Undersized squad feat when against higher division player

To start, I’m Div 4 (2.8 mil GP) and have only been matched against Div 3 players. The feat to use an undersized squad is proving to be alot more difficult for me under new matchmaking. Used to be fairly doable under previous matchmaking. Under new matchmaking, every one of my matches has been against higher division players usually between 700k-800k more overall GP. As I understand it, the amount of squads to set on D is determined by my GP (as the smaller GP player), which seems appropriate for the match given GP disparity. Even under new matchmaking I can still win matches. That’s not my issue at least. The problem I’m having is with the feats. The higher division players seem to always be able to set strong teams on D because they don’t have to dig down deep into their bench like they might if they were up against another player in their weight class which would require them to set more teams on D. So, I’m not seeing one or two “good but not great” teams on my opponent’s D anymore. They’re all usually solid enough that I need to field a full squad or just throw a Hail Mary with an undersized team. It’ll probably work itself out but does seem like a systemic thing to me as someone who is up against much higher GP players.

Replies

• Options
    Yeah I'm in division 2 and not having any luck with having that either. All 8 defenses in both matches so far required me to use a full squad to take them down. I did manage to get the feat for winning 1 match with an undersized squad but that was for the 3rd try against the remaining 2 chars. So i went with 3 v 2 and got it. So if it works like that you could just do it that way. You could try doing undersized wins against 1st attempt failures. Good luck and game on
  • Options
    Between consistently winning matches or winning a feat for a minor amount of points/tokens, I'll take the side of consistently winning matches. Each feat, itself, is a pretty minuscule part of the GAC.
  • Options
    That’s fair but as an example...I’m ranked between 200-300 globally. If I could get that feat, I’d be in top 50 right now. The distribution in rankings will always be tight and incremental I suspect. So a few points here and there may be meaningful. Also unclear to me if when you complete a feat whether or not you get another to do. If that’s the case, I’m missing out on other feats.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Completing one feat does not unlock another, however with the completion of each round new feats have been added.