Yoda still stealing passive buffs

Sucka
59 posts Member
edited March 2016
xWBtA8V.jpg
Thought this was supposed to get fixed in the patch but its still happening. Fifth member was royal guard, yoda steals crit up from 86 and evasion up from Poggle. I forgot to check the crit up bonus he gets but he gets a 10% evasion up from Poggle when Poggle only has a 6% bonus from being paired with 86. I've noticed him getting the evasion up bonus even when 86 is already dead when he makes the attack so Poggle shouldnt have a bonus in the first place.

Replies

• SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sucka wrote: »
    xWBtA8V.jpg
    Thought this was supposed to get fixed in the patch but its still happening. Fifth member was royal guard, yoda steals crit up from 86 and evasion up from Poggle. I forgot to check the crit up bonus he gets but he gets a 10% evasion up from Poggle when Poggle only has a 6% bonus from being paired with 86. I've noticed him getting the evasion up bonus even when 86 is already dead when he makes the attack so Poggle shouldnt have a bonus in the first place.

They fixed him from stealing leader skills, for certain. Passive unique skills, however, all depends on the character with whatever modifier (and some only apply situationally).

The most common characters he was stealing unique passives from were handled since their buffs were non-conditional, so I can see why they'd overlook the situational ones (like Poggle's and IG-86's, which require the presence of certain types of units), since if they are solo against Yoda, they're not benefitting from it and Yoda wouldn't have been able to steal it.

Lastly, the buff modifier values won't be equal to the modified value of the passive, since the passive values aren't usually the same value as an active buff (causes a buff icon, always has a fixed value) modifier, which is what Yoda turns them into.
  • Sucka
    59 posts Member
    Options
    SinnerWill wrote: »
    xWBtA8V.jpg

They fixed him from stealing leader skills, for certain. Passive unique skills, however, all depends on the character with whatever modifier (and some only apply situationally).

The most common characters he was stealing unique passives from were handled since their buffs were non-conditional, so I can see why they'd overlook the situational ones (like Poggle's and IG-86's, which require the presence of certain types of units), since if they are solo against Yoda, they're not benefitting from it and Yoda wouldn't have been able to steal it.

Lastly, the buff modifier values won't be equal to the modified value of the passive, since the passive values aren't usually the same value as an active buff (causes a buff icon, always has a fixed value) modifier, which is what Yoda turns them into.

Yea I can see how it would happen, just hope they fix it soon. There is no reason that one character should get BETTER benefits than my synergized team and apply them to everyone else. Droids struggle enough as it is and it takes what should be an advantage and makes it a giant liability.
  • Options
    xWBtA8V.jpg

Yea I can see how it would happen, just hope they fix it soon. There is no reason that one character should get BETTER benefits than my synergized team and apply them to everyone else. Droids struggle enough as it is and it takes what should be an advantage and makes it a giant liability.

Oh, come on now... Droids are probably the single best synergized team as it is right now. Which will only become more apparent with HK's next leader ability upgrade. The only possible synergy team that can rival them right now is likely only a partial-composition Jedi one, which isn't a full synergy squad.

Maybe Chief Churpa could make a 4/5 Ewok-squad rival the droids, but that's yet to be seen.

But... Yes, Yoda stealing passives certainly makes him capable of outperforming his intended capabilities.
  • Sucka
    59 posts Member
    Options
    xWBtA8V.jpg

Oh, come on now... Droids are probably the single best synergized team as it is right now. Which will only become more apparent with HK's next leader ability upgrade. The only possible synergy team that can rival them right now is likely only a partial-composition Jedi one, which isn't a full synergy squad.

Maybe Chief Churpa could make a 4/5 Ewok-squad rival the droids, but that's yet to be seen.

But... Yes, Yoda stealing passives certainly makes him capable of outperforming his intended capabilities.

Oh don't get me wrong, the actual synergies are great, they just don't quite jive with the speed meta. 88 is pretty much unusable because his health is just 9k so a lot of characters can one shot him before he can move or get protection. 86 survives better but not my a lot. The trade-off is they give each other great bonuses to offset their flaws which is kind of my point - having a single character take all of those benefits and give them to any old team with none of the negatives really makes droids seem not worth the trouble.