Matchmaking - comment needed

Prev134
slickdealer
1801 posts Member
edited July 2019
2sw364nl9s2o.png

How is having 100 fewer G12 and 20 fewer zetas working as intended?

This is no reason why this couldn’t be fixed from the last GAC.

Matchmaking on top 80 alone is monumentally ridiculous.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Hope you got a big mod advantage lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    You've earned more lifetime points, so could it be you're better somehow?
  • Kilker
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Just 1 shot all your opponents teams and you’ll be ok. Sarcasm. Obviously this matchmaking is just as flawed as the previous version based on pure gp. How bout we compare all characters on a roster over a certain power threshold based on your division.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    7 v. 1 on g13 would seem to suggest that "top 80 GP" doesn't weigh g13 very heavily...if at all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Really though, he has his opponent beat in nearly every GA stat... maybe it's not so far off
  • Options
    Kilker wrote: »
    Just 1 shot all your opponents teams and you’ll be ok. Sarcasm. Obviously this matchmaking is just as flawed as the previous version based on pure gp. How bout we compare all characters on a roster over a certain power threshold based on your division.

They need to split the difference.

Rather than matchmaking on 170 or 80, matchmake on 125.

There is zero point to running GAC with this algorithm.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Really though, he has his opponent beat in nearly every GA stat... maybe it's not so far off

Those stats are from the last round. I'm not understanding how they are even slightly relevant to the current match-up - or why you think they would be factored in at all?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Let's be honest. CG is not going to come here (or even the mighty. Reddit) and say "The good news is that the algorithm is working, the bad news is that we realized it's based on bad numbers that don't really make the" close matches" we were aiming for. "

More than likely, we'll get some heavy spin like, "We'll be looking at the match-up data and might be tweaking it after this GAC has run its course."

So they'll fix it 5-6 weeks from now....which will be sometime in....oh Lord.

• Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options
    There is zero point to running GAC with this algorithm.

I agree on that. It doesn’t even need an algorithm. Just match players within the same division randomly. That’s the only way to get the global leaderboard fairer

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    This has to change. I am against a pool of players with 400k-600k more GP than I.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    My opponent has over 800k more GP than me! Totally unfair!!!!!

u5pm0x9llsh4.png

He has no chance. :p

ip22afu4hw86.png

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    3o2affz4f31j.png
    dj6zzevhg2a2.png

Based on top 50 characters we are close but we need 60 since I am in div 4. He ishas in div 3, has 700k more character gp as well as 3po, padme, traya etc

Now I wouldn't mind if I was facing this guy in week 3 or 4 but my first week is exactly like this with all 7 opponents. If I manage to beat 3.5mil to 4mil accounts with my 2.5mil account I deserve more then just getting a 5 mil account in the second week.

They just need to make sure the match making is based on the amount of characters needed for the higher division. So div 3 need 80, so make sure if your matching them with div 4, make sure the top 80 are close in go not the other way round.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Well, OP, considering you and your opponent are within 100k GP top 60 toon power, you clearly have something to swing around of relevance.
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    This has to change. I am against a pool of players with 400k-600k more GP than I.
    We just had months of learning why pure GP is a poor indicator of the quality of a matchup. That they're half a million GP more than you means little; it's how that's distributed that matters.
    Still not a he.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    New rule: come and complain after the GA, not before. You can't possibly say with certainty whether it's unfair or not until you've actually fought them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    2sw364nl9s2o.png

Almost same 'relevant GP'. Working as it was announced.

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    2sw364nl9s2o.png

Lol that's not relevant with 100 more g12. It also means that they have probably been around longer so could have got padme and c3po first time around as well as have traya since they've been doing heroic sith raid for longer
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Have the same issue.
    G13: 1 mine vs. 9 his
    Malaks: 0 mine vs. g13 his
    G12: 80 mine vs. 100 his.
    He even has Shaak Ti.
    What the hell?
  • CamaroAMF
    1285 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    7 v. 1 on g13 would seem to suggest that "top 80 GP" doesn't weigh g13 very heavily...if at all.

The difference between G12+5 and G13 is 210 GP. GP is a useless stat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    2sw364nl9s2o.png

"relevant GP" is what exactly though? An assumption made by the DSR bot makers of what GP counts towards matchmaking?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It’s been tested - double the number of toons you’re setting on defence. You and your 8 bracket opponents will have very similar figures for this.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Have the same issue.
    G13: 1 mine vs. 9 his
    Malaks: 0 mine vs. g13 his
    G12: 80 mine vs. 100 his.
    He even has Shaak Ti.
    What the hell?

Everyone had the chance to do the marquee. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    2sw364nl9s2o.png

"relevant GP" is what exactly though? An assumption made by the DSR bot makers of what GP counts towards matchmaking?

Let us know if you manage to come across a sample that doesn't fit with that assumption. There's also this where you can try out different assumptions. The assumption comes from the ingame notice as you know. What it means is somewhat vague, yet almost all such samples fit with all the MM I've seen so far.

https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    2sw364nl9s2o.png

Let us know if you manage to come across a sample that doesn't fit with that assumption. There's also this where you can try out different assumptions. The assumption comes from the ingame notice as you know. What it means is somewhat vague, yet almost all such samples fit with all the MM I've seen so far.

It seems unlikely that the top 80 toons of a player with less than 80 G12's and less g13, g12 pieces and zetas than his opponent has roughly the same GP as the top80 of his opponent.
    I can't base any definite conclusions on the printscreen posted by the OP because his top80 could be 1.649.999GP while his opponent's is 1.650.001 and it would be displayed as 1.6 vs 1.7.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    2sw364nl9s2o.png

It seems unlikely that the top 80 toons of a player with less than 80 G12's and less g13, g12 pieces and zetas than his opponent has roughly the same GP as the top80 of his opponent.
    I can't base any definite conclusions on the printscreen posted by the OP because his top80 could be 1.649.999GP while his opponent's is 1.650.001 and it would be displayed as 1.6 vs 1.7.

I guess you're right. Merely the amount of g12+ difference should inflate top80 on one side at least a bit.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Saada wrote: »
    2sw364nl9s2o.png

Lol that's not relevant with 100 more g12.

Yet it's working as announced.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I find it hard to trust other people on this forum since most clearly have an agenda and are willing to sway the truth at least a little to make their argument more compelling.
    Unfortunately i can't test it for myself because my matchups have all been pretty close since the new matchmaking.
  • Options
    It’s been tested - double the number of toons you’re setting on defence. You and your 8 bracket opponents will have very similar figures for this.

Yes this has been mentioned multiple times in the thread.

This completely ignores the flexibility advantage the higher GP player has with having every counter readily available.

This completely ignores the flexibility of utilizing multiple teams to take down a stronger defense.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    2sw364nl9s2o.png

I believe it was the words used by CG in one of their official announcements.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    I find it hard to trust other people on this forum since most clearly have an agenda and are willing to sway the truth at least a little to make their argument more compelling.
    Unfortunately i can't test it for myself because my matchups have all been pretty close since the new matchmaking.

@leef what's your agenda with this post?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH