Grand arena matchups

Apoiuygvbhuytfdresdg
14 posts Member
edited July 2022
I thought like a month ago I read we were supposed to get more even matchups In grand arena ? It hasn’t happened yet ??
I can’t compete with people they are matching me up against .. I have a spread out bunch of characters. I like to level my guys up as I get gear pieces and mods .. that’s how I like to play the game . I know some people like to keep everyone at level 1 except the important teams . nothing wrong with that .. There’s no wrong way to play, whatever makes it fun for you ... But I’m getting punished for playing the game the way I play ! I’m getting lumped in with guys that are in top 10 in their arenas I’m barely pushing into the top 200 .. Also they have darth revan and malac at level 13 .. I have neither .. .. You guys should have 3 different groups in grand arena that go against each other .. those with out any revans , Those that have just light revan , And Those who have light and dark revan .. you could even do a fourth if you throw in malac .. You have this big event
“grand arena championships “
And it’s absolutely no fun when you can’t compete ..
And i’m just throwing this out there .. I have been playing this game since almost beginning and both revans have ruined this game in my opinion!!
Bon fortuna
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• Naver666
    292 posts Member
    Options
    This is a competive game mode that is meant for people to compete pvp-wise. If you don't like to play the game in a competive way (wich is 100% fine), how do you expect to compete. Its that simple, really.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I know some people like to keep everyone at level 1 except the important teams . nothing wrong with that .. There’s no wrong way to play, whatever makes it fun for you ... But I’m getting punished for playing the game the way I play !

This is exactly what the current matchmaking addresses. It looks only at the top of your roster, so it makes no difference whether the bottom of your roster is level 1 gear 1 or level 85 gear 8. You are matched on the strength of your top 60 or 80 or whatever (depending on how many teams you set). If you are being outmatched now, it's not because your opponents left the bottom of their rosters at level 1.
  • Options
    Thanks !! That makes a little more sense..
    Bon fortuna
  • Cappie
    34 posts Member
    Options
    The matches are not working the way CG intends. I am currently facing an opponent with a GL and 72 relic toons and 6.4 mil GP. I have 22 relic toons, no GL and only 1 team with all relic toons and a GP of 4.6 mil. How am I supposed to compete??? I don't mind PVP, but when it's not with a comparable opponent, it's not fun at all. My skill rating is pretty low BTW so my mega team opponent is what I would call slumming in Bronzium. I join every GA and I always try to win but I mostly win against opponents who don't participate. The problem as someone else mentioned in another thread is that players join but don't participate thus ending in a much easier division than they should.
  • Options
    Cappie wrote: »
    The matches are not working the way CG intends. I am currently facing an opponent with a GL and 72 relic toons and 6.4 mil GP. I have 22 relic toons, no GL and only 1 team with all relic toons and a GP of 4.6 mil. How am I supposed to compete??? I don't mind PVP, but when it's not with a comparable opponent, it's not fun at all. My skill rating is pretty low BTW so my mega team opponent is what I would call slumming in Bronzium. I join every GA and I always try to win but I mostly win against opponents who don't participate. The problem as someone else mentioned in another thread is that players join but don't participate thus ending in a much easier division than they should.
    You should have commented in the other thread, rather than in one that is over 3 years old.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    This is an old thread from 2019, the new GAC matchmaking is based purely on skill rating. It does not consider anything based on your roster size or content.

When it launched players were seeded into rankings based on roster size and balance was expected to establish as win / loss impact skill rating. You expect significantly bigger rosters to win more and stay higher in rankings so matchups remain fairly competitive.

Unfortunately since the start of GAC, players with much bigger rosters have been falling due to their behaviour causing them to lose when they can win. Either inactivity, intentional sandbagging, or very poor roster development and skill. This means in lower divisions we get the joy of finding them. This is not de-incentivised at the moment.

If their roster looks well modded and PVP orientated it is likely inactivity, you may win from their failure to attack. Lame but you still get rewards. You may get unlucky because they have to attack a limited amount to get rewards so some attack 1/3 or just go for 10 banners.

If they are active and always attack, they may have poor mods, and play poorly and you may be able to win. I have beaten someone 3M more GP and a GL when I have no GL before. Most of their roster was Gear 12 and their GL failed to punch through my GAS, it had like 6 holds.

If you find them on SWGOH.GG you can see from their GAC history, if they attack usually and how much. But I would always try to attack and sometimes use it for practice against GL’s.
  • EA_Mako
    2109 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Locking this thread here to prevent additional necroposting.

Feel free to continue the conversation in a more recent thread, thanks all.
This discussion has been closed.