Ideas to improve GAC ranking system

Look CG, I understand it is only exhibition season now, but the current ranking system doesn't reflect who is the better player and who isn't. You can be screwed when your opponent put all meta teams on D (or worse, only set 1 team). This system is very flawed, to say the least.

Let's brainstorm some ideas to improve the ranking system. Much like TW, you can convert the defeated opponent's GP into scoring. Additionally, offensive banners should not be counted into scores to eliminate the bias due to different defensive strategies

Replies

• Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Look CG, I understand it is only exhibition season now, but the current ranking system doesn't reflect who is the better player and who isn't. You can be screwed when your opponent put all meta teams on D (or worse, only set 1 team). This system is very flawed, to say the least.

Let's brainstorm some ideas to improve the ranking system. Much like TW, you can convert the defeated opponent's GP into scoring. Additionally, offensive banners should not be counted into scores to eliminate the bias due to different defensive strategies

An opponent setting all meta teams on D is a strategic decision, that isn't something that is "screwing you over". That is just something you will have to deal with and adapt to.

I do agree however that if an opponent only sets 1 team on D that either, the rest of the spots should be autofilled, or the opponent should get victory counts as though they had won all those battles that they can't even attempt.
  • Options
    My suggestion is with regards to matchmaking. Currently, top 80 toons are compared in Div 2. I believe that they need to expand this top 100 toons. This will consider the depth of the roster, not just what to use on defense and offence. 20 more g12 toons will matter a lot.
  • Options

If someone sets all their meta on defense it's a garaunteed win for me since they won't break through my defenses- and there's the score balance.
  • Options

If someone sets all their meta on defense it's a garaunteed win for me since they won't break through my defenses- and there's the score balance.

Except you are ranking with all players globally. Some of them have opponents who set cheese defense. Then you have 200-300 points behind them at least
  • Options

Except you are ranking with all players globally. Some of them have opponents who set cheese defense. Then you have 200-300 points behind them at least

Then you must not play to fill clear your opponent. My last opponent set every good team he had on defense, which is what I prepared for. I believe there was a 6 banner difference compared to the prior opponent. Not sure that'll make a 300 point difference.
  • Options

Then you must not play to fill clear your opponent. My last opponent set every good team he had on defense, which is what I prepared for. I believe there was a 6 banner difference compared to the prior opponent. Not sure that'll make a 300 point difference.

I assume you are not in division 1. Or you went full offense (not sure how you "prepared" for it)
  • Options

This post illustrated much better:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/cdwxqs/dear_cg_the_gac_ranking_system_is_deeply_flawed/
  • Options
    Is it confirmed that we’re still in exhibition mode?