Help with modding JTR and finn

Just unlocked jtr this morning and need advice in how to mod her (mainly for raids but also for GA) and the same goes for finn. Thanks for your help!

By the way if anyone knows how to mod nightsisters (MT asajj daka zombie) im also working on them.

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Despite the Tank tag, you mostly wanna mod JTR like a damage dealer: CC/CD, potency and speed. She doesn't need a ton of speed since BB8 feeds her turn meter, but I'd shoot for 75-90. I personally have two potency sets and a potency cross on her to make sure her Mind Trick debuffs stick - it's probably a bit overkill, but I get annoyed at having to restart HSTR P1 seventeen times to get a Speed Down on Nihilus, and it's nice to know the debuffs will almost always stick in PVP.

My Finn is still chilling at G9 since I haven't touched him since unlocking JTR, but I believe since his rework you mainly want to mod him for damage/speed as well, since his biggest strength is ramping up crazy damage in raids.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    JTR - CD, speed, potency
    Finn - Offense, CD, CC
    MT - Offense, speed, CC
    Asajj - Offense, CD, health
    Daka - Health, speed, potency
    Zombie - Health, protection, defense
  • Options
    Ugh so much offense lol. Thanks for the tips
  • Options
    Which is better on finn offense or crit damage? Also just want to make sure- bb8 is pure speed right?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    fletchmars wrote: »
    Which is better on finn offense or crit damage? Also just want to make sure- bb8 is pure speed right?

Some extra health and protection won't hurt him - he's pretty squishy even with his foresight mechanic - but mostly all that matters is his speed since you're almost never going to use his basic attack, and his counters don't do enough damage to warrant beefing up his offense.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    fletchmars wrote: »

BB8 should be speed and potency. I have offense mods on Finn because that improves his offense stacking bonus even further, but he does deal physical damage which usually benefits more from CD, and running him under Rey requires crits, so there's an argument for either. I'd say go with whichever one you have more good mods of. I'd definitely do a CC set either way, and pair it with whichever you like of CD or Offense.

Edited. BB8 doesn't need potency
    Post edited by chionophile on
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    If your BB8 us significantly fast Finn will almost always have CC up from the buff storm of Illuminated Destiny. I have mine with Offense + Potency, offense and speed secondaries. With the extra potency you can get double expose by critting with his special on Nihilus.
  • Options
    @chionophile why put potency on BB8? The only resistable debuff he has is expose on illuminated destiny.
  • Options
    @chionophile why put potency on BB8? The only resistable debuff he has is expose on illuminated destiny.

You're correct; I don't know why I said that. Mine has CC/Speed mods. He mostly just needs speed.
  • Options
    My bb8 is set for offense and cc, because he is called to reinforce and counterattacks.
    Also secondary mod stats work well +79 speed, offense boosted to 3052 and 4704 special, cc+ 21%, tenacity +33% and great health boost. Have 2 mod sets which went 4 /5 boost on single secondary
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    She doesn't need a ton of speed since BB8 feeds her turn meter, but I'd shoot for 75-90.
    If you want a good defensive team for GA, you'll want a little more than that. +100 at least, probably want more like 110-120 (still use a CD set, not a speed set). More importantly, though, your BB8 should be lightning fast to guarantee the first go. I've got my BB8 at ~300 and R2 ~290 to help feed JTR's TM in time for her to go before most everyone. Has caught some players off guard, either requiring 2 teams to beat or being completely undefeated. Especially if they run NS on defense.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    She doesn't need a ton of speed since BB8 feeds her turn meter, but I'd shoot for 75-90.
    If you want a good defensive team for GA, you'll want a little more than that. +100 at least, probably want more like 110-120 (still use a CD set, not a speed set). More importantly, though, your BB8 should be lightning fast to guarantee the first go. I've got my BB8 at ~300 and R2 ~290 to help feed JTR's TM in time for her to go before most everyone. Has caught some players off guard, either requiring 2 teams to beat or being completely undefeated. Especially if they run NS on defense.

I guess, but using JTR on defense is a waste imo. The AI does not play the team well at all, so you need to just overwhelm your opponent with loads of speed for it to work, and she'll get shredded by nightsisters - a pretty commonly used team- no matter how well she's modded.. By contrast she can crush a ton of teams on the attack with a much more modest set, which lets you use your really nice speed mods elsewhere.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I always hold JTR for offense. Good points Jarvind.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options

I guess, but using JTR on defense is a waste imo. The AI does not play the team well at all, so you need to just overwhelm your opponent with loads of speed for it to work, and she'll get shredded by nightsisters - a pretty commonly used team- no matter how well she's modded.. By contrast she can crush a ton of teams on the attack with a much more modest set, which lets you use your really nice speed mods elsewhere.

I mean, it works pretty well for me. I see most people using NS on defense, and I usually have enough offensive teams to clear the board without her. If nothing else it’ll force them to burn an A team to win, which means a bigger chance for them to fail against JKR. 5lvwpp488ls8.jpeg