Gear 12 Farming Changes [MEGA]

Prev1345
ShaolinPunk
3486 posts Moderator
Hello Holotable Heroes,

In a prior post, I talked about how we were adding more acquisition sources of Gear 12. I alluded to some more changes that we wanted to make, and these changes are coming in our next update.

Before I go into the changes, I wanted to lay out the terminology that we use when talking about Gear 12 since we released Gear 12 pieces in blocks:
  • Old Gear 12 - The left 3 slots on a character at Gear 12
  • Gear 12+ - The right top and right middle slots on a character at Gear 12
  • Gear 12 Finisher - The bottom right slot on a character at Gear 12
We put together some more ways that we believe will help everyone complete Gear 12 quicker. There are a lot of changes going on below, and these changes are currently set to be temporary. Depending on how this helps the inflow of Gear 12 will determine which (if any) of the below changes we will keep.

Below is a list of the changes we are doing in our next update:

Shard Shop Changes
  • Added Gear 12+ to Shard Shop at 90 Shard Store Tokens per salvage
  • Reduced the Shard Store Tokens price of Old Gear 12 from 90 to 45 per salvage
  • Increased the quantity of Old Gear 12 salvage in Shard Shop

Old Gear 12 Crystal Cost
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Old Gear 12 salvage from 60 to 30
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Old Gear 12 prototypes from 1,200 to 600 and 1,800 to 900 respectively
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Old Gear 12 full pieces from 4,200 to 2,100

Gear 12+ Crystal Cost
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Gear 12+ salvage from 60 to 35 or 30 depending on the salvage
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Gear 12+ prototypes from 3,000 to 1,750 and 1,200 to 700 respectively
  • Reduced the crystal cost of Gear 12+ full pieces from 6,500 to 5,750 and 6,500 to 5,600 respectively
  • We added Gear 12+ to Shipments

Ship Energy and Fleet Battles Changes
  • Ship Energy now follows the refresh rate and crystal cost of regular Energy
    • Part of this is that we also normalized drop rates/values from normal nodes to account for the cheaper energy cost
  • We added Gear 12+ salvage to some normal Fleet Battles nodes
  • We removed the following pieces of gear from normal Fleet Battles nodes:
    • Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage
    • Mk 8 BioTech Implant Component
    • Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Component
    • Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage
    • Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage

We wanted to remove the above pieces of salvage from normal Fleet Battles nodes because we wanted to make a distinction in farming: Ship Energy is used for Gear 12+ and normal Energy is used for everything non-Gear 12+. This isn’t always true as there is still non-Gear 12+ on Fleet Battle nodes, but we felt that leaving the above pieces on normal Fleet Battle nodes would compete too much with Gear 12+ farming.

As stated earlier, all these changes are currently set to be temporary. We believe that these changes will help, but we’ll need to wait a bit and see if that is true or not.

-CG_Cyanides

Original Post (LINK)
**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

Replies

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Reserved!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Love that shard shop change. Getting Medpacs from the shard shop was painful, especially when saving GET.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    It’s a superb change.

Sadly, the forum doom-and-gloomers will fixated on the removal of gear from normal fleet nodes.

Which is crazy.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Options
    Nice ! I hated the fact that g13 was only for sith raid guilds.. because I dont have it lol
  • Options
    (To be clear, it’s crazy that they’d moan about that given how amazing the rest of it is)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    This came right in time as everyone's stocks were draining from the initial g13s and it was about to slow down to a halt to fill all slots...which would also bludgeon experimenting of previously un-g12+ed stuff.
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Options
    I can see where they're going with this, makes sense. Easier/cheaper G12, G12+ pieces... Nice.
  • Options
    When does this take effect?
  • Options
    These changes are great but now g12 items are cheaper than stun guns. That is ridiculous
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    When does this take effect?
    The next update, which is currently scheduled for this week!
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm not sure the removal of the most needed gear in the game is a good thing. Anyone who applauds this particular piece of this change may not understand it's potential impact:
    We removed the following pieces of gear from normal Fleet Battles nodes:
    Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage
    Mk 8 BioTech Implant Component
    Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Component
    Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage
    Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage

I believe all these pieces are needed for g12 and g12+ as well.

P.S. Unless they are being replaced by the salvage that requires these pieces instead
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure the removal of the most needed gear in the game is a good thing. Anyone who applauds this particular piece of this change may not understand it's potential impact:

P.S. Unless they are being replaced by the salvage that requires these pieces instead

Yeah, but as an end game player, I'd rather have more nodes available to farm g12 and g12+ because those pieces (especially the g12+) are the bottleneck to getting toons to g13.

It makes the progress much easier in that respect.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options

Some. But the things that are used for other stuff have numerous other sources. The medpac in particular is not the Mk 6 which is one of the more limiting G12 components. A small portion of the playerbase might be down one stun gun source, but that's about it.
    Still not a he.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    KyloRey wrote: »

Yeah, but as an end game player, I'd rather have more nodes available to farm g12 and g12+ because those pieces (especially the g12+) are the bottleneck to getting toons to g13.

It makes the progress much easier in that respect.

Well that is the point just as an example take a look at Vader G12+ piece MK12 ArmaTek Stun Gun... it needs the MK5 Stun gun to create it... so they are limited our access to G12+ with this change....

Unless they are going to give us the ability to farm a MK12 ArmaTek Stun Gun salvage piece directly without first having to farm the MK5 stun gun (then I'm ok with it, but I doubt this is the plan).... this is just one example. There are examples for almost every piece in this removal list...

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I doubt anyone is specifically happy about that part of the change, but they may not care very much in relation to the other positive parts which they may consider to outweigh this. I, for example, have never farmed these gear pieces from fleet, so I see little loss for me personally, and a lot of gain from the other changes.
  • Options
    I think this will work if there isn’t an influx of toons on ship nodes. B1 and ani are taking hold of that rn. Also always scared when stun guns are taken away from a separate farming place.

I’m happy that they are communicating that this is to test it out and see. I’ll do just that.

Can also increase g12 gear in the sith raid.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    Question: With the reduction of prices on this gear, are the other gear prices in the store going to be adjusted as well?
  • Amoliski
    106 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Glad to hear that getting G12 pieces filled in is going to be easier...

...but I'd much prefer help with my endless stun gun backlog.
  • Beeblebrox
    424 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hello Holotable Heroes,
    [*] Gear 12+ - The right top and right middle slots on a character at Gear 12

[*] We removed the following pieces of gear from normal Fleet Battles nodes:
    • Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage
    • Mk 8 BioTech Implant Component
    • Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Component
    • Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage
    • Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage
    [/list]

We wanted to remove the above pieces of salvage from normal Fleet Battles nodes because we wanted to make a distinction in farming: Ship Energy is used for Gear 12+ and normal Energy is used for everything non-Gear 12+. This isn’t always true as there is still non-Gear 12+ on Fleet Battle nodes, but we felt that leaving the above pieces on normal Fleet Battle nodes would compete too much with Gear 12+ farming.

-CG_Cyanides

Except that Mk.3 Stun Cuffs, Mk.5 Stun Guns, & Mk.3 Carbs are ALL used in G12+ Pieces AND ARE IN VERY SHORT SUPPLY and cause a significant gear block for the majority of players!!!
    :s:(:|
  • Options
    Ship Energy now follows the refresh rate and crystal cost of regular Energy
    • Part of this is that we also normalized drop rates/values from normal nodes to account for the cheaper energy cost
    @ShaolinPunk Would you please elaborate on this and the current situation? Is there currently a document describing the actual drop rates (per X) for different energy types?
    I thought only Shards like Emperor's Shuttle special were given out on energy basis and the gear on nodes had fixed percentage for attempt.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I just came here to see if anyone complaining about making G13 easier to get and lowering crystal costs.

Tons. Mission accomplished.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not happy with the fleet change

I was using it as my primary source of stun guns and it looks like the bottleneck was reduced for a lot of people hence this change

First time they decided to reduce gear for a silly reason like “we don’t want you to farm gear from this place”

Will you guys play my game for me too???

This is such a ridiculous reason to remove gear
  • Options
    zeratul021 wrote: »
    @ShaolinPunk Would you please elaborate on this and the current situation? Is there currently a document describing the actual drop rates (per X) for different energy types?
    I thought only Shards like Emperor's Shuttle special were given out on energy basis and the gear on nodes had fixed percentage for attempt.

I'm pretty sure this is a PC way of saying they will be reducing the drop rates, but that is just my $.02

• Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    It’s a superb change.

Sadly, the forum doom-and-gloomers will fixated on the removal of gear from normal fleet nodes.

Which is crazy.
    Not really. They could've kept things as is and introduced more gear to the nodes... You know, like they've been doing for the past 3 years

Making gear farmable doesn't make it superb. Give and take is not superb

Raid gear is still not farmable anywhere which is LONG overdue
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    ShaolinPunk Would you please elaborate on this and the current situation? Is there currently a document describing the actual drop rates (per X) for different energy types?

ShaolinPunk is a volunteer moderator, not a Dev.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure this is a PC way of saying they will be reducing the drop rates, but that is just my $.02

Anecdotal evidence (granted it's anecdotal) pegged the rate at higher than the 20% on the normal energy nodes, so it seems they are reducing the fleet node gear rate to the same 20%.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    perhaps it is also time to evaluate the daily challenges. i think i don't have to list, how many thousands from certain pieces i have...
  • Options

What they're saying is that fleet normal nodes currently have a higher fixed percentage than normal energy ls/ds nodes, because the energy is at cantina rates, and they're going to reduce the fleet ones to the ls/ds rates because they're reducing the cost.