Simplify matchmaking

CosmicJ
348 posts Member
edited July 2019
Hey guys and girls,

I'm actually not unhappy that CG changed matchmaking, I had quite a lot of fun in the exhibition. However, in my opinion, pertinent GP is overly complicated and has a lot of margin for error which may lead to unfair matchups if it is continually factored in as the GAC progresses (that part is TBC).

To simplify matchmaking, get rid of pertinent GP as a factor. You only fight other opponents in your division and Win/Loss is the thing that determines your matchups and progression to higher leagues (feats also contribute as they currently do).

For the first Tournament in a GAC, you are randomly placed with 7 others in your division. You might get some unfair match ups in this one tournament, granted, but the matchups will become more and more even as you progress through the GAC.

For clarity:

-If I win 2/3 in my first tournament in the series, then in my second tournament I go on to battle other people in my division who won 2/3 in their first tournament.
-If i then win 3/3 in my second tournament in the series, then I go on to battle other people who won 5/6 in their first two tournaments, and so on.

Using this method, at the end of a 5 tournament series (or more if CG determines it) you should place exactly where you deserve to be.

Regarding rewards - higher divisions receive better rewards as they progress through the leagues (i believe that is already the case) but higher divisions also receive better rewards at the end of the GAC based on their league (I believe this is not the case currently).

I cant really think of any solid reasons why CG wouldn't implement it this way, but i'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter.
Post edited by CosmicJ on

Replies

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that's what is going to happen. Winners vs winners in the second week and then the winners of them vs each other in the third week and so on while still trying to match the winners on their gp. And the same will happen with the losers (2/3, 1/3, 0/3)
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I really hope so. It's the only way to know exactly where you stand and give you the rank you deserve (within your division) at the end of a GAC series.

But if it is this way, it begs the question, why bother with complicated matchmaking algorithms?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    horrible idea imo
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Why?