Would Lobot + droid team be any good in the GW?

LeoRavus
1165 posts Member
I really need a second decent team to get through the GW now. I was thinking about Lobot leading some droids. His heal and speed assist would come in handy. I have Lobot, IG-88 and 86 currently at 4* but not sure if it's worth continuing on with them.

Replies

• Options
    I was looking into building a team like that as well. 23 speed is a pretty huge boost. Perhaps lobot, 88 and 86 teamed up with say a tank and a healer would be effective.
  • Options
    A tank like HK-47? He's not actually a tank, so he can't taunt, but he has the health of a tank with a self revive.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Health is one thing I'm worried about. IG-88 at 4* gear VII doesn't have much. Not sure if that would improve enough to worry with him. Those next level teams in the GW would take him out fast as of now.

• baevar
    53 posts Member
    Options
    I can get down around 60 with my current team, top 100 every day. Let me tell you, I am terrified of droid teams. It's like the devs put in counters but nobody uses them, Eeth Koth, Ima Gun Di has some droid counter, Jawa/Datcha etc. The most common droid team though is Poe, Poggle, HK, IG, IG, and one that absolutely murdered me was Poe, Poggle, Genosian Soldier, IG, IG. The Genosian soldier with Poggle buff hit me for a 14k combo before my healer or tank could even get a turn leading me to use my last remaining curse word energy for the day.

Also, while we're on the subject.. Genosian soldier needs a big fat nerf, that's ridic to do that much damage before anyone's turn. If you're going to have a giant cannon character, there's no logical reason it should go first.

But anyway..I have never seen a Lobot ever. Could be that he just isn't popular but people drift towards comps because they work and get discouraged by ones that don't. I can't see Lobot possibly being better than Poggle, I can't see not using a Tank with those glass cannons either, so I can't see using Lobot. Prove me wrong :)

But....SWGOHcantina has Lobot as the 5th worst hero in the game, hampered by low farmability but gave him 35/100 for pvp and 50/100 for GW. They have Poggle at 89 for pvp and 70 for GW and is way easier to farm as a GW reward. All of what I just said is pretty much why you never see Lobot.
  • Options
    baevar wrote: »
    I can get down around 60 with my current team, top 100 every day. Let me tell you, I am terrified of droid teams. It's like the devs put in counters but nobody uses them, Eeth Koth, Ima Gun Di has some droid counter, Jawa/Datcha etc. The most common droid team though is Poe, Poggle, HK, IG, IG, and one that absolutely murdered me was Poe, Poggle, Genosian Soldier, IG, IG. The Genosian soldier with Poggle buff hit me for a 14k combo before my healer or tank could even get a turn leading me to use my last remaining curse word energy for the day.

Also, while we're on the subject.. Genosian soldier needs a big fat nerf, that's ridic to do that much damage before anyone's turn. If you're going to have a giant cannon character, there's no logical reason it should go first.

But anyway..I have never seen a Lobot ever. Could be that he just isn't popular but people drift towards comps because they work and get discouraged by ones that don't. I can't see Lobot possibly being better than Poggle, I can't see not using a Tank with those glass cannons either, so I can't see using Lobot. Prove me wrong :)

But....SWGOHcantina has Lobot as the 5th worst hero in the game, hampered by low farmability but gave him 35/100 for pvp and 50/100 for GW. They have Poggle at 89 for pvp and 70 for GW and is way easier to farm as a GW reward. All of what I just said is pretty much why you never see Lobot.

I couldnt agree more that GS needs a nerf, and the reason we dont see more people calling for one is that so many people have maxed and are dominating with him and dont want him to be nerfed. He has speed, health, and attack. literally makes an OP character

• Options
    Plague_Inc wrote: »
    A tank like HK-47? He's not actually a tank, so he can't taunt, but he has the health of a tank with a self revive.

Health of a tank ? what...? what?? what ?
    this guy getting removed easily.
    in generally, droid teams became very very easy for me, at least, to beat. i dont know if all got buffed and they stayed behind, but they used to be good.. now even their offense isnt that great.
    I mean, i saw #6 guy in my server with Hk,88,86,Poggle, and some1 else... and i was like. this guy ? or the 5# with yoda ? or the 7# with royal guard.. ? Lets go on the droid team!
    Finished with all 5 toons alive, and i have no healer.

Weak droid team, weak HK.

And about the GS: Rey is better, but no one bugging about her, because u see less of her ?
    GS is #2 attacker IMO in this game right now, but no need for nerf, especially not before Rey.
    most comps can beat most comps... this game pretty balanced. (except yoda, **** THIS GUY BUFFS :D )
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    As far as GS goes in the GW, I almost always destroy him before he gets a shot off. For some reason my GS always gets to go before the opponent's GS, right after Sid. Like clockwork the opponent's Sid gets the first strike, then mine, then my GS. So I can usually take out any one of the most powerful opponents right off the bat.

My problem is, once the best of my team are gone, the GW is pretty much over. I don't have another team that can beat a maxed out Lumi, Sid, Duku, Kylo, and Poe team for example. I know the IGs have some devastating attacks which is why I was considering a droid team as backup with Lobot for the heal.