What did you do to your AI since the update two weeks ago?

Since you did the update 2-3 weeks ago that added GBA to the game, and "fixed" something, it seems like you broke something else. Fleet arena AI is suddenly assisting at about 90% rate in most battles, whereas my Millenium Falcon is assisting a lot less in matches than from before that update. Yes, I have the occasional match where the AI only does a couple of assists and mine does multiple assists. But, those are rare and I'm seeing way too many matches where the AI's Falcon is doing assists on almost every turn. My guild had a discussion about that last night or the night before, a few of us noticed less assists from ours but the AI's doing 50% or more assists. (No I am not going to do the darn math on this, pay me and I'll test it for you. I spend money on the game, so check the numbers yourself please.) I didn't say anything for the first week figuring it might just be bad RNG week, but this is still happening after weeks of matches.

Not only that, but I am having to refresh with crystals more and more now. (Yes, I improved my Falcon same as others in my arena from the recent Falcon event so mine should be doing "better" than before.) My Falcon was doing better, surviving more, hitting harder, and assisting more at 5 star than it is now at 6 star. The only thing that seems to have improved is it is now faster. (And the GBA addition update was where things got wonky) And my opponents had 7 star falcons before the event I was beating with my 5* that I have more trouble with now using a 6*. (Oh and no, they aren't sporting G13 pilots, so that's not it either.)

Another "coincidence" I'm sure, is that I get my buthaken kicked, but then I do a refresh for 50 crystals and all but once since that update right after I spend crystals to refresh, I win the very next battle even if I only needed that ONE battle to get first for my payout. (Like I said, I'm sure it's a TOTAL coincidence....) I just did it again a couple minutes ago too, for about the 10th time in the last 2-3 weeks.

Lastly, would you PLEASE move the ships apart further? There are times I can't select a ship on the AI side because it is hiding behind a bigger ship in front of it. (Yes, another dig on your 3v3 change, in the 5v5 lineups ships were easier to select and you said you were making it easier for them to be selected in ships 2.0. Not!) (i.e., the Phantom comes in the back corner slot and is sitting behind the falcon, hound's tooth, and another falcon or ghost.)

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, coincidence. I've had none of these issues.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    That's a whole lots of confirmation bias- particularly because you confounded several issues into one. And that's a whole ton of coding effort just to get players to do a 50 crystal refresh. It wouldn't be worth the cost/ benefit for CG to implement.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Area 51 is looking for more conspiracy theorists.....good place to look anyway
  • Options
    That's a whole lots of confirmation bias- particularly because you confounded several issues into one. And that's a whole ton of coding effort just to get players to do a 50 crystal refresh. It wouldn't be worth the cost/ benefit for CG to implement.

Don't see that too often anymore, "confirmation bias" is so 2018.

Act now! You too can join the voluntary CG Defense Force!
    CG Defense Force: "We won't pay you because we know you'll defend us for free anyway."
  • Options
    Hey, still happening.

Add to that, your AI is dodging so much every match, that I lose count. Either you programmed your AI to "cheat" or it is doing it on its own. I might get one dodge in a match. I've seen the Falcon, Hound's Tooth, Biggs X-Wing, the Phantom 2, all get 2 dodges in a ROW, and/or 3-4 dodges out of 5 attacks (This is 2-3 dodges per match, not just once in a while). That is garbage, utter garbage. (Yes I'm **** because I'm having to burn crystals because your AI cheats, whether you give it the cheats or it does it itself.) It is especially so when I outnumber the AI's ships. If Falcon is alone, it'll dodge 3-4 times out of 5-6 attacks. But I'm sure I'm just crazy as the CG Defense Force will immediately say about all of this.

I've started counting assists I get vs what the AI gets. Some matches I'm getting 4-5 assists in a match and the AI is getting 4-5 times that many. Han's Falcon is supposed to assist 50% of the time, not 5% of the time for players and 95% of the time for the AI.

Further, on Phantom 2's big attack (Maximum Impact) I 'might' get one assist with it in 20-25 uses. That is not the case for the AI. Please fix this because it is obviously broken. If Han's falcon is supposed to assist 50% of the time, then I shouldn't be using it 3-4 times per match and not even getting ONE assist in a day's worth of matches from it (5-10 matches).

Please, pretty please, with sugar on top. Fix your AI, and/or the Assist issue, and/or the excessive buffs your AI is giving itself (or you're giving it) and/or the bogus dodges your AI is getting (2% per attack huh? yeah, **** on that). Fleet arena is mirror matches, almost 100% of the time and the AI having extra benefit is ridiculous.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Respectfully disagee.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    AI dodging and multi-assists are new for you? Mbn
    Maybe End Game isn't for you