Need another division at the top

I just scrapped into Div 1 with my 4.5m GP roster, and boy was I slaughtered by my opponents who were 4.8m-4.9m.

I am now 0-6 with no close games in GA since the new matchmaking method. Every opponent has had a G13 Malak which I have don't and have no way of defeating, my average losing score is around 400 points.
GA used to be my favorite part of the game but being slaughtered by these sort of scores is not fun.

And this is only against players who are 400k more than me! I'm in div 1 which means I could theoretically play against 5.5m+ gp rosters.

Please bring in a div for those over 5m.
Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That is not how it works, matchmaking does not pull from your division.

Divisions are based on total GP. Matchmaking is based on the algorithm which currently matches on character GP (or some subset of the character GP)
  • Midirataj
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Divisions are based on total GP. Matchmaking is based on the algorithm which currently matches on character GP (or some subset of the character GP)

So what is your point? Obviously matchmaking you speak of does not work very well in a situation mentioned by OP.
    Thus your lecture about matchmaking is pointless.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Midirataj wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

So what is your point? Obviously matchmaking you speak of does not work very well in a situation mentioned by OP.
    Thus your lecture about matchmaking is pointless.

Because what he is saying is wrong and wouldn't help in the slightest.

Another division wouldnt change who he matched against.

Matchmaking and needing another division are 2 totally different things.
  • Options
    Okay, that's fair enough and I accept what you have said; but this matchmaking is horrendous as I have no way of defeating a single toon on a G13 Malak defensive team.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, that's fair enough and I accept what you have said; but this matchmaking is horrendous as I have no way of defeating a single toon on a G13 Malak defensive team.

The game incentivizes the meta.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The game incentivizes the meta.

To the detriment of the players :(