We need a sand box to play against our friends!!!!

ShmeegBurglar
6 posts Member
edited July 2019
Let’s be real.. challenges last one hour MAX and after we have nothing to do. Why not add a game mode where you can challenge friends and allies and verse each other for fun!! Not hostile just think it’d be a great idea. Thanks for listening!
Post edited by ShmeegBurglar on

Replies

• Options
    Awesome. You asked for something and did not give suggestions how to implement it. This is how to ask for stuff. And I agree, a sandbox would be fun to theory craft either solo or with guild mates.
  • Options
    Awesome. You asked for something and did not give suggestions how to implement it. This is how to ask for stuff. And I agree, a sandbox would be fun to theory craft either solo or with guild mates.

Sarcasm? Or na
  • Options
    Could be sarcasm. Search the other 100 threads asking for the same thing to see if he’s been salty in any of them.
  • Options
    Instant salt water.... just add water.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options

Sarcasm? Or na

Completely no sarcasm at all. I 100% like this ask because you are not telling the Devs how to do their job. You just ask for a mode we all want.
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    Options
    There are many threads that relate to this very topic -which isn't a bad thing- that goes to show there are many in the community who would love some iteration of sandbox mode
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Would be nice. Will never happen. That's one of the few things that Carrie has addressed directly with a hard "no." They won't spend a bunch of development time on something that makes zero money. I don't blame them.
  • Options
    i've posted a couple times asking for this. guess no one sees a chance to make CG any money but i agree we need more to do.
  • BryantBub
    33 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I would think engagement as a whole is important. New content should have value beyond just revenue generation... just ask Netflix why they allow 10 family members to piggyback off one subscription account.
  • Othorion
    33 posts Member
    Options
    I also would like to see a sandbox mode soon, and I am actually quite sure, that this will help to make more money in the long run because of several reasons:

1) it will keep Players playing the game. If there is not enough to do regularly (like right now) people start to look for other games to play, where you can actually, well, „play“!

2) people can try new combos against meta teams or the standard defense teams in TW or GAC. This will most likely lead to new counter ideas, and this will make people want to have those new teams maxed....which will make some of them spent money to get them quickly.

3) And it will probably also help to get new players into the game, as the old players will go back to recommend the game again, and the new player has a mode where he can learn the mechanics and the effect of modding and all the stuff that is getting more complicated as more and more interactions exist.

• Options
    Thanks for all the feedback on my post guys!
  • Gannon
    1633 posts Member
    Options
    As crazy pointed out above, standard arena has become a joke, basically, where shard chat groups can dictate who gets what to the point that they can play around with it.

I've called for an guild training arena many times here, which should replace standard arena, but function exactly the same as it does now, but within a guild.
    It will have no rewards, just a place to play against friends without worry of losing rewards. Crystals and other rewards should be moved to grand arena, but the amount and frequency retained based on rank or something.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't bring revenue and doesn't trick people into spending on the long term: X rejected
  • Gannon
    1633 posts Member
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Doesn't bring revenue and doesn't trick people into spending on the long term: X rejected

Sure it would.
    Moving the rewards would drive heavier involvement in gac, which many ppl have been blatantly joining only for free rewards and not actively playing. Many ppl do spend to catch up in gac, especially with the introduction of g13, and moving the crystals there would force tons of ppl who previously did bare minimum to jump in and play catch up.
    Training arena would also let ppl test new ideas and new toons, which could be enough to convince them of their value enough to get them to spend to complete them.
    And if it retained the 5 attempt with Crystal refreshes, ppl who wanted to play it to test things may still drop crystals on it.
  • Options
    How else are you going to know who wins in a 1v1 between the greatest monster in the universe Savage Oppress and Grievous? frrnzb8zn13c.jpg
    48wpccy9h81p.jpg

So?? Who won? Don't keep us in suspense

As for a sandbox type of mode: Yes, most of us want it. And yes, it would add more fun and engagement for players new and old alike. The advantage for CG that they are perhaps overlooking in favour of hard cash is that it would effectively give them the huge testing arena that they need where they could let people play against friends etc with their existing rosters and theory craft etc, but they could also within it easily implement a way to let people use new or reworked characters and test them before they go into the rest of the game
    ...but yeah they probably won't do it