Fleet Arena time limit

ssj4tim
135 posts Member
Does anyone else have a problem with the time limit? Personally I find that I'm constantly having draws in the fleet arena. Between the amount of reinforcements and all the animations me and my opponent are just calling our final reinforcements with only 30 seconds left and even at 4x speed can only get a few more turns in. Personally I think even if they added just another minute or two would make the difference, I understand that "time out" teams are a strategy some people go for, but still for 7 star capital ships the current time limit is not enough.

Replies

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a problem with the time limit? Personally I find that I'm constantly having draws in the fleet arena. Between the amount of reinforcements and all the animations me and my opponent are just calling our final reinforcements with only 30 seconds left and even at 4x speed can only get a few more turns in. Personally I think even if they added just another minute or two would make the difference, I understand that "time out" teams are a strategy some people go for, but still for 7 star capital ships the current time limit is not enough.

Most of my battles are over in 2 minutes or less and I'm at the top of my arena (battling meta fleets). What's your fleet composition and what types of opponents are giving you difficulties?
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm using HT M.F. Silencer with Ahsoka, JC Ship, Biggs, and phantom with home one and I go against other HT's with various make ups and capital ships. The problem is that even with debuffs and stuff it takes a good couple minutes for either sides HT goes down. Even with debuffs and stuff it takes awhile to burn through them.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm using HT M.F. Silencer with Ahsoka, JC Ship, Biggs, and phantom with home one and I go against other HT's with various make ups and capital ships. The problem is that even with debuffs and stuff it takes a good couple minutes for either sides HT goes down. Even with debuffs and stuff it takes awhile to burn through them.

It looks like you're in a fairly new shard. With Home One for a Capital Ship and HT, HMF, Biggs, and Phantom you have a good start on the current meta fleet. I'd recommend using a starting lineup of HT, HMF, and Biggs, calling Phantom first and then Ahsoka. Focus on HT. If you can get a Target Lock on HT then Biggs' special can do some good damage. Phantom's second special does a sizable amount of damage and if HMF assists then you've likely removed HT or at least brought it into the red. Next reinforcement would be Ahsoka to clear buffs on HT and, hopefully, deal the finishing blow.

If you're already doing all of that then it might be a gear issue. You may need to strengthen your fleet by gearing your pilots or increasing the ship ability levels.

Good luck!

Edit for typos
    Post edited by jhbuchholz on
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    at the top end myself...timing out used to be an issue occasionally until they took out the animations...u need more gear,abilities, etc on ur reb ships...they hit like wet noodles even when maxed
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Must be gear then. This is a normal situation for me, I just can't do the damage to kill him early.

21eogolh97de.png

Could be that I'm using the wrong group too for my toons, I have ships with higher power just HMF seems OP so I just use that.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Must be gear then. This is a normal situation for me, I just can't do the damage to kill him early.

21eogolh97de.png

Could be that I'm using the wrong group too for my toons, I have ships with higher power just HMF seems OP so I just use that.
    Yeah, you are doing it wrong. The Falcon needs at least 2 Rebel LOLassist buddies to really shine.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    the falcon IS the damage engine of the meta....it assists(sometimes) rebel ships....so yeah, wrong line up
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    Nope. I’ve had maybe one timeout ever. Top of shard, battles are usually over in 2 mins or so. The strategy doesn’t change much so once you know what to do, you can either do it or not. If not, chances are ships or pilots need some work.
This discussion has been closed.