Uncertain of Next Steps

Hi all,

I've just picked up JKR and I'm finding myself at a bit of a loss as to where to next focus my resources and energy.

My swgoh.gg

Currently, I am finishing off STHan and Leia with arena tokens. In cantina, I want to finish up OG Kylo before moving on, and the tokens are going toward shard shop currency. Hard nodes are where my biggest toss-up. Too many projects.

Ideas moving forward:
- Farm Qi'ra/L3/Vandor and gear Mission/Zaalbar
- Farm Jango/Bossk and gear BH
- Begin Drevan farm
- Farm FOST/FOTFP/SFTP and gear FO

The only thing that is concrete is that I need to finish gearing and starring the characters for CLS so that they're ready the next time he comes around. I will be between Ackbar, IG88, and HK47 after finishing my current arena farm.

I'm trying to stick to teams where I already have some or most of the components in place and get my roster more focused. I figure my arena team will be more or less static for the foreseeable future so I'd like to prioritize, in order of importance: GAC, Raid Teams, Fleet, everything else.

Thanks for reading. All input is welcome

Replies

• 21_Savage_Opress
    23 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Well first off nice one getting JKR at under 1 mil, if I were in your position I’d focus on Darth Revan unlock as my main priority ie, simming for the characters and gearing them first, then where you have the available resources farm for other legendary characters like CSL, Chewbacca, C3po etc but only on the back burner.

However looking at your roster you’re starting from scratch, if your ships are strong enough to start farming carth then go hard on the 5 characters for darth revan, if not, finish your CSL team as you’re quite close whilst farming to upgrade your ships.

Hope this helps, anything else just ask.
  • Options
    If you are working on finishing Leia and Stormtrooper Han, the next step is CLS. While he’s no longer meta, he remains a very very strong character. To get him you do need R2, which I see is at 5 star. You might be able to get him to 7 star next time his event around.

Then after CLS, get Chewbacca
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like he’s already done for commander luke. Anyways I think scoundrels are a worthy investment. And you can slap your mission zalbar and storm Han on the team. Then you just need quira and vandor.
  • Options
    Appreciate the feedback, everyone. I think you're basically all right.

Since I am so close to CLS, I am going to finish that. Thankfully that's not mutually exclusive to really anything else mentioned. Carth is really the only fleet farm for me right now until I work my way through stage 4 hard nodes so he'll be worked on regardless. Not interested in anything else that I can't get elsewhere. I'll make HK my first priority after Han and Leia. By my calculation, I get enough free energy to farm BSF, Jango, Bossk, and Vandor. One refresh and I can include Juhani on that list. Cantina farms go fast enough that I don't think I need to choose between Qi'ra and Canderous.

I think what will make the most impact short-term is focusing on the scoundrel team with my Drevan and BH farms going in the background. I hadn't considered Han instead of L3, that makes life easier.

That is a little more spread out than I wanted to go, but it makes sense, and it mostly bolsters teams that I've already invested into/makes use of characters that are getting left on the bench.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    My general rule is that if you aren't sure what to go for, pick a legendary/hero you don't have and farm towards that. Or if that's too high of an ask, find a faction where you only have 1 or 2 good characters and build out the rest of a 5-man team for them. This has the side benefit of usually unlocking something somewhere - an assault battle, a TB node, whatever.

Revan-fever has people overlooking JTR a lot these days, but I think she's still well worth acquiring. JTR resistance is still a phenomenal offensive team, and she absolutely crushes raids. She's also still by far the best choice for Phase 1 of the Sith raid.

Regarding Qi'ra/smugglers - while I have the Prepared team at G12 and love them (as well as Lando's Falcon), it's worth noting that they do not currently unlock anything. You can use them in Smugglers Run, but it's possible to complete that event without them.

Lastly, if you do go for First Order, the pilots and Phasma are generally the ones to skip unless you want their ships. The best team for most scenarios is KRU/Kylo/Stormtrooper/Executioner/Officer.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    My general rule is that if you aren't sure what to go for, pick a legendary/hero you don't have and farm towards that. Or if that's too high of an ask, find a faction where you only have 1 or 2 good characters and build out the rest of a 5-man team for them. This has the side benefit of usually unlocking something somewhere - an assault battle, a TB node, whatever.

Revan-fever has people overlooking JTR a lot these days, but I think she's still well worth acquiring. JTR resistance is still a phenomenal offensive team, and she absolutely crushes raids. She's also still by far the best choice for Phase 1 of the Sith raid.

Regarding Qi'ra/smugglers - while I have the Prepared team at G12 and love them (as well as Lando's Falcon), it's worth noting that they do not currently unlock anything. You can use them in Smugglers Run, but it's possible to complete that event without them.

Lastly, if you do go for First Order, the pilots and Phasma are generally the ones to skip unless you want their ships. The best team for most scenarios is KRU/Kylo/Stormtrooper/Executioner/Officer.

I've got this horrible Phasma team that is currently useless in my roster. I am actually thinking about getting the zeta lead because that lead would transform the team into something useful for me. I don't either Kylo activated and won't in the near future
    http://swgoh.gg/squads/133059/
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

I've got this horrible Phasma team that is currently useless in my roster. I am actually thinking about getting the zeta lead because that lead would transform the team into something useful for me. I don't either Kylo activated and won't in the near future

Currently a waste of a zeta. I'm hoping for more First Order characters when Episode 9 hits so we can make 2 teams, but right now if you aren't running KRU lead they're bad, even with the zeta on Phasma.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Currently a waste of a zeta. I'm hoping for more First Order characters when Episode 9 hits so we can make 2 teams, but right now if you aren't running KRU lead they're bad, even with the zeta on Phasma.

I know, but right now I need that 90000 GP of my roster to go from useless to useful. I think the 20% assist chance to 60% assist chance and gaining advantage might be worth it in terms of GA gains for my roster. Unfortunately that is probably like 3-4 zeta away from happening. I just unlocked Brood Alpha and I pretty much have a Genosian team ready. I have at least 2 more zeta to put on my CLS team and my Bastilla is coming along quick.
  • Options
    I'd recommend going for Bossk and Jango. You'll get a solid team for all game modes, get chewy prep, and you'll be getting Hounds tooth with Jango
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely farm Jango and HT to 7*, as well as Bossk. Zeta Bossk lead once you get your BHs built up more. Also, find yourself a guild that has hAAT on farm if you haven't already, because GK is the glue that holds JKR teams together on defense.

I'd recommend making your next zeta either GMY if you want him getting bonus turns consistently, Hero if you need more team durability and damage (and you don't want JKR to get ability blocked or stunned), or Direct Focus if you need to really shut down your marked target.

I would finish FO next since you're very close to having them at a usable level (roughly G10+ for early TWs and GAs). Definitely would make zKRU, KR, FOST, FOO, FOX your main lineup. Zeta KRU's lead, get everyone up to G10 at least, and shelve them until you can spare more resources for them.

For BHs, zBossk, Jango, Boba, Dengar, and Cad Bane or Greedo as your fifth should make anything you need them for a cakewalk if you gear them up to G11 or 12.