so you have to be jar jar to beat 7*yoda?

Kosar
84 posts Member
TL;DR
Yoda should have been a reward, not a punishment.
Stumbling around like Jar Jar hoping to get enough dodges is is not my idea of a game/challenge.
I'm only venting because of what a colossal waste of time this turned out to be upon completion

I'm sure all of these have been stated in various places, but...

the design of this is ridiculous. what's worse is coming here and seeing a large number of posts that say "put Lumi/Ahsoka in lead and go in about 100 times and eventually you will get lucky enough to win.

i guess it's true what they say, jar jar is the key to everything if the overriding strategy is hoping to trip, stumbled, and accidentally dodge your way to a win. i know it's supposed to be a challenge to become a jedi, but no jedi accidentally became one. the work should have been 99% the 2 months farming to even have 5 jedi to do the battle, not spending hours loading in and out hoping for the right combination of adds and not having him focus down a character on his opening moves. i've been on the side that wanted a more challenging set of fights, but the only challenge in this is winning the lotto. that's not what anyone looking for a challenge meant by making tougher content.

(not to mention, why does he even have adds? why does the great and powerful yoda even need help? he's already attacking multiple times, then throw in the (albeit slow) extra attacks and it's just insulting.)

you can't eliminate turns from a turn based game. 2-5 turns by yoda with no ways to heal or counter is the complete opposite to the entire structure of turn based games. to have him take 5 attacks and focus down characters is even worse. even on the off chance the character he repeatedly attacks manages to live with 5% hp, you're now stuck wasting group heals on one character. if you save the heals and lose a character, this only speeds up the number of attacks in a row that yoda makes.

this is poor design and poor rewards after the vast majority of people had to sacrifice between 20% and 100% of their resources that could have gone to other characters that are more viable in the entire rest of the game. it bodes extremely poorly for what is in store for any other group/faction/unit/race battles in the future.

i realize that im-gun-di is clearly the way to "easily" (if it is easier) to counter his attacks with his leader ability and thus add more attacks for yourself. but before farming for him, mine was 4* 32/65. It took 4 weeks to get the other 33 shards to get to 5*. At that rate, it would take another 8-12 weeks to get him to 7*. (for the record in the same time I got twice as many Rey shards that we all know are a bugger to farm.) IGD was the only one incredibly that far behind my other jedi when the last event ended, so I sacrificed more rewards to get Eeth. (huge mistake obviously.) there are other things i'd like to do in this game than be only farming 1 guy for 4-5 months total, especially when in comparison Rey will be done for me from 0-7* in 3 months and IGD was already at 4. that's in no way a balanced system.

Replies

• Skitha81
    85 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Man I jus finish 7 star Yoda, It was some bull **** I've been playing it everyday....only way I can beat him was 3 healers, lucky dodges, and concentrate all my attacks on him from the get go. Basically what I'm saying is a 3 healers is necessary for most of us. Less than that needs extreme luck.
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Healers and Jedi who can debuff him help tremendously.
  • Reggie
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Keep restarting until his allies are Barris and someone else. Then take out the other ally first. Then Barris until she heals, taking out a huge chunk of his life.

I used Barris (L), lumi, Ashoka, JC and qgj. Was a pain but beatable.

• Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Strange. I finished 7* Yoda this night, didn't experience any problems. Plain vanilla team of Bariss (L), Lum, JC, Eeth Koth and QGJ, just spent a few tries. clearly it can be anyone instead of Eeth Koth in the team - I didn't upgrade his abilities beyond lvl 3, so damage output of Eeth was low, while his health is by default rather low. There was no Bariss in the Yoda team, either.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Strange. I finished 7* Yoda this night, didn't experience any problems. Plain vanilla team of Bariss (L), Lum, JC, Eeth Koth and QGJ, just spent a few tries. clearly it can be anyone instead of Eeth Koth in the team - I didn't upgrade his abilities beyond lvl 3, so damage output of Eeth was low, while his health is by default rather low. There was no Bariss in the Yoda team, either.
    This gives me hope. I'm going for 7* in the next event with the exact squad. Eeths abilities are a bit higher also because I have a lot of droid teams in my server so I use him in that matches. Hopefully I get some luck and it won't need 100 tries or more
  • TSiTaS
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »

I did yoda in 2nd try with exact same team. Full geared and leveled all 5 toons. Eeth koth has only his basic ability at lvl6, rest jedi was almost full.
  • Dtm316
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah I'm at the point of giving up. Don't know how many games I've played now, just lost count, closest I've come is to kill the 2 allies and get yoda into yellow, then he just went on a little green ninja spree and killed my 4 remaining toons. I know that I've lost 1 toon before I've even made a dent in yoda's health more times than I've actually come close to beating this.
    As far as I'm concerned it's terrible programming and pure greed, trying to tempt players to get 7* and maxed jedi only for them to get decimated isn't a reward it's a punishment and a slap in the fact to all the players that have invested time and money into this game.
  • DrMage
    43 posts Member
    Options
    I'm trying to do him with Barriss, Lumi, JC, Ahsoka and Koth with different leaders. All toons are 7* 8 gear lvl70, mostly with 6-7 skills. Its nearly impossible, guys!! Maybe focusing on farming Ahsoka instead QGJ was my big fault... I see most people saying they've finished him have QGJ in their team. Of course, Gun Di also could be extremely useful, but his grind is very slow... Possibly, QGJ is a key to victory...
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The OP is such a sissy. If you get ruin by Yoda its just that your team isnt FULL. With lv 6 or 7 skill and last gear with a Bariss (L) its extremely easy, in fact i even thought it had been easier than the 1st time the event was release since i did it first try.
    So there is no need for luck, dodge or doing it more than 100 time. Just grind, patience, and a full skills / gear 7* jedi team.
    Now stop whinning and go farming.

@DTM316 : thats where your problem lies : you focus the 2 allies instead of BASHING yoda's head. Now try again and say thanks once you are done with it. (of course if he has a heal with heal kill him first but ignore any "dammage allies".)
  • Options
    Dayma wrote: »
    The OP is such a sissy. If you get ruin by Yoda its just that your team isnt FULL. With lv 6 or 7 skill and last gear with a Bariss (L) its extremely easy, in fact i even thought it had been easier than the 1st time the event was release since i did it first try.
    So there is no need for luck, dodge or doing it more than 100 time. Just grind, patience, and a full skills / gear 7* jedi team.

@DTM316 : thats where your problem lies : you focus the 2 allies instead of BASHING yoda's head. Now try again and say thanks once you are done with it. (of course if he has a heal with heal kill him first but ignore any "dammage allies".)

How ignorant and arrogant can you be? Beating yoda second try puts you in the extreme minority. A lot of people including myself are in the same boat as the op and feel exactly the same way.
    Stop whining?
    Stop being an arrogant tw*t because you got lucky.
  • Options
    Dayma wrote: »

Oh trust me I've tried that as well, if I target yoda first I'm lucky if I even get him close to red, he just hits and gets evade, so my next strike doesn't affect him, then he hits another 3 times and gets evade, I manage to hit him once, so he hits again and gets evade. I think you can see the pattern here! Tried all the tactics about not using status effects on him, closest I came was with the barriss trick, that got him to red and just caused him to go mental and on a 10 hit streak that took out my entire team.