Don't remove the MK-V stun gun salvage from normal fleet nodes

Prev13
The amount of these gear pieces needed is astronomical please don't remove one of the access points to this gear.
We removed the following pieces of gear from normal Fleet Battles nodes:
Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage
Mk 8 BioTech Implant Component
Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Component
Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage
Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage

I'm very concerned with this change.

Replies

• Options
    Is anyone actually using fleet energy to farm these things?
  • Options

I am.... at least 100 ship energy a day goes to farming these from Normal Fleet nodes.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

I am.... at least 100 ship energy a day goes to farming these from Normal Fleet nodes.

How does that provide good value unless you are doing the hard nodes for toons/ships?
  • Options
    Also Just as an example the mk12 Armatek stun gun (mk12+) needs the stun gun gear so removing it from fleets makes no sense... It seems like one more way to strangle gear advancement
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

How does that provide good value unless you are doing the hard nodes for toons/ships?

The only toon or ship I'm still farming from the fleet nodes is B1, when B1 is complete I'll switch to Anakin's ship (the rest I have or don't want). So I use my remaining energy to farm the gear pieces I'm lacking. Farming toons is not the real limiter for advancement for me it is the gear pieces.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

The only toon or ship I'm still farming from the fleet nodes is B1, when B1 is complete I'll switch to Anakin's ship (the rest I have or don't want). So I use my remaining energy to farm the gear pieces I'm lacking. Farming toons is not the real limiter for advancement for me it is the gear pieces.

Same here, so it seems CG doesn't find it viable to both 2x our energy gain and keep stun stuff there as they still want to keep them a bit bottleneck while alleviating other stuff. Perfectly reasonable for me. Only thing you need to do now is to farm your lacking g12+s with your extra energies and just shift your stun farming to maps. This is no different unless you go beyond 100 cry refills on maps.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Big sadface on this. Big.

Here I updated my gif from a few months ago. Now 72 by my count. And they make them harder to get?

b02p9rkzn58i.gif
  • Options
    All the pieces being removed are very critical so it's not just the Stun gun... although the stun gun is my primary example
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    The amount of these gear pieces needed is astronomical please don't remove one of the access points to this gear.
    We removed the following pieces of gear from normal Fleet Battles nodes:
    Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage
    Mk 8 BioTech Implant Component
    Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Component
    Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage
    Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage

I'm very concerned with this change.

CG:

giphy.gif

Community:

QxQl1zi.gif?noredirect

• Options
    LOL I love the gif
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I understand the impact fully as I calculate all types of farming. You just want old bottleneck gear farming to take place at 2x with nothing to lose for it in exchange. Free fleet energy is doubled, the refill rates is down to 3x 50, 3x 100 and you just want to be able to capitalise on that. There's a give and take to this. Solely farming stun stuff etc on fleet nodes at 100 crystal refills have close to equal to value to buying them from shipments.

i.e. currently a fleet refill gives you 12 tries, considering a %20 drop rate for stun guns a refill nets you 2.4 stun guns. Lemme know if this is not the drop rate there, I just assumed the streamlined gear droprate. Either way 14 refills on fleet nodes give you 31.2 stun guns. You can buy 50 of them for 1.4k cry. So just hoard some cry and go buy them as you get better value that way beyond the freebies you can use every day. Same holds for normal map nodes as well. Buying bundles beyond 50 refills yield better value.

Though the change significantly makes other 12+s we need in spades much cheaper both when farmed and from the various shops.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @No_Try It's not really old bottle neck gear I don't believe. I used this example in another thread in this forum but I'll paste it hear as well:

just as an example take a look at Vader G12+ piece MK12 ArmaTek Stun Gun... it needs the MK5 Stun gun to create it... so they are limited our access to G12+ with this change....
    Unless they are going to give us the ability to farm a MK12 ArmaTek Stun Gun salvage piece directly without first having to farm the MK5 stun gun (then I'm ok with it, but I doubt this is the plan).... this is just one example. There are examples for almost every piece in this removal list...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    @No_Try It's not really old bottle neck gear I don't believe. I used this example in another thread in this forum but I'll paste it her as well:

just as an example take a look at Vader G12+ piece MK12 ArmaTek Stun Gun... it needs the MK5 Stun gun to create it... so they are limited our access to G12+ with this change....
    Unless they are going to give us the ability to farm a MK12 ArmaTek Stun Gun salvage piece directly without first having to farm the MK5 stun gun (then I'm ok with it, but I doubt this is the plan).... this is just one example. There are examples for almost every piece in this removal list...

I understand that. You divert one need to one direction and the other part to fleet direction. If you have mathematical proof we will suffer from this while also needing all those yellow/purple other pieces on g12+s that are not old gear, please do go on. Besides rearrangement and your free fleet energies not going to old bottleneck gear you are not at a net loss and you are at a significant gain (which they can't even ensure is permanent).

It's not like you have 1k+ piles of new g12+ pieces but only lack old bottleneck gear to complete them. I know because I also have to manage them as an f2p who was **** focused on g12+s way before they brought on the finisher. mk12 scanners, mk6 athakam and many others are also serious bottleneck on g12+ effort. And that's now where the real frontier is even though we also have to get there first. Everyone I know are trying to consolidate their long term investments trying to see what to push towards g13 right now (instead of pondering on which ones they'd do from the ones that weren't previously g10+)
  • Options
    Every time I think that CG might be starting to turn things around they find new lows
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

It's not like you have 1k+ piles of new g12+ pieces but only lack old bottleneck gear to complete them. I know because I also have to manage them as an f2p who was **** focused on g12+s way before they brought on the finisher. mk12 scanners, mk6 athakam and many others are also serious bottleneck on g12+ effort. And that's now where the real frontier is even though we also have to get there first. Everyone I know are trying to consolidate their long term investments trying to see what to push towards g13 right now (instead of pondering on which ones they'd do from the ones that weren't previously g10+)

True I don't have piles of the new gear just sitting everywhere, but there are enough normal fleet nodes to allow us to still farm the pieces being unnecessarily removed while they could simply add the new pieces to other normal fleet nodes, after all there are 40 normal fleet nodes plenty of room to add the new pieces to...

• Options
    Yeah, the whole gear splicing thing was very uncreative on their part. Eyeballs, Mk8’s and stun guns just seems a little prohibitive to being able to farm older characters you want to add to your roster. God forbid they add any of those things to Mace Windu’s general store challenge. Corded telephones and cathode ray tube tvs is all you find in that place.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    Every time I think that CG might be starting to turn things around they find new lows

I don't farm guns from fleet but I can see how this would annoy people who do.

With that said, you can't just ignore the fact that they also cut the refresh cost in half and doubled the energy generation rate. Not to mention making G12+ farmable.

I mean, I guess you can, but it would be a bit disingenuous to complain about the bad stuff while ignoring the good stuff.

Hey TVF - welcome to the forums, you must be new here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

With that said, you can't just ignore the fact that they also cut the refresh cost in half and doubled the energy generation rate. Not to mention making G12+ farmable.

I'm not sure they are making it easier... g12+ pieces will be harder to assemble by cutting these pieces and without g12+ how do you get to g13?

The positive changes like reduced costs I'm happy about, but the removal of these pieces seems like it is more to keep their supply outlets still very low, thus keeping the gear wall in place instead of relieving it

As already stated there are plenty of normal fleet nodes to add the new g12 pieces to, without needing to remove the needed pieces from other nodes.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Dagonsith wrote: »

I mean, I guess you can, but it would be a bit disingenuous to complain about the bad stuff while ignoring the good stuff.

Hey TVF - welcome to the forums, you must be new here.

Those are good changes - no doubt. And I'm excited about them. But cutting farming options down on a piece that is ALSO needed to promote your guys to g12 AND needed for g12+ pieces seems counter-intuitive.

I dont do math, so maybe someone that can will show how removing farming options for carbantis and stun guns is actually beneficial to us to help get more g12+ pieces and toons. But when you need carbantis and stun guns to promote your guys to g12...

Maybe I'm just missing something.
  • Options
    This change feel like bait and switch... you know like those white windowless vans that say free candy on the side.... you might get the candy for free, but you don't want the rest of it....
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I am. Have nothing left to farm other than gear
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    On the one hand it's weak, on the other I've literally never once used ship energy on normal nodes since I 3-starred them all.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    The good outweighs the bad here. They stated the reason for the changes. Makes sense.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Nope just mk 6 medpacks the stun guns for high GP people
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I’ll admit it, my ships are so bad I can’t even 3* the normal ship node that has the stun guns lol.

The only node in the game I’ve wanted to farm that I can’t 3*

Finally I can stop tripping on that hahaha

Thrawn and 3-4* hounds tooth can pretty much solo every hard and normal fleet node

Thats gravy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I am. Have nothing left to farm other than gear

Same
  • Options
    Anariodin wrote: »
    The good outweighs the bad here. They stated the reason for the changes. Makes sense.

You don't know that until you see the implementation.... tragically it's generally too late by then
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Anariodin wrote: »

You don't know that until you see the implementation.... tragically it's generally too late by then

How do we not know? Everything that goes into it is in the notes. The droprates whatever they are right now will be the same as normal maps, so %20, freebies doubled, refills halved.

And yea, no matter how many topics are launched this will go in effect as they already planned it, until maybe another change many months later.