iPhone 6 is NOT a legacy device!

Why can’t we have ANY stability playing TB or TW on this device?! This has been a reported bug for months and months with no resolution. You have no problems with stability when processing my crystal purchases or character packs?

Before this gets shuffled off to the Bugs section and lost to oblivion can others who are having this issue sound off.

“Just upgrade your old phone.” Just getting it out of the way before the first helpful commenter throws their two cents in.

Replies

• Options
    iPhones suck.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    What issue are you having?
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    It's a 5 year old device. Considering smart phones as we know them today are only 12 years old, that's ancient.

If the performance of your phone is a problem for you, get a new one.
  • Options
    The game is nearly 4 years old. Which by the way is “ancient”. They haven’t updated the game graphically or in any other way that should create gameplay issues. All the enhancements are done behind the scenes. The fact that the stability issues are most prevalent in specific gameplay modes indicates a programming issue, not a hardware one. The game crashes going into battle in TB or TW or becomes so slow that the game just crashes.
  • Options
    iPhones suck.

Found the Android elitist
  • Options
    Another iPhone 6 user here, also have horrendous latency and crashing issues...

However, given that Apple is seemingly not including the iPhone 6 for the next version of iOS, I have to disagree and say it’s borderline a legacy device.
  • Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    Options
    Really? Iphones come out like every year, aren't they on 10 now? The one that costs more than my rent?

Are they still purposely slowing them down too?
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    MukkaMatt wrote: »
    Another iPhone 6 user here, also have horrendous latency and crashing issues...

However, given that Apple is seemingly not including the iPhone 6 for the next version of iOS, I have to disagree and say it’s borderline a legacy device.
    Its borderline legacy alright

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624
  • Options
    Get an iPhone 7 ... boom
  • Options
    Get an iphone XS
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    My 6 handles everything but the new TB.

There's been other games I can't get because I'm on the 6. If it's not old, it's getting old. I've got little issue with games of all things not being supported on it
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is that the iphone6 has 1GB of RAM. Doesn't matter if you're on iOS or Android, that amount of RAM makes the game very crashy. The newer devices with 2 or 3GB are much more stable. Kinda crazy considering it's a mobile game, but such is the state of games development these days.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    6s+ zero problems
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    6s+ zero problems

Yep, because the 6s+ has 2GB, unlike the 6 and 6s.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve got a 6s and never had any problems but now I’m worried I need to get a new phone soon, but I don’t want another contract
  • Options
    Smidday wrote: »
    I’ve got a 6s and never had any problems but now I’m worried I need to get a new phone soon, but I don’t want another contract

EBay. Cash purchase. It's not a house or a car why finance it for the next 48 months?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    The game is nearly 4 years old. Which by the way is “ancient”. They haven’t updated the game graphically or in any other way that should create gameplay issues. All the enhancements are done behind the scenes. The fact that the stability issues are most prevalent in specific gameplay modes indicates a programming issue, not a hardware one. The game crashes going into battle in TB or TW or becomes so slow that the game just crashes.

They've added a ton of updates server side, which require more RAM from your phone. Your 6 is old. My 6S is just about too old. Gotta accept the facts.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    My iPhone 6 works very well with this game. Somehow, I’ve never had loading issues. I don’t know. I guess I’m just lucky.