TW Expand Zones

I think those guilds with 220 million and up would be a good idea to open up the battlefield to maybe two more zones.

This allows us to use more of our roster and also come up with new counters instead of the 4-6 teams now that are usually on defense. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    Ummmm...Nope! Thank you!
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I say why not!
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t know about two more zones. But maybe 30 teams per zone.

That would still be 40 more hero battles and 10 more fleet battles. So the same 50 but not need to unlock another zone.

I still think the old 35 is too much.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    TW needs something, but that ain't it
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I have a feeling we'll see a new TW map we can choose to use with better rewards in future. Can't help myself, sounds familiar.. 🤔
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    The deeper the better IMO. I’d vote to double it to 50 characters per territory.
  • Options
    I mean right now it’s the same teams with the same counters. Adding more will allow us to come up with new counters to teams we don’t face often.
  • Wxrlock
    55 posts Member
    Options
    No thanks. It's bad enough as it is... No need to make it worse because guilds have more GP.
  • Options
    I think those guilds with 220 million and up would be a good idea to open up the battlefield to maybe two more zones.

This allows us to use more of our roster and also come up with new counters instead of the 4-6 teams now that are usually on defense. What do you guys think?

Here's a simple solution: CG could just ban common characters. That would require guilds to be more creative about creating defensive teams.

I know it sounds unpopular but CG could leave it up to the community to determine which characters get the ban.

Seriously though: I would like to see the TW map change frequently but that doesn't address the OPs concern unless it scales up for higher GP guilds. In the end, increasing defenses per territory or adding zones will shift competitive balance and favor some guilds over others (focused vs spread-out GP). It's probably best to leave it as-is or provide month's of warning before making changes.

I still think TW bonuses are the best way to add variety, if they work as stated/intended.
  • Options
    I could go for bigger TWs. At 180mil GP we are full clearing more often than not, and a lot of our guild members never get to attack.
  • Options
    I mean right now it’s the same teams with the same counters. Adding more will allow us to come up with new counters to teams we don’t face often.

@AndySCovell - I don’t agree with bigger zones, but I do see your point re: same teams, same counters.

Lately, the only excitement about TW for me has been discovering where they enemy have placed their NS, BH etc teams. Most defence setups are identical these days.

Quick question, since I know your GP dwarfs mine (a measly 4.7M)...

How many dropped bonuses do your guild tend to rack up during a TW? Lowest we’ve ever had is 16, which our enemy exceeded in clearing one zone, but I’m interested to know how good the big boys are.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I was really looking forward to 3v3 TW
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Could have 2x forced factions per zone with 1 or 2 mixed.
  • Options

@AndySCovell - I don’t agree with bigger zones, but I do see your point re: same teams, same counters.

Lately, the only excitement about TW for me has been discovering where they enemy have placed their NS, BH etc teams. Most defence setups are identical these days.

How many dropped bonuses do your guild tend to rack up during a TW? Lowest we’ve ever had is 16, which our enemy exceeded in clearing one zone, but I’m interested to know how good the big boys are.

What do you mean dropped bonus’s?
  • Options
    All I am saying is more of our toons should be used is all when your GP gets high.

How they do that I have no clue the best route. But you guys had a lot of great advice so far.
  • Options

Here's a simple solution: CG could just ban common characters. That would require guilds to be more creative about creating defensive teams.

I know it sounds unpopular but CG could leave it up to the community to determine which characters get the ban.

Seriously though: I would like to see the TW map change frequently but that doesn't address the OPs concern unless it scales up for higher GP guilds. In the end, increasing defenses per territory or adding zones will shift competitive balance and favor some guilds over others (focused vs spread-out GP). It's probably best to leave it as-is or provide month's of warning before making changes.

I still think TW bonuses are the best way to add variety, if they work as stated/intended.

I was happy with the bonuses they gave but banning any toons is what they did before and there was a riot on that. I would suggest no banning but many players have so much leftover roster it’s crazy!
  • Options

What do you mean dropped bonus’s?
    @AndySCovell
    Any battle won on second attempt = 1 dropped bonus, ie 5 less banners than if you’d won first time.

Any battle won on 3rd (or higher) attempt = 2 dropped bonuses, ie 10 less banners than if you’d won first time.

We’ve won almost all of our last 20 TWs, including last 10 in a row. Battle efficiency is one of the reasons.

Just wondered if you big boys kept track of that stuff.
  • Options
    We do it just depends on what we go against. I don’t have any numbers as someone else handles that but we do pretty well.
  • Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Id be for faction limits on defense. Only so many sith toons or so many rebels and so forth. Once your guild is out of faction toons you can't place any more
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Since they said tw is the sandbox, they should add way more zones, with fewer teams in each so ppl have to choose between filling defense or more offense, and add "terrain bonuses" for certain teams, some 3v3 zones, some 6v6 zones and some placement restrictions (like no Sith in 3v3 zones) to make it more interesting.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    TW map needs a tune up, the max rewards and defenses are based on 160m Gp...

Bonuses are not the answer, expanding zones or imo preferably increasing the number of defenses set in each zone. Also, the rewards could use some love too.
  • Options
    It helps against those with lack of depth and makes it more challenging for sure.
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    Options
    I would love to see something done to freshen up TW. I like bonuses, even supported the Banned Toons one. But wouldn't want that to come back. I was sad to see the Bonuses get dropped. i thought they were a good opportunity for guilds to use older factions and it also added some unpredictability to the battles. With the way GP has grown since the mode was introduced more teams per zone or more zones would help the larger guilds.
    Improving the rewards would help get more people involved/excited for the mode.
  • Options
    yohann269 wrote: »
    I would love to see something done to freshen up TW. I like bonuses, even supported the Banned Toons one. But wouldn't want that to come back. I was sad to see the Bonuses get dropped. i thought they were a good opportunity for guilds to use older factions and it also added some unpredictability to the battles. With the way GP has grown since the mode was introduced more teams per zone or more zones would help the larger guilds.
    Improving the rewards would help get more people involved/excited for the mode.

💯