My review: Ahsoka

Prev1
For anyone interested, this will be my opinion on this new and improved Ahsoka Tano.
TLDR: She's good. 9/10 IMO

So, I've had her maxed gear, level, abilities for awhile now, well before the Yoda event (started playing Dec 1st). She was always pretty mediocre, but she recently received a nice buff. I recently changed my arena team from Ima Gun lead with Yoda, Anakin, QGJ, Lumi (which kept me in the top 20 to 10) to a QGJ (L), Yoda, Anakin, Lumi, Ahsoka. With the new team, I hit rank 4 , almost rank 1 (bad RNG lost it for me. Oh well, can't win em all right?) against the usual meta teams (QGJ, GS, FOTP, Rey, RG, Sid, etc).

Her speed is now great. 138 (with her buff of course) and 161 with QGJ (tied with Dooku). This allows her to act before a ton of heroes, which is great. Sure, the fast speed makes her special w/ heal portion kind of useless, as no one usually needs the heal part that early. Not that big of a deal though, as some people have made it out to be (what are we, AI? Oh, shiny special button...must click....) and so I usually just save it for later. Which works nicely, because her basic does good damage, and sets up a QGJ assist for the kill WITHOUT worrying about an RG taunt stopping you from finishing off the target because they have just a sliver of health left. 9/10 speed

Her new passive buffs are great. Obviously I already mentioned the speed, but the health and crit chance buff are also great. Ahsoka already has the highest crit chance in the game. With the passive buff, she gains and additional 10% (increasing +5% more after the level cap goes up). That's great. She crits a ton now, which makes her hit much harder. The health buff is also great. Who doesn't want more health? With that buff, she has over 12k health. That's pretty nice for an attacker. Not too squishy. Of course, these buff get removed 1 at a time by enemy crits on her, but how often does that happen, or would a human enemy attack her with bigger threats (QGJ, Yoda, etc) on field? 8/10 passive buffs

Her new abilities and redesigned kit are great. First, instead of relying on alive allies to provide her health, she gets it from a buff. A long with crit up and speed up. Her basic attack no longer has just a 'chance' to heal her. Now, she heals every time she uses it for 10% of her max health, and up to 15% when she gets a crit. Combine that with her gears built in life steal, and she is a very self sustaining hero now. Her special was also changed to be a reliable 20% heal, making her a great back up healer if you are in a bit of trouble. It's saved my heroes a good amount already. It also becomes a really nice execute ability, gaining 50% more damage if they are below 50% health. It hits pretty hard now, and with her crit chance, hit even harder. 9/10 abilities/kit redesign

Last, but not least, is her damage. While her base stats haven't been redone, nor her ability damage multipliers (to my knowledge), she has good damage. Reliable damage. It's not FOTP looks at you and shots 3 times for 9k damage a hit, but that broken level of damage is sure to get toned down (my opinion of course). Her basic hit hard, crits often. Her special hits hard, crits often. Hits even harder if the target is 50% or less health. That makes it a very reliable execute, like Savage Oppress (except the target doesn't have to be in the red, and doesn't do an unnecessary 99999 damage on a target with 100 health left). All in all, a solid amount of damage (but not GS or Rey level of 10/10 damage). 9/10 damage

In conclusion, the kit design and rework have really made her a top hero. She may not be the insane S tier awesome, but she is absolutely an A tier hero now, worthy of a spot on a QGJ Jedi team. 9/10 hero now

Thanks to the developers for bringing her up to a solid level. We appreciate it :)

Replies

• Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    For anyone interested, this will be my opinion on this new and improved Ahsoka Tano.
    TLDR: She's good. 9/10 IMO

So, I've had her maxed gear, level, abilities for awhile now, well before the Yoda event (started playing Dec 1st). She was always pretty mediocre, but she recently received a nice buff. I recently changed my arena team from Ima Gun lead with Yoda, Anakin, QGJ, Lumi (which kept me in the top 20 to 10) to a QGJ (L), Yoda, Anakin, Lumi, Ahsoka. With the new team, I hit rank 4 , almost rank 1 (bad RNG lost it for me. Oh well, can't win em all right?) against the usual meta teams (QGJ, GS, FOTP, Rey, RG, Sid, etc).

Her speed is now great. 138 (with her buff of course) and 161 with QGJ (tied with Dooku). This allows her to act before a ton of heroes, which is great. Sure, the fast speed makes her special w/ heal portion kind of useless, as no one usually needs the heal part that early. Not that big of a deal though, as some people have made it out to be (what are we, AI? Oh, shiny special button...must click....) and so I usually just save it for later. Which works nicely, because her basic does good damage, and sets up a QGJ assist for the kill WITHOUT worrying about an RG taunt stopping you from finishing off the target because they have just a sliver of health left. 9/10 speed

Her new passive buffs are great. Obviously I already mentioned the speed, but the health and crit chance buff are also great. Ahsoka already has the highest crit chance in the game. With the passive buff, she gains and additional 10% (increasing +5% more after the level cap goes up). That's great. She crits a ton now, which makes her hit much harder. The health buff is also great. Who doesn't want more health? With that buff, she has over 12k health. That's pretty nice for an attacker. Not too squishy. Of course, these buff get removed 1 at a time by enemy crits on her, but how often does that happen, or would a human enemy attack her with bigger threats (QGJ, Yoda, etc) on field? 8/10 passive buffs

Her new abilities and redesigned kit are great. First, instead of relying on alive allies to provide her health, she gets it from a buff. A long with crit up and speed up. Her basic attack no longer has just a 'chance' to heal her. Now, she heals every time she uses it for 10% of her max health, and up to 15% when she gets a crit. Combine that with her gears built in life steal, and she is a very self sustaining hero now. Her special was also changed to be a reliable 20% heal, making her a great back up healer if you are in a bit of trouble. It's saved my heroes a good amount already. It also becomes a really nice execute ability, gaining 50% more damage if they are below 50% health. It hits pretty hard now, and with her crit chance, hit even harder. 9/10 abilities/kit redesign

Last, but not least, is her damage. While her base stats haven't been redone, nor her ability damage multipliers (to my knowledge), she has good damage. Reliable damage. It's not FOTP looks at you and shots 3 times for 9k damage a hit, but that broken level of damage is sure to get toned down (my opinion of course). Her basic hit hard, crits often. Her special hits hard, crits often. Hits even harder if the target is 50% or less health. That makes it a very reliable execute, like Savage Oppress (except the target doesn't have to be in the red, and doesn't do an unnecessary 99999 damage on a target with 100 health left). All in all, a solid amount of damage (but not GS or Rey level of 10/10 damage). 9/10 damage

In conclusion, the kit design and rework have really made her a top hero. She may not be the insane S tier awesome, but she is absolutely an A tier hero now, worthy of a spot on a QGJ Jedi team. 9/10 hero now

Thanks to the developers for bringing her up to a solid level. We appreciate it :)

I would give her 10/10 damage because I am pretty sure that the developers are going to nerf anyone with Rey and FOTP damage (even though they don't need a nerf). At least you know Ahsoka won't be getting nerfed because they just buffed her, and her crit chance (which is a big part of her increased damage) can be reduced by 10% by a critical hit (basically, a Sid or IG88 lead will wreck her). I think she is safe from a nerf, so I say her damage is 10/10 (and she will almost always get a chance to use her attack because, like you said, there are other targets to worry about).
  • Options
    What is her damage exactly? You have her 7* max gear. What is her basic crit and non crit along with her special crit and non crit on average? I really want to star her up as i have her at 3* right now but there are many other good options in cantina so i need a really good reason to get her. Thanks!
  • Options
    I do like how ,even if the enemy dodges her attacks, her heals still activate. But her damage is a bit low, 2.2k at basic with no crit, and 3.6k with crit. Her special does 4.6k damage, 6k with crit. But you'll likely only set it off once per arena match. I'm still not sure if she's arena worthy, but for sure brings a lot to GW.
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    I do like how ,even if the enemy dodges her attacks, her heals still activate. But her damage is a bit low, 2.2k at basic with no crit, and 3.6k with crit. Her special does 4.6k damage, 6k with crit. But you'll likely only set it off once per arena match. I'm still not sure if she's arena worthy, but for sure brings a lot to GW.

7* max gear? That is kind of disappointing
  • Options
    Maybe if you pair her with a crit boost leader like Sid, she'll become a more stronger attacker.
  • Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »

7* max gear? That is kind of disappointing

Yup, max gear. She's kind of like dooku, but without the chance to counter or double attack. She does seem like a better character than before, but don't exactly think she's meta. If you're lookimg to be top 10 in arena, maybe someone else would do better. Overall, I think she went from an okay character, to a good one. But if you want to be competitive in arena, you really need great characters.
  • Options
    Great post M9silent! Very informative.
    I agree with your assessment based on my own experience with my Ahsoka 6* g8 (almost max). She is a solid toon now and has solidified her spot as a top tier Jedi in this game.
    Great job with the retooling of Ahsoka devs!
    SW GoH name, Justin 624 571 895
  • Options
    Maybe if you pair her with a crit boost leader like Sid, she'll become a more stronger attacker.

I've heard she works well with an Anakin lead.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    As many have already discovered, I'm finding she is not a good fit with QGJ lead. Speed is great but than mostly hold off on using her special until the second round and hope she isn't taken out. I played with a few configuration, my Anakin isn't 7 star yet so instead I tried with Dooku lead. The dodges were hilarious, and by the time it is her turn she gets the 50% attack buff most of the time. Not sure if I will use her full time, still trying to find that right squad.
  • Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    As many have already discovered, I'm finding she is not a good fit with QGJ lead. Speed is great but than mostly hold off on using her special until the second round and hope she isn't taken out. I played with a few configuration, my Anakin isn't 7 star yet so instead I tried with Dooku lead. The dodges were hilarious, and by the time it is her turn she gets the 50% attack buff most of the time. Not sure if I will use her full time, still trying to find that right squad.

I didn't level her last unique ability (+10 speed) thanks to several posts about using her with QGJ lead because of the AI. I am going to leave it there for now until I start using a different lead in arena.
    I would really like to use her with Anakin lead also.
    SW GoH name, Justin 624 571 895
  • Options
    @HaloWars29 I have to respectfully disagree about her usefulness in arena. While she may not be the insane damage dealer that some heroes can be (Rey, GS, FOTP, etc), she still does good damage. With an off heal, basic self heal, and an execute I would say she has more of a supporting role rather than a plain damage dealing attacker. Not everyone will run the super meta (all 5 meta heroes in their team). Some, like me, don't run bugs or pilots. I use all Jedi, and have stayed very competitive in arena (top 20 with Ima Gun lead) and now top 5 (almost 1) with the all Jedi QGJ lead. I think her speed and utility bring a lot to the table. I think she deserves the arena spot, at least in an all Jedi build.

@Anraeth I actually like her with the QGJ lead. Sure, her having fast speed means her special isn't useful first turn (no one likely needs the heal), but holding off using it isn't the worst. I don't always blow Lumis heal turn 1 just because it's there. And her basic does enough damage to set up the QGJ assist kill. The next hero to go for you would have targeted the low health enemy (the one QGJ used assist on) to finish them off. She just goes before and sets it up, also keeping the RG from auto taunting at 50% and blocking you from killing them. I also run Yoda, so I usually Battle Med up on his first turn. If I use his Turn Meter reducing move (unstoppable force) first instead, than her special can pretty much gauruntee the kill on a medium/low health target. That frees up the QGJ assist to kill a different medium/low health target. Even if your team doesn't need the heal portion of her special, the damage is good. Killing 2 of their heroes before they go is pretty nice I'd say.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    @HaloWars29 I have to respectfully disagree about her usefulness in arena. While she may not be the insane damage dealer that some heroes can be (Rey, GS, FOTP, etc), she still does good damage. With an off heal, basic self heal, and an execute I would say she has more of a supporting role rather than a plain damage dealing attacker. Not everyone will run the super meta (all 5 meta heroes in their team). Some, like me, don't run bugs or pilots. I use all Jedi, and have stayed very competitive in arena (top 20 with Ima Gun lead) and now top 5 (almost 1) with the all Jedi QGJ lead. I think her speed and utility bring a lot to the table. I think she deserves the arena spot, at least in an all Jedi build.

@Anraeth I actually like her with the QGJ lead. Sure, her having fast speed means her special isn't useful first turn (no one likely needs the heal), but holding off using it isn't the worst. I don't always blow Lumis heal turn 1 just because it's there. And her basic does enough damage to set up the QGJ assist kill. The next hero to go for you would have targeted the low health enemy (the one QGJ used assist on) to finish them off. She just goes before and sets it up, also keeping the RG from auto taunting at 50% and blocking you from killing them. I also run Yoda, so I usually Battle Med up on his first turn. If I use his Turn Meter reducing move (unstoppable force) first instead, than her special can pretty much gauruntee the kill on a medium/low health target. That frees up the QGJ assist to kill a different medium/low health target. Even if your team doesn't need the heal portion of her special, the damage is good. Killing 2 of their heroes before they go is pretty nice I'd say.

I appreciate your insight. I'll give keep experimenting. I know that when my Dooku goes before her in QGJ lead team it usually turns out very nice in my favor.
  • Options
    +1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    FYI for all those doubters - I (albeit briefly) hit #1 on my server (started playing in early Dec) with Ashoka on my team earlier today. I needed to refresh battles a couple times but timed it so I got the #1 payout :) I'm sure I'll be knocked down into the 20s overnight but this was the team...

QGJ (L)
    Yoda
    Ashoka
    Dooku
    Daka

Now they are all lvl 8 gear (yoda 9) but not totally maxed abilities and stil have a couple gear slots open. Daka is only 6* but others are 7. Basically we all know AI defence ain't great and if you time your battles well, fight wisely, anticipate the AI, and try you et to pick off teams you can clobber most easily, you don't need perfect team to do really well imo.
  • Options
    Here s video of Ashoka in action. Did not really shine in this one, with her crit but still...
    I ll post more when she does
    [url="http://"][/url]https://youtu.be/hffAYlY_OgQ
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    wettshoes1 wrote: »
    FYI for all those doubters - I (albeit briefly) hit #1 on my server (started playing in early Dec) with Ashoka on my team earlier today. I needed to refresh battles a couple times but timed it so I got the #1 payout :) I'm sure I'll be knocked down into the 20s overnight but this was the team...

QGJ (L)
    Yoda
    Ashoka
    Dooku
    Daka

Now they are all lvl 8 gear (yoda 9) but not totally maxed abilities and stil have a couple gear slots open. Daka is only 6* but others are 7. Basically we all know AI defence ain't great and if you time your battles well, fight wisely, anticipate the AI, and try you et to pick off teams you can clobber most easily, you don't need perfect team to do really well imo.

Thanks for the feedback. I typically have my Droid team and speed team or hybrid. Honestly with the latest update my Droids suffer even on the offense. Struggling to find that right squad. QGJ, Rey, GS, Ashoka, Dooku seems to yield good results for myself. Defense I'll find out tomorrow...

• Options
    To clarify - I still plan on replacing Ashoka when I'm done farming Rey :) I'm just pointing out that she's a good support character and holds her own in arena well enough. Not a super star, but pretty solid imo.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I typically have my Droid team and speed team or hybrid. Honestly with the latest update my Droids suffer even on the offense. Struggling to find that right squad. QGJ, Rey, GS, Ashoka, Dooku seems to yield good results for myself. Defense I'll find out tomorrow...

I don't know what you have seen lately, but I got clobbered by 86 earlier today. He still is hitting me like a truck lol
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    wettshoes1 wrote: »

I don't know what you have seen lately, but I got clobbered by 86 earlier today. He still is hitting me like a truck lol

My Droid team which typically consists of Poggle lead, GS, 88,86, and Poe. It felt weaker as targets were not easily taken out. I'm not referring to GS alone, typically 86/88 would OHKO a character such as Daka, QGJ. Now they are leaving a sliver of health (25%). At first I brushed it off as bad RNG, however it was constant in Arena today. Perhaps I just had a bad streak.
  • Options
    @Anraeth I won't lie, when I see a droid team, I attack them. They are easy targets nowadays. They still do good damage, and the aoe from 88 plus assist from 86 is deadly. The problem is that they are slow, and this is the speed meta. Before they even act, I kill off 86 and either bring 88 to very low red health, or he's dead too, before they even move. I usually run into the typical droid team lead by poggle w/ Poe or the HK lead team (still with poggle) with droids. Never seen a lobot lead team.

I'm sure they still wreck house on offense (most teams do. AI defense is awful, we all know) but I don't think they do well on defense (again, not many do) and are much easier to beat than the standard Meta team. I applaud all who run against the meta (I run all Jedi) and definitely enjoy playing against different teams. I just don't think they hold up well against the speed meta. Plus with Yoda on my team (and under a QGJ lead), they don't get to land any debuffs making the 88 aoe worse (or just make it basic with no debuffs on enemies).

I don't Feel like the droid teams are cutting it now, but hey, the jaws engineer is coming out. He (she?) may change things up. That might bring them back into awesome. For now though, I wouldn't recommend a droid team (I know you have one, saying for newer players).

• Options

I just don't see her speed being enough to be meta. Like I mentioned before, she's like Dooku, similar damage and same speed (with QGJ lead), except Dooku can at least bonus hit, plus counter. He may have less health and survivability, but in the current meta, damage is a more valuable attribute.
    Maybe if paired with a Crit boost leader like Sid, will she actually be more valuable, but although she has one of the highest chances of landing a crit, it still seems to happen only 40% of the time. Not enough IMO, to compete. So her damage is often times similar to that of a tank. She's capable of being used in arena, but most characters are if they're maxed. I actually made it to #39 with Ahsoka before her rework. But on defense, she doesn't do very well. I'm still testing her out on arena, so my opinion can still change, but that's how my experience has been using her. Way better than she was before, but overall just a good character for arena, not great.
  • Options
    I am running her @ 6* gear 7 in my QGJ team in GW today. So far so good but I can't see her in my arena team yet.
  • HaloWars29
    279 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Anraeth I won't lie, when I see a droid team, I attack them. They are easy targets nowadays. They still do good damage, and the aoe from 88 plus assist from 86 is deadly. The problem is that they are slow, and this is the speed meta. Before they even act, I kill off 86 and either bring 88 to very low red health, or he's dead too, before they even move. I usually run into the typical droid team lead by poggle w/ Poe or the HK lead team (still with poggle) with droids. Never seen a lobot lead team.

I'm sure they still wreck house on offense (most teams do. AI defense is awful, we all know) but I don't think they do well on defense (again, not many do) and are much easier to beat than the standard Meta team. I applaud all who run against the meta (I run all Jedi) and definitely enjoy playing against different teams. I just don't think they hold up well against the speed meta. Plus with Yoda on my team (and under a QGJ lead), they don't get to land any debuffs making the 88 aoe worse (or just make it basic with no debuffs on enemies).

I don't Feel like the droid teams are cutting it now, but hey, the jaws engineer is coming out. He (she?) may change things up. That might bring them back into awesome. For now though, I wouldn't recommend a droid team (I know you have one, saying for newer players).

I just ran into her in arena, this time with Sid lead (like I mentioned), Poogle, Savage, Luminara, and I quite can't remember the last one. But with Poogles damage bonus, plus Sids Crit bonus, Ahsoka was hitting consistent crits, 6k crit on her basic and 9k on her special. Pretty impressive with her speed. Still managed to beat the team though with just my Luminara and Ahsoka remaining. So I think she could be pretty deadly in a Sid lead team, along side poogle, with maybe another damage dealer or a taunt tank. Unfortunately I can't test this cause I don't have Sid or Poogle :/
  • Options
    Ahsoka is looking like a really solid toon now, love her speed.

QGJ, Ahsoka and Yoda together makes a serious speed threat

• Spartamaj
    259 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Here s the video I wanted to post yesterday.
    Ahsoka did not particularly shine in this one with her crits, but the game before against the same team, she did. On a qgj assist with offense up, she crit at around 10k and healed herself for almost 7k (life steal and self heal).
    https://youtu.be/hffAYlY_OgQ
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to add, that Ahsoka with a Barriss lead gains insane passive heals every turn. And another +20% HP pool. These two Padawans worked together really well during the Clone Wars, and I'm gonna guess that the developers redesigned Ahsoka to synergize well with Barriss.
  • Irul
    55 posts Member
    Options
    I tried her in arena and still missing a little something. She is fast but does not do enough dmg on turn 1. On defense not so good since she wastes her special on turn one. I went from rank 3 to 45 with her in the line up. Back to old toons hehe.

She is great in GW
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I'd like to add, that Ahsoka with a Barriss lead gains insane passive heals every turn. And another +20% HP pool. These two Padawans worked together really well during the Clone Wars, and I'm gonna guess that the developers redesigned Ahsoka to synergize well with Barriss.

Then with Ventress hmmm...
  • Options
    Her special crit for 12k on a less then 50% charactter for me, that's without Sid lead and also her missing one last piece of gear ( dog tag ), sounds pretty good in my book, makes her great against tanks too, like RG who is kind of a pain to deal with. Best self sustaining hero ATM which can be a game changer in specific cases.

Like you said not S tier, but def up there
  • Options
    I have been running Ahsoka in my arena team for several days now and i'm very impressed. I'm currently running QGj (L), Rey, Ahsoka, GS and RG. Personally i don't really care about defense because it's the AI running it but on offense she does great. I have had no problem getting to #1 with her and i'm not being knocked back any further than i was before i started using her. I'm actually wondering how she would do as a leader in arena so i may test that out. So far I am the only one running her in the top 10 on my shard which is speed meta and it's becoming very competitive.