Clarification on T3-M4’s unavoidable Target Lock

DrMorpheus
113 posts Member
edited July 2019
What are the mechanics for evading a debuff? I’ve seen plenty of buffs be resisted, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a debuff evaded unless it was an attack that was supposed to apply one that was evaded. But T3’s unique isn’t an attack, so does that mean the target lock will still be applied even if the enemy has high tenacity?

Replies

• Thraesh
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Can't be evaded is pretty self explanatory. He has a 75% to inflict this debuff. Meaning it will apply despite any means you might have to counter it if it goes off
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thraesh wrote: »
    Can't be evaded is pretty self explanatory. He has a 75% to inflict this debuff. Meaning it will apply despite any means you might have to counter it if it goes off

Wrong, it can still be resisted. It just can't be evaded with Foresight.

Edit: The "Can't be evaded" information for a debuff not being applied by attacks but at the start of the units turn is absolutely useless, it has no meaning anywhere in the game.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The steps for an attack:
    1 - does the attack hit (this is where evasion comes into play)
    2 - does the ability produce the effect (if no % listed then it will always proc)
    3 - potency/tenacity check (this is where cannot be resisted plays a role)
    Attacks that cant be evaded always pass 1, then you are subject to the % for step 2, and finally the potency/tenacity check.

The debuff isnt evaded, the attack is, debuffs by themselves can only be resisted.

When a non attack with a debuff is used and it states cant be evaded, then it will always pass step 1, then run through step 2 and 3. Yes it can be resisted or not produce the effect (if less than 100% is listed for the debuff).
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Yeah unavoidable debuffs not applied by attacks does seem weird