"Championship" GA Needs to be elimination based.

Raptus
64 posts Member
edited July 2019
I've got two major issues here that I've noticed in these two sets. Keep in mind, this is GP bracket based, so RN we're talking 2.4GP (Me) and other people that fall in that range.. The most notable from my first set that actually did anything was 400k GP above me with weak teams that couldn't beat my 3 geared frontline squads. Now in this "2nd round" of a championship it's back to back autofilled squads that have been at least 160K GP above me.

1.) The amount of people that just sign up and do nothing is stupid high. This happened twice in the first set, now it just happened in this second set. This is a "championship" if you're doing this crap you should eliminated with no rewards at the start, as this will relate to my next point.

2.) The amount of people just signing up for rewards is ridiculously high and automatically filled squads can and will kill the persons chances at completing the feats you set before them. I for one setting defences in the hopes of getting an active player at level can't wipe 5 mixed squads sitting at 92-115k power of CLS, Boba, and Talzin Leads.

3.) As a side, the fleet arena quest is stupid as are most feats given how you create these matchups so far, I was sitting top 95 in a shard that's full of 350K+ teams, tried to drop my rank for three days now using a 36k squad and it's so inactive that I've lost a total of 13 freaking spots yet my Squad Arena is nothing but full of top700 at least Revan teams, I don't even have him and fight my **** off to stay top500 daily with my zPalp Revan counter team, even though I lose on defence.

If you join a "Championship" in the first round for rewards you deserve nothing, you don't even deserve to hit round two because this is ridiculous. I actually try and I work a varying schedule of nights, days, and periods of time of being MIA and still find a way to get SOMETHING done. The fact I'm constantly matched against people with a higher GP than I, that don't do anything at all is stupid. I can win the battle, I can't win simply because every single "Feat" is against me..
Well, hell I ain't no politician; kissing **** just ain't my style.

Replies

• Options
    I'm doing the feats fine, and I had an auto-deploy opponent. And sure, it's lame that people sign up for rewards only, but they won't be able to promote leagues as much as you will. So they won't ever receive the same rewards you do; the system is already set up to penalize players who are going for rewards-only.

Meanwhile, you will be promoting leagues, and therefore meeting active opponents. Sure, that may mean easier teams to beat, depending on your opponents' strategies. Or, you may meet even harder opponents because they put their best teams on defense, and now they're synergized.

You can't assume things would be easier if auto-deploy was off. You can't just say the feats are bad, because your experience with them isn't everyone's. And sure, people who don't do the work don't deserve the same rewards as you, but they aren't getting them either.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • haysswa1
    169 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I find it quite amusing and fun to go against no defense auto deployed squads.
    Yeah it stinks to maybe have to break up your synergistic squad just because they have a char in theirs that needs a particular counter normally used in a different squad. But look at this way, no synergy, sometimes no viable lead and they have really nothing good to use against you.
    The only feat I can think of you might have trouble getting is the undersized squad, that is, unless you put up a strong defense and don't have enough left to compensate. The rest should be doable. I don't know you're personal ranking but I'm in div 2 at a little over 4milgp and haven't had an issue with clearing the boards. Yeah I lose more matches than win but still clear.
    And like someone else stated, those that are just signing up for rewards are gonna get washed to the bottom anyways so you'll be getting better rewards than them regardless.
    I don't care for ga or gac personally and only participate because I need the rewards but I do set up junk defenses( with exception of 2 usually) so not to be a "knucklehead". Its a win win, my opponents may or may not get an easy win and get the other satisfaction they want and I get to play with my offensive toys, not really caring if I win or not. yay!
    All in all it wouldn't bother me one way or another if they did elimination. I'm not competitive nor do I care for the game mode just in it for the necessary rewards. Good luck and game on!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Getting a gift of so many ppl autodeploying should make up for the missed ships feat
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about feats. You've got time to complete them.

wjov8z1vuh5o.png
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    sometimes people forget to set defense or attack...that's life. but to penalize them because they are playing the game how they want is never gonna happen. just b happy u got that 'easy' win and move on. the feats on the otherhand are meant to separate those with highly focused rosters vs collectors and everything in between....remember only one can b #1 and it might not b u. personally i think it'll b someone who spends waaay too much time/energy/$...lol