Gear 12 Farming Changes

Cyanides
posts Member
edited July 2019
Hello Holotable Heroes,

In a prior post, I talked about how we were adding more acquisition sources of Gear 12. I alluded to some more changes that we wanted to make, and these changes are coming in our next update.

Before I go into the changes, I wanted to lay out the terminology that we use when talking about Gear 12 since we released Gear 12 pieces in blocks:
  • Old Gear 12 - The left 3 slots on a character at Gear 12
  • Gear 12+ - The right top and right middle slots on a character at Gear 12
  • Gear 12 Finisher - The bottom right slot on a character at Gear 12
We put together some more ways that we believe will help everyone complete Gear 12 quicker. There are a lot of changes going on below, and these changes are currently set to be temporary. Depending on how this helps the inflow of Gear 12 will determine which (if any) of the below changes we will keep.

Below is a list of the changes we are doing in our next update:

Shard Shop Changes
  • Added Gear 12+ to Shard Shop at 90 Shard Store Tokens per salvage
  • Reduced the Shard Store Tokens price of Old Gear 12 from 90 to 45 per salvage
  • Increased the quantity of Old Gear 12 salvage in Shard Shop

Old Gear 12 Crystal Cost
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Old Gear 12 salvage from 60 to 30
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Old Gear 12 prototypes from 1,200 to 600 and 1,800 to 900 respectively
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Old Gear 12 full pieces from 4,200 to 2,100

Gear 12+ Crystal Cost
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Gear 12+ salvage from 60 to 35 or 30 depending on the salvage
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Gear 12+ prototypes from 3,000 to 1,750 and 1,200 to 700 respectively
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Gear 12+ full pieces from 6,500 to 5,750 and 6,500 to 5,600 respectively
  • We added Gear 12+ to Shipments

Ship Energy and Fleet Battles Changes
  • Ship Energy now follows the refresh rate and crystal cost of regular Energy
    • Part of this is that we also normalized drop rates/values from normal nodes to account for the cheaper energy cost
  • We added Gear 12+ salvage to some normal Fleet Battles nodes
  • We removed the following pieces of gear from normal Fleet Battles nodes:
    • Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage
    • Mk 8 BioTech Implant Component
    • Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Component
    • Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage
    • Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage

We wanted to remove the above pieces of salvage from normal Fleet Battles nodes because we wanted to make a distinction in farming: Ship Energy is used for Gear 12+ and normal Energy is used for everything non-Gear 12+. This isn’t always true as there is still non-Gear 12+ on Fleet Battle nodes, but we felt that leaving the above pieces on normal Fleet Battle nodes would compete too much with Gear 12+ farming.

As stated earlier, all these changes are currently set to be temporary. We believe that these changes will help, but we’ll need to wait a bit and see if that is true or not.

-CG_Cyanides

<<MEGATHREAD>>
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on