Time for a new raid?

Prev1
ssj4tim
135 posts Member
I know they just released a bunch of new content in the Geo TB and GAC, but if we actually think about it, is it a "bunch" of content? So far the experiences have been positive, despite how hard Geo TB is, it is actually pretty fun imo. The problem? Twice a month. GAC is fun too, though some of the feats are a little blah, like needing clone ships out and winning fleet arena. But aside from that the overall experience was good. Problem? Phases take a while and there isn't actually a lot to do in it.

I personally think we need a new raid. Now I'm sure there are people out here saying, "now wait a minute, lots of guilds don't even have HSTR on farm status, why would we need a new one?" To which I say because of the downtime in this game. Even guilds that aren't on hstr and are stuck on tier 6 are clearing it long before earning the tickets to launch again even with full raid tickets earned daily. Pit is now simmable, and Haat goes down so quick it is not very time consuming.

The solution? A new raid would offer something extra to do on a more consistent rate, new tiers to beat and things to accomplish. Would be able to offer some of the newer gear and stuff to help people advance. Finally, I think it should be against LS opponents. All the other raids are against DS opponents, it is time we beat up some LS people, maybe some clones since we are doing clone stuff.

Replies

• Options
    With the introduction of clone wars era capital ships they should have either a battle over Naboo or over Coruscant ship raid.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    No. Time for level cap increase and sim tank
  • BamWrath
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Add more levels to light/dark/cantina battles. That would also give us more to do and more places to farm.
  • Enzo81
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I completely agree. There needs to be more content created as there is to much downtime throughout the week. I do enjoy that they increased the gear cap, maybe now they can also do the same for the level cap. Maybe even have a ship raid or add more content there.
  • Options
    I will wait for a raid. There’s too much to farm as of now. After a few months of geo ls tb then we can get ready for a hybrid raid.
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    The next raid will probably be from the sequels. We have one from the Old Republic era, one from the prequel era, and one from the original trilogy. Makes sense with the new movie coming out
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Options
    They are working on the next raid. They said it took them a year to develop the sith raid, so who knows when this one will be completed

EDIT: Re-Reading the dev comment, it seems like they are playing with the idea of the next raid and haven't started working on it yet
  • Options
    Emguy wrote: »
    The next raid will probably be from the sequels. We have one from the Old Republic era, one from the prequel era, and one from the original trilogy. Makes sense with the new movie coming out

You know Rose will be key for any sequel raid....
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    It's been time for a new raid for a while. All the babysitting of HSTR to keep pretending it was worthy of being called "endgame" was pretty laughable. I'm guessing we won't see it until well into 2020 though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    What happened to the item in weekly shipments to purchase with Ally tokens?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Galanthus wrote: »

You have to beat the new raid to unlock it again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    I know they just released a bunch of new content in the Geo TB and GAC, but if we actually think about it, is it a "bunch" of content? So far the experiences have been positive, despite how hard Geo TB is, it is actually pretty fun imo. The problem? Twice a month. GAC is fun too, though some of the feats are a little blah, like needing clone ships out and winning fleet arena. But aside from that the overall experience was good. Problem? Phases take a while and there isn't actually a lot to do in it.

I personally think we need a new raid. Now I'm sure there are people out here saying, "now wait a minute, lots of guilds don't even have HSTR on farm status, why would we need a new one?" To which I say because of the downtime in this game. Even guilds that aren't on hstr and are stuck on tier 6 are clearing it long before earning the tickets to launch again even with full raid tickets earned daily. Pit is now simmable, and Haat goes down so quick it is not very time consuming.

The solution? A new raid would offer something extra to do on a more consistent rate, new tiers to beat and things to accomplish. Would be able to offer some of the newer gear and stuff to help people advance. Finally, I think it should be against LS opponents. All the other raids are against DS opponents, it is time we beat up some LS people, maybe some clones since we are doing clone stuff.

I wouldn't call any of the recent content new. Reskinned reworked rehashed recycled sure. New definitely not. How many palette swap arena and tb do we really need? Not to forget all the characters with blasters and or grenades that do exactly the same thing, or the same ships over and over with a different pilot or color. NEW NO NOT AT ALL. stop it I say.
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Options
    ssj4tim wrote: »

I dunno if it's quite time really, . . . But if they did drop another raid based on your LS suggestion the old republic Jedi Celeste Mourne would be one hell of a challenge to put together
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

Ship raid, attacking the First Order Dreadnaught. I would be all about that.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I wouldn’t expect another raid for 6 months to a year, when they’re ready to release G13 pieces (potentially along with a new level cap). That would give them enough time to release a capital ship each for Separatists, first order and Resistance, allowing a LS and DS capital from each trilogy, and giving you enough ships to feasibly do a ship raid, or a combo ship/character raid. Personally, I’d like to see an Endor raid, with phases for fighting the enemy fleet, shutting down the shield generator and flying in to destroy the core.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

So..then yes, they took it away.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

So..then yes, they took it away.

I think you missed my point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options

You know Rose will be key for any sequel raid....

Or just needed for the next version of Rey ;) With Holdo too
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lol got my holdo to 7 star
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Still want my Geonosian raid that takes place in the Petranaki Arena. First phase is fighting an aklay. Second phase a reek. Third phase a nexu. Fourth and final phase would be all the previous animals plus Geonosians on orrays. I did recommend Padme shards but since we got her now I guess we could get a new Jedi that fought in the battle that followed.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • xxxMANDALORExxx
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Ship Raid ideas:
    ▪ Destroy Deathstar:
    Phase 1: Face several empire ships
    and defeat Tarkin.
    Phase 2: Destroy DS defenses: Ion
    cannon, turrets, shield generator
    Phase 3: Inside of DS face empire
    ships and destroy center energy
    core.
    Phase 4: Face Emperor Shuttle, Darth
    Vader Tie Bomber and elite fleet.
    END: Escape sequence and DS
    explosion.
    ▪ Battle over Naboo

New events
    ▪ Kill the gungans - Only Separatists; similar to the empure vs ewoks event
    ▪ Order 66 - Anakin + clones vs jedi-waves
    ▪ Kashyyk defense - Wookies vs Separatist/CIS
    ▪ Jawas? Can they receive some love?

New territory war:
    ▪ Battle for Endor
  • Options
    No, i don’t want a new raid
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Ship raid, attacking the First Order Dreadnaught. I would be all about that.

Well raids are long drawn out battles, so that makes sense.
  • Options
    I feel with all the possible big ship battles that happen in star wars in general the could add a whole new guild tree for ship raids. I would love to see some death star battles and dreadnaught battles. Seems though that it would take a while to code and may still be too much for a handheld system to handle. I do hope they add more stuff as its kinda just log on do daily log off not much content. Not that i dont like current content.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Shouldn't we get haat sim and a new mythic difficulty on the raids? 👀
    Maybe add all the new gear as exclusive rewards for mythic, maybe reduce the dumb kryotech choke point a lil bit.
  • Options
    A million times no,new raid will require g14 and 100 level if they release anything new.I would be all for it if they actually made things easier for ppl to complete old content.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    A million times no,new raid will require g14 and 100 level if they release anything new.I would be all for it if they actually made things easier for ppl to complete old content.

They've discussed wanting to add mythic tier raids tho, there's been no mention of beyond g12 finishers or higher levels so far. That's why I said way I did
  • Options
    The comments about “nothing to do” —->there seems to be LOTS to do for a collection style game —> I do wonder if these kind of comments come from Console gamers or Older MMO players who like their life to be swallowed ;)
    —> I’m an ex-MMO player: Star Wars Galaxies, EQ2, Matrix Online, Vanguard, Rift etc

I saw the light and switched over to app based games that I can enjoy and play intermittently :)
    As a result I’ve not been divorced, have lost 4 stone in weight and am not looking back!

So yes a new Raid would be nice but maybe once HAAT is simable!!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    More fleet battles need to be release. 6-9 and that way we have more places to farm needed gear and everything else. Fleet table hasn’t had anything new since it launched 1-5