General Grievous - stealth nerf????

Prev1
Broxxor
595 posts Member
edited July 2019
So the past two days I've noticed my Gear 13 GG is not hitting nearly as hard as he was. I was consistently getting 150k-180k crits on his AOE, the past two days I'm barely scratching 70k.

Nothing has changed in my modding on the team, everything equal on the other team more or less (there's no major changes - same G13 characters, etc).

Now, I can't get the same hits, I'm consistently losing with it. Keep in mind, this isn't just some one-off arena match where the numbers didn't work. It went working extremely well on SAturday (with 15 arena battles used - all of them basically the same) to dropping off a cliff on Monday and Tuesday - where none of them worked that way.

Anyone experiencing anything similar?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    They don't stealth nerf -- they always address pressing issues and announce whether it will be nerfed or not

>see JKA + Jedi Revan
    >see JKA + Nightsisters
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps, but it doesn't make sense that he's suddenly stopped hitting as hard as he was.
  • Options
    it's not a nerf, its that the clones in wave 4 are all G13 and level 93, and even then still have OP stats. So the hitting softer comes with increased defense on their end.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Stealth nerfs are a slap in the face that make the game literally unplayable and make my wallet = closed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    it's not a nerf, its that the clones in wave 4 are all G13 and level 93, and even then still have OP stats. So the hitting softer comes with increased defense on their end.

I'm not talking about TB. I realize he isn't going to hit like a mack truck there.

I'm talking in arena vs the same DR teams I was slaughtering on day 1 - and now struggle/lose against now.
  • Options

Hes definitely talking about arena here. Not TB.. "It went working extremely well on SAturday (with 15 arena battles used - all of them basically the same) "
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Assuming facing DR teams, perhaps the toons didn't have as many stacks of ferocity as before?
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Assuming facing DR teams, perhaps the toons didn't have as many stacks of ferocity as before?

This is a very big possibility. What teams are you facing? Is it DR trio + Malak/SiT? Your opponent may have slowed down some of their tanks, or you may be facing different opponents with different mods, or they may be faster, hence killing you before the damage stacks as high...lots of possibilities here. Also, as an aside, is T-3M4 still alive? Because if he does you lose a huge boost to critical damage.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

This is a very big possibility. What teams are you facing? Is it DR trio + Malak/SiT? Your opponent may have slowed down some of their tanks, or you may be facing different opponents with different mods, or they may be faster, hence killing you before the damage stacks as high...lots of possibilities here. Also, as an aside, is T-3M4 still alive? Because if he does you lose a huge boost to critical damage.

This seems most likely the cause although vague...

GG team seems to be a domino effect team where if everything happens in the exact right order it's OP. Otherwise it's unpredictable and inconsistent.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    If your damage has dropped drastically t3 is probably dying.
    If your damage has dropped a little it may be the amount of debuffs you are managing to apply.

There has not been a stealth nerf. I'm still getting big numbers in arena.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Perhaps, but it doesn't make sense that he's suddenly stopped hitting as hard as he was.
    Post a video
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    Broxxor wrote: »

I'm not talking about TB. I realize he isn't going to hit like a mack truck there.

I'm talking in arena vs the same DR teams I was slaughtering on day 1 - and now struggle/lose against now.
    Have any of the teams you’re going up against become gear 13 @Broxxor?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    They don't nerf your hero, they tweak the AI. It's a loophole they added and admitted a long time back. First they did this in GW now where ever. Like when RJT squads destroyed STR they were changed via the AI so their stats elsewhere were uneffected. If you check the stats on GG nothing has changed, but his effectiveness will vary elsewhere.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    They don't nerf your hero, they tweak the AI. It's a loophole they added and admitted a long time back. First they did this in GW now where ever. Like when RJT squads destroyed STR they were changed via the AI so their stats elsewhere were uneffected.

Source on any of this?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    They don't nerf your hero, they tweak the AI. It's a loophole they added and admitted a long time back. First they did this in GW now where ever. Like when RJT squads destroyed STR they were changed via the AI so their stats elsewhere were uneffected.

Source on any of this?

Waited for your reply. You know as well as i do this happens. Instead prove me wrong with evidence. Now run along lol
  • Options
    @Broxxor

I have a post as well... I didn't see this one until TVF shared it. I'm going through the same thing and so is multiple people on discord and line app
  • Options
    They don't nerf your hero, they tweak the AI. It's a loophole they added and admitted a long time back. First they did this in GW now where ever. Like when RJT squads destroyed STR they were changed via the AI so their stats elsewhere were uneffected. If you check the stats on GG nothing has changed, but his effectiveness will vary elsewhere.

If you don't mind please share where you got this information. I've been playing for over 3 years and haven't heard of this. Not trolling just wanting and gathering info. Thank you
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

If you don't mind please share where you got this information. I've been playing for over 3 years and haven't heard of this. Not trolling just wanting and gathering info. Thank you

When they made GW more difficult they admitted they reworked the AI to allow adjusting the heroes effectiveness. It was around the time they said "hey it's supposed to be hard". Believe me or not, makes no difference. If believing nothing changed and GG works fine, great. My reply is plausible and explains what is happening, but logic is never appreciated here lol

Have fun, I'm out.
  • Options

When they made GW more difficult they admitted they reworked the AI to allow adjusting the heroes effectiveness. It was around the time they said "hey it's supposed to be hard". Believe me or not, makes no difference. If believing nothing changed and GG works fine, great. My reply is plausibke and explains what is happening, but logic is never appreciated here lol

It's crazy but I some how remember something like that now that you mention it. But as far as arena goes I've never had a character go from hitting 149k to 179k and then can't even hit for 80k. That's either a major bug or a Nerf my friend.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

When they made GW more difficult they admitted they reworked the AI to allow adjusting the heroes effectiveness. It was around the time they said "hey it's supposed to be hard". Believe me or not, makes no difference. If believing nothing changed and GG works fine, great. My reply is plausibke and explains what is happening, but logic is never appreciated here lol

It's crazy but I some how remember something like that now that you mention it. But as far as arena goes I've never had a character go from hitting 149k to 179k and then can't even hit for 80k. That's either a major bug or a Nerf my friend.

It's how Dooku started running laps attacking multiple targets etc. I agree it can be seen as a nerf but they can show you the heroes stats have not changed. It's a loophole. But it is what it is. I've played since launch, seen a lot of changes. Like health pools cut in half to make protection.. lol crazy days.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Source on any of this?

Waited for your reply. You know as well as i do this happens. Instead prove me wrong with evidence. Now run along lol

No, I don't. You've made a claim with no evidence. Me having to prove you wrong is not how this works.

They changed the "matchmaking" for GW, then they capped the power on the teams. There was no change to the AI, unless you can point to the post where they said there was.

In STR they changed the expose damage because it was initially too high, which lowered JTR scores. They didn't touch the squad itself, and even if they did, that has nothing to do with AI anyway since you're on offense (unless you're on auto for some crazy reason, and good luck with that no matter whether they changed anything or not).
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    If theoretically stats arent changing, then neither should damage. Reconfiguring AI scripts would not affect damage.

This is not some magical loophole mystery. This is logical math crunching these numbers. If damage changes, then a stat changed. That by definition is not tuning the AI to change its behavior.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Source on any of this?

They did change the AI on JKR when he used to start by always marking Traya. That made it easier for Traya teams to work around JKR, so they made it randomize is marked target.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Source on any of this?

They did change the AI on JKR when he used to start by always marking Traya. That made it easier for Traya teams to work around JKR, so they made it randomize is marked target.

Again, source?

I'm aware of JKR marking Traya (or DN, maybe if no Traya), whereas with other toons it's more random (like with CLS/Han/Chewie). What I don't remember is where they said it. I don't run Traya against JKR so I have no "feel" ;)

Happy to admit I'm wrong if someone can actually point to a statement showing this stuff happened.
  • Options

Source on any of this?

Again, source?

I'm aware of JKR marking Traya (or DN, maybe if no Traya), whereas with other toons it's more random (like with CLS/Han/Chewie). What I don't remember is where they said it. I don't run Traya against JKR so I have no "feel" ;)

Happy to admit I'm wrong if someone can actually point to a statement showing this stuff happened.

@Nikoms565 is 100% correct in this. I do remember them saying this about changing the AI. They made it to where JKR targeted traya but if traya wasn't there they went straight after DN. I personally don't know how to find this info on the forums but he is speaking the truth. I remember reading it and thinking wow that's not right that they would do this just to help Revan out. It seems both revans and Malak get the special treatment always which blows my mind
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Source on any of this?

Again, source?

@Nikoms565 is 100% correct in this. I do remember them saying this about changing the AI. They made it to where JKR targeted traya but if traya wasn't there they went straight after DN. I personally don't know how to find this info on the forums but he is speaking the truth. I remember reading it and thinking wow that's not right that they would do this just to help Revan out. It seems both revans and Malak get the special treatment always which blows my mind

I'm saying it was always like that, but neither of us has any proof so it's irrelevant.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Source on any of this?

Again, source?

I'm saying it was always like that, but neither of us has any proof so it's irrelevant.

Proof...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196058/so-after-2-20-patch-revan-no-longer-marks-traya-first-100-of-the-time-wai/p1
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    What's the source there? gg? I didn't read through everything.

If it's from gg (from what I know that's been a reliable source in the past), I stand corrected. At least regarding that one issue. Doesn't mean there's a stealth nerf here, especially since this isn't an AI issue.