Geo TB - Hailfire Tank ability in phase 4

RawdSW
150 posts Member
Level 3 Hailfire tank - A lot of DS characters were sacrificed to obtain that ability.

Description: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Defense Down, Offense Down, Stagger, Tenacity Down and 3 DoTs for 2 turns.

Not quite. Fighting vs 5 characters that implies 7*5 = 35 debuffs. You get 4 or 5 total debuffs if you are lucky. Nothing sticks. Damage is minimal as well as armor values are insane. What's the point? That was supposed to be a high end assault that we spent good characters to obtain. Instead it's literally a waste of turn. Moreover, since this is not a character ability, no amount of gear or mods will change that.

Something needs to be improved here. Either up the tank's potency to where at least half the debuffs actually stick, or apply irresistible tenacity down before other debuffs, or up the physical damage, or something else. Right now it is truly worthless.

Replies

• botabu
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get it either.... difficult I was able to accept, but this is IMPOSSIBLE. Also.... we have a few people in our guild with full G13 fully maxed GG and DR teams that got SLAUGHTERED in combat missions. If G13 and god mods can't beat these combat missions..... what else could we POSSIBLY need? Anyone want to bet 7 dot mods incoming. Will each cost the equivalent of a midsize sedan.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Hailfire tanks: Fire! ... Tickles clone troopers, I squint to observe any damage.
    LAAT strike! 2 dead, 1 yellow, 2 red. Hmmm.
    At very least an NPC unit should have enough potency and armor penetration to counter the NPC enemies it's up against. Definitely seems like an initial balance issue.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Yeah, it's really weak. I actually had my guild skip those platoons for day 3 and use their best characters in the missions, as a Level 1-2 Hailfire wasn't going to do anything of value on day 4.
  • Options
    Well, maybe CG is just trying to keep the lore, since the clones won the battle of Geonosis? It should make LS Geo TB a cake walk, right? /s
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    If it works like the Hoth abilities, the strength of the attack is modified by the stats of the character using the ability.
    e.g, strafing run with C3P0 is a tickle. Strafing run with CLS nearly wipes out the first wave in p6 of LS Hoth.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Fanatic wrote: »
    If it works like the Hoth abilities, the strength of the attack is modified by the stats of the character using the ability.
    e.g, strafing run with C3P0 is a tickle. Strafing run with CLS nearly wipes out the first wave in p6 of LS Hoth.

Are you sure about that? I usually use my garbage Hoth Soldier/Scout to fire strafing run and I seem to remember it being equally effective.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Used it (6/6 platoons previous phase) with a G12+ ventress on P3 (Wave 4) and it did about 10% protection damage to the team, the ten down landed on all but thee rest of the described debuffs were nowhere to be seen. ngl and say it was useless for my NS team because it got the plague on there, but it was not worth what was put in to get it by any shot. As a guild we didnt bother filling the middle P3 platoons as giving up revans and malaks for that would have been stupid
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »

Are you sure about that? I usually use my garbage Hoth Soldier/Scout to fire strafing run and I seem to remember it being equally effective.
    It was proven early on when Hoth TB launched. The best proof is using it during a Phoenix mission. Use it with Ezra, crakaboom! Use it with chopper, meh.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Did somebody say new level cap with crystals or premium training droids needed to raise units to level 90/95? All this geo tb looks like a huge build up for the next tier of gaming. And maybe for the next buyable meta.