Make Galactic War hard again!!

If GW was tough...with actual teams people face in Arena or TW...it could be used as a kind of sandbox mode.

Replies

• Options
    People keep talking about a sandbox mode, and I think I’ve got one;m: the mod slicing nodes. Depending on which node you pick, they’re the perfect challenge to test my new squads
  • Options
    I also want this in theory. In practice tho, it would amount to 12 nodes of Jedi Revan teams as that is the o n l y team i face in arena. Hard pressed to be excited by that.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    They should have 2 versions of it, the carebear auto/solo toon win the whole way or a hardmode for people who want to actually play the game

The “carebear” mode would be for newer players. I still see complaints here about not being able to finish GW.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Considering that a g13 Malak can solo all twelve teams in the level 85 GW I'd say it might have gotten too easy.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    Options
    DrMorpheus wrote: »
    People keep talking about a sandbox mode, and I think I’ve got one;m: the mod slicing nodes. Depending on which node you pick, they’re the perfect challenge to test my new squads

The last 2 stages in mod battles is where i test out new squads im building. Problem is i need something more.

Ive had to screw up my arena to play test padme vs Dre.
    Right now theres a few squads i have no way to pressure test them.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    Options
    GW needs a hard mode.

Use players squads from arena rank 500-50. If its too difficult simming is still an option.
    there might be a nice variety of squads for us to chew through.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    They actually can make it hard now. The players that want a challenge will get it, and the players that say it’s too hard can just sim it to beat it, everyone gets what they want this way!

And what about new players who can't sim it until they beat the hard version a certain number of times?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Shiprek
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Easy solution is to turn on hard mode once you can sim it.
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Options
    In the beginning get was monsterously hard, it was so hard your last three battles often had the potential to open up an endless unbeatable turn meter charged team, most folks only had two or three teams so they had to be very careful, but I would love to have that back now, that was our sandbox/practice mode when you think about it and folks complaining about the steep difficulty caused it to disappear. Sigh
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    12 (previous)meta teams in chronological order with 3 current meta teams at the end please. Also add a sim per 1 battle option por favor.
    Obviously only once you've gotten the option to sim, this would be a nightmare for newer players otherwise.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »
    They should have 2 versions of it, the carebear auto/solo toon win the whole way or a hardmode for people who want to actually play the game

The “carebear” mode would be for newer players. I still see complaints here about not being able to finish GW.

I have been able to finish GW a total of 3 times on my alt account. It's hard to do with G11 Jawas.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Why not a squad arena-like "Select a team" from a number of possible teams. Padme and GG teams would get a lot of play right now for people to practice counters.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    Options
    Mod battles last stage. Testing out GG
    Be nice to try out an actual squad
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    @NicWester New players are soo far behind that they don’t really matter (sad to say)

SARCASM DETECTED
  • Options
    I'd play 11 nodes to get a guaranteed wampa on node 12... Just sayin
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    There could add an option available to play hard after you can sim the GW. That way the new players can stiill do the easy way and the older can opt to do a hard version to test squads
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    I vote to remove the GW table altogether and replace it with an engaging mode instead. Like preset teams with ever increasing in difficulty stages with the rewards scaling with each completed wave. Continues cost crystals. Or you know something else.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, GW needs to be challenging again, its really boring now just steamrolling through random non-synergized teams. Or at least have a normal and hard option, and keep it simmable, everyone wins
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Shiprek wrote: »
    Easy solution is to turn on hard mode once you can sim it.

This sounds like such an easy solution with very few drawbacks.

In general, I don't think this would be a perfect solution for allowing us to use/test our teams, but it sounds like the easiest by far that is at least a partial solution.

Slightly better would be a filter when resetting it that allows you to select difficulty and team comp. Default is "G7, All, Escalating", but you can switch to "G12, Sith, Static" to just have a full GW of G12 Sith characters.

However, even if they did want to do something more complicated like the second idea, they should still implement the first since it sounds WAY easier and needs no UI, so could be done quickly, because we REALLY need something.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    It should be as easy as it is now until you gain the ability to sim GW. Then the difficulty should jump up, and we should have the ability to sim 1-12 at a time rather than all or nothing. That way if you get stuck on a particularly difficult node, you can skip over it and play the next one. Or, you can just sim all 12 if you don't care about having a sandbox mode.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m