Ships team?

hotdeaths
152 posts Member
So I know the "meta" ships squad, but I am struggling despite just unlocking the falcon.
I am currently levelling Ackbar, though I doubt I'll G12 him as I am poor enough on gold stuns. I am gearing Bossk and might gear the phoenix for Ghost (phantom needs sabine which I havent got 7*) so hopefully they will be good.

Any tips on lineups?

https://swgoh.gg/p/264377878/ships/

Apologies for this, I just am confused why my lineup hasn't improved after getting Falcon, so I'm assuming I am doing something stupid.

I think currently I am using HT, Biggs, Ghost, Then re-enforce falcon and (if i make it to this stage) Slave 1.

Tyvm lads

Replies

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Ht, biggs, falcon
    Reinforcement phantom 2, then ghost and then wedge.

I think u wing and other rebel ships are a little better but if you get the line up above maxed and their characters to gear 12, you'll be alright.

I think the key is that toons need to be well geared and achbar needs to be g12+ for the top end of fleet arena since every but if speed us important
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Options
    Saada wrote: »
    Ht, biggs, falcon

I think u wing and other rebel ships are a little better but if you get the line up above maxed and their characters to gear 12, you'll be alright.

I think the key is that toons need to be well geared and achbar needs to be g12+ for the top end of fleet arena since every but if speed us important

The other factor here is that you want a(t least five star) Cassian (ideally, since he can target assist call your own HMF which will then call a random assist) or Ebon Hawk in your reserves to call up while you don't have any Breached ships to clear taunts, protection up, and the HMF unique that makes it untargetable so you can snipe out the opposing HMF as early as feasible. If their HMF is down and you still have your Hound's Tooth you are looking at (at least!) a 95% win percentage.
  • haysswa1
    169 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I use ackbar, ht, Biggs and falcon to start. Then call in cassians ship, phantom ii, vaders ship then silencer. My actual setup has phantom ii as 1st reinforcement.

I cleanse breach if any is present so on my reinforcement turn I can use cassian to come in and debuff everyone. Then hopefully take out the opposing falcon using cassian to call my falcon for an assist. Then it's pretty much home free barring any bad rng.

Hope this helps, good luck and game on!
    Edited, sorry meant phantom ii not ghost lol
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    Ht, biggs, falcon

The other factor here is that you want a(t least five star) Cassian (ideally, since he can target assist call your own HMF which will then call a random assist) or Ebon Hawk in your reserves to call up while you don't have any Breached ships to clear taunts, protection up, and the HMF unique that makes it untargetable so you can snipe out the opposing HMF as early as feasible. If their HMF is down and you still have your Hound's Tooth you are looking at (at least!) a 95% win percentage.

It's actually a 100% winrate if you're in that scenario. 95% is more of if u're left with falc and another random rebel ship.
  • Options
    Agreed. You don’t need Wedge at all. Cassian is actually more important than ghost
  • haysswa1
    169 posts Member
    Options
    Oh and also you may have to change your kill order according to who you're facing. For example in my shard a few line ups have ht, bistan and Biggs as starters so I change my normal attack method up.
    Instead of using falcon unique I go ahead and take the chance to attack bistan hopefully taking him out or at least close. I don't worry too much about falcon being targeted because my ht usually goes next to get his taunt on. Usually works most of the time unless I face a super speedy group and then it probably wouldn't matter anyways lol.

That's just my thing, I don't know if many would agree or do the same but it's fun for me lol good luck and game on!
  • Options
    Forget ghost for now, focus on phantom and cassian. If you already have biggs and HT then they are top priority. After they were up to speed then work on ghost.
  • Darthvestor_80
    484 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Completely off topic.... How many lawmen does it take to handcuff a hobo? 13 irl no Boloney frfr literally right now
  • Options
    The most common starting line up is HT, HMF, Bigs. I think Phantom II and Cassian's are the most important reinforcements. Priority wise based on what you have I recommend:

1. HT - only tank durable enough to survive current meta
    2. Cassian's - to beat stronger mirror matches crew to gear 8sh ASAP to snipe other teams HMF.
    3. Phantom II

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Scratch all of that, farm GR ships and unlock Negotiator.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    So I know the "meta" ships squad, but I am struggling despite just unlocking the falcon.
    I am currently levelling Ackbar, though I doubt I'll G12 him as I am poor enough on gold stuns. I am gearing Bossk and might gear the phoenix for Ghost (phantom needs sabine which I havent got 7*) so hopefully they will be good.

Any tips on lineups?

https://swgoh.gg/p/264377878/ships/

Apologies for this, I just am confused why my lineup hasn't improved after getting Falcon, so I'm assuming I am doing something stupid.

I think currently I am using HT, Biggs, Ghost, Then re-enforce falcon and (if i make it to this stage) Slave 1.

Tyvm lads

Probably something you should have asked like three months ago when you were farming for Millennium Falcon..what other ships should you be prepping? This is like gearing up your GG to G13 when your MagnaGuard, B1, B2 and HK are still all 4 star gear 5.

I use ****, Biggs, and Bistan up front, Phantom, Ghost, Cassian and anyone in 4th spot. Doesn't really matter much. Just make sure your fleet members have 6 6 dot mods, it goes a long way towards the ships speed, strength, etc.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I use HT, Biggs, Falcon call Phantom the Ghost Cassian if any survivors and the Wedge for clean up. Mostly mirror matches. It’s all who has the fastest ships and RNG.

Always use Han’s special maneuvers first, save Biggs’ special unless enemy ship is target locked. Always use Akbar’s barrage unless you need to heal or cleanse. Use cassian’s special with 2 targets on it on Falcon which calls more assists.
    Make sure you are maxing your abilities for ships including reinforcement abilities. Don’t put reinforcement abilities on HT, Biggs or Falcon until your other ships are buffed up to purple.

xzu9i2edc6e6.jpeg
    9evn5zg1vc20.png
  • Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    Options
    You need cassians ship for one reason. Dispel buffs. Call in cassian and use the assist with you HMF on theirs to kill it. Then you win easy as that
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Options
    I use HT, Biggs, Falcon call Phantom the Ghost Cassian if any survivors and the Wedge for clean up. Mostly mirror matches. It’s all who has the fastest ships and RNG.

Always use Han’s special maneuvers first, save Biggs’ special unless enemy ship is target locked. Always use Akbar’s barrage unless you need to heal or cleanse. Use cassian’s special with 2 targets on it on Falcon which calls more assists.
    Make sure you are maxing your abilities for ships including reinforcement abilities. Don’t put reinforcement abilities on HT, Biggs or Falcon until your other ships are buffed up to purple.

xzu9i2edc6e6.jpeg
    9evn5zg1vc20.png

"Always use han's special maneuvers first" - only a sith deals in absolutes. If you start with biggs bistan falc, there are times u can use falc's basic instead and get rid of the other falc. Then just hit auto and win.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Falcon, Biggs, Bistan > Falcon, Biggs, Tooth.

If you want to be a tricksy hobbit, then add Carth's ship (whatever it's called) and Clone Trooper Sergeant to your reinforcements. Carth gives you a second cleanse and Sgt will taunt after being cleansed. Both of these will help you on defense, because, frankly, all you need to win on offense is Cassian's U-Wing calling Falcon to assist him against the opponent's Falcon. That even gives you a flex spot for your fourth reinforcement, though I'd suggest a Rebel so that you can improve the odds of always having three Rebel ships out (including Falcon) so that Special Maneuvers will always result in Falcon at 100%.

xzu9i2edc6e6.jpeg
    9evn5zg1vc20.png

"Always use han's special maneuvers first" - only a sith deals in absolutes. If you start with biggs bistan falc, there are times u can use falc's basic instead and get rid of the other falc. Then just hit auto and win.

Here's the strength of using Bistan's U-Wing over Tooth, though. I never have to worry about it, just Special Maneuver and fire. Although you're better off hitting their Tooth instead. Going after their Falcon first means you're banking on all your TM ties breaking your way and you getting all the attacks off before they Special Maneuver and then you're up against a fresh Tooth. Nuke their Tooth and you win 95% of the time. It *should* be 100%, but sometimes silly season happens and you get dodged or no crits or whatever.....
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Did you even look at his ship line up?

Yup, listen to Eddie. Put that Bistan in use and watch yourself climb to the top of your shard right now. That green Scariff Rebel Pilot is a superstar!!

So much NaCL it makes the Virginia Salt mines look like Accent non-salt substitute.

onaxcfba5iqt.png