GAC matchmaking Feedback and suggestion

If matchmaking is only to consider a players top 50-60 characters, then the player should be limited to using only the characters considered in the matchmaking.
It is not right that people should have the same 50 strongest toons as me, plus an extra 100 weaker toons to take out my defenses.
Other suggestions would be a toon power cap (like in TW, but maybe higher). Alternatively, people could choose which toons they would like to enter into the competition before player lock in. This would give us complete control over our GP division and let us strategize over our best possible options.

Replies

• Options
    couldn't agree more mate if I have 60 toons that are viable to use but my opponent has 120 then that's not fair
  • Options
    I too agree. This needs to be fixed. I am being pitted against opponents with over 1M GP more than I have. It is completely unfair.
  • Options
    My problem with GP usage is when I increase my toons across the board while someone else focuses strictly on increasing a select group of toons with higher mods and gears, we're going to have similar GP but their top toons are going to be stronger than mine. Which is why the only time I win is when the other player doesn't attack. I can't beat any team I go up against. I have to hope they don't attack and that my GP is higher. It's ridiculous.
  • Sparkatus
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    It's definitely safe to say that GA has proven that GP is not fit for matchmaking purposes, and this new method of considering only the top end of peoples rosters is far from fair. I strongly believe that the above suggestion would keep everyone happy.

Give everybody full control of which characters they would like to enter into the championship before player lock. Then let the original matchmaking do its thing on the selected characters

Please like this post if you agree and maybe it will get noticed by the overlords.
  • Starkomat
    33 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Last results in matchmaking are relatively poor. Get opponents with 2 or more OP Teams with their leader than I have. Such as traya, padme, darth revan which i all dont have. No chance to compete against such players. And all top teams i have my opponents have too. Cant see a better matchmaking at the moment. Sorry, but it is worse than before for me.
    Post edited by Starkomat on
  • Options
    In my case and GP level it is enough that the opponent has one OP team that I can't beat (e.g. JKR team) and I have lost. Today have started the new GA tournament round and all other opponents have JKR teams than myself and my first opponent. So, the machmaking system can identify us two and put us to the first round so that we have at least once a chance to win. And yes, we will in this first round find out who will be 7th and who 8th.
  • Options
    stdgcml1c8yy.png
    gbw9yscjd8lh.png

Here are the top 15 toons from my roster and from my opponent's. It doesn't take long to realise who's going to win this one, which makes playing Grand Arena absolutely pointless.
    I really hope this gets changed so that I can start enjoying this game mode that I have been really looking forward to.
    Please please please give me a chance!