Come Across GAC opponent with MUCH HIGHER GP

Tired of this so-called "reasonable" match making.
My characters:gnibbczid2vt.png
My opponent in GAC:
m3diy5pmvd9f.png

He has much more team to set on defense or offense.
He has DR while I don't.
He has JTR while I don't.
He has meta teams and higher GP and could beat me easily.

Why could this happen?

Replies

• Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    He can't set more teams than you can on Defense. There are only so many spots. Total GP is meaningless. It just means he has more fluff on his roster.
  • Options
    No JTR at 2,6 mill GP is actually a bit your own fault... I unlocked her at about 1,5 mill.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Options
    TreyVincen wrote: »
    He has DR while I don't.

Why could this happen?

It's happen because it's an exhibition and they try make the best matching... seems they are are not good for make matching!

So it's was the next question is : will we have any compensation?
  • Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    He can't set more teams than you can on Defense. There are only so many spots. Total GP is meaningless. It just means he has more fluff on his roster.

When enemy has 2 revans and you only 1 then you already lost unless he isn't that smart to put both of them on defence. If he does it's game over for you. I know because I'm in this exact situation. I only have jedi revan and I have to put him on defence, otherwise it would be a cake walk for him, he can use anything to beat bounty hunters or nightsisters but I can't use anything to beat jedi revan and darth revan. In order to beat jedi revan I need to sacriface characters from 2 good teams, and darth one is pretty much impossible without jedi revan or other team with godlike mods that rng won't give me.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    He has DR while I don't.

Why could this happen?

It's happen because it's an exhibition and they try make the best matching... seems they are are not good for make matching!

So it's was the next question is : will we have any compensation?

Nope.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    In all honesty you not having JTR is on you, she has been available for a long time now, a grindy and long farm but do-able.

You appear to have a 7* G12 Traya, which your opponent does not, which gives you an advantage.

He has Dr Evan, which gives him an advantage.

It's a bit of give and a bit of take. If they had a Malak, then I would possibly agree with you, that it was unfair but they will have strengths and weakness, as will you - you just need to make the best use of your toons and see what you have to deal with when attacking

BTW my opponent in the final of this weeks GAC has a G12 Malak. I do not. I am hoping that they keep it for offence but we shall see.

Sometimes you get a poor match-up sure but certainly for me, the new Matchmaking algorithm has given me closer and more exciting matches, this one with the G12 malak is the first that may possibly be 'unwinnable'
  • Options
    It’s not set number of defence that’s the problem. I’m also meeting people 1 mill higher gp than me. It gets problematic that those with the low end of gp don’t have enough teams to back up a full table clear. The one with 1 mill more gp has more competitive teams to put on defence and/or offence. Which means he has the advantage and can win by attrition. In my case i win by clearing 2.5-3 areas while I stalemate my competitor on the 2nd area. Most cases it works, sometimes not but it’s just sheer luck, not my skills that dictates the outcome. Logic dictates that someone with 1 mill go more should steamroll over you since a 1 mill differential is potentially 10 teams more than you have
  • Options
    OP is right. This shouldn't happen! Stop defending the fails of the match making system guys!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Why does the op have 7 toons per row to my 6? It's not fair.

dswajgb8e8nz.png
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Why does the op have 7 toons per row to my 6? It's not fair.

dswajgb8e8nz.png

**** bigger screens!
  • Options
    In all honesty you not having JTR is on you, she has been available for a long time now, a grindy and long farm but do-able.

You appear to have a 7* G12 Traya, which your opponent does not, which gives you an advantage.

He has Dr Evan, which gives him an advantage.

It's a bit of give and a bit of take. If they had a Malak, then I would possibly agree with you, that it was unfair but they will have strengths and weakness, as will you - you just need to make the best use of your toons and see what you have to deal with when attacking

BTW my opponent in the final of this weeks GAC has a G12 Malak. I do not. I am hoping that they keep it for offence but we shall see.

Sometimes you get a poor match-up sure but certainly for me, the new Matchmaking algorithm has given me closer and more exciting matches, this one with the G12 malak is the first that may possibly be 'unwinnable'

Dr Evan lol we call him Dad Bod Revan. he looks a bit more soggy in the midsection than JKR
  • Options
    The guy im facing in the final has 700k less gp than me and man is he going to give me a kicking.
    His mods are sensational and a g13 malak at 327 speed.

Some guys hit way above their gp
  • Options
    No, 2 revans vs 1 isn't a guarantee to win. my last 2 matches were against guys with a drev. I don't have one. They both at them at defense. I set mine for defense and was able to get through one of their revans and ended up winning. Granted, they weren't perfect at 2.4m gp but still, it's possible. Stop whining that the match ups aren't fully perfect and fine tuned at this point. Cg mentioned that already. Get over it, have patience and enjoy the game. And git gud. No jtr? Op sux at the game.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

When enemy has 2 revans and you only 1 then you already lost unless he isn't that smart to put both of them on defence. If he does it's game over for you. I know because I'm in this exact situation. I only have jedi revan and I have to put him on defence, otherwise it would be a cake walk for him, he can use anything to beat bounty hunters or nightsisters but I can't use anything to beat jedi revan and darth revan. In order to beat jedi revan I need to sacriface characters from 2 good teams, and darth one is pretty much impossible without jedi revan or other team with godlike mods that rng won't give me.

We had our guy with 3 g13 DR team and the best speed mods and arena rank in the bracket just lose to a guy with 800k less GP.

And now I'm facing same guy with 800k less GP than me in final and he could win.

So, buck it up little camper, and give it your best Boy Scout try and stop complaining.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 4.1 mill. Opponent is 5mil. I've 1 g13, he's got 9. I've no malak, he's got g13 malak. I'm 100% FTP, he obviously isn't. I won 75% of ga, I'm yet to win even a single battle in gac. So yeah, gp DOES make a difference. I'm struggling to make 16 viable teams, they don't.
  • Options

Before I had DR I won plenty of GAs where my Opp had both Revans. Know your counters and mod correctly.
  • Options
    The amount of viable GP makes a difference. Just seeing 3.6mil to 2.69mil doesnt mean they're better than you.
    I recruit and see people's GPs all the time. Some at 2mil are completely stacked, a newer player which has benefited from who not to farm and who to farm. And others are 4mil who are more collection type players that just want all the characters, or their favorite characters, geared up and maxed out.

4mil GP full of g12 Eeth Koth, Kit Fisto, g11 mace, a bunch of tuskens, Gamorean Guard and similar characters doesn't mean anything. Too outdated to use for defence and lacks the offensive kit to attack with.

2mil GP with 20+ characters at level 1, g1 and only top tier and A tier character geared and moded would be a handful for anyone
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    LOL..same ole same ole. Guys will whine and complain if they can't beat you. I've seen in firsthand in the GAC chats with my opponent. They go from cordial to cussing me out when I beat them.

Also, the matchmaking has been hammered home 1 million times on these forums. Go read some posts and educate yourself. They are basing it off your top 80 toons GP since you need 16 teams x 5 guys to fill and defense and attack. Whether or not you have the exact same 80 toons that your opponent has shouldn't matter, nor would it be fun having a 80 vs 80 mirror match. Not to mention they are not just matching you up with one opponent, you are grouped with 7 others, so there are going to be some easier matchups and tougher matchups. It's just how it goes.

My round 3 opponent that I have to fight today has 100 more +10 speed mods than I do and double the number of 15+ and 20+ speed mods, plus his entire Sith Empire are G13 and I have no G13, but this is the first of my 3 matchups this GAC that is like that. Also, I have 500k MORE GP than him, but our top 80 are equal. Maybe I win, maybe I don't, that is just how it goes sometimes.

Remember, they are matching up 8 teams per group, not just you vs 1 other guy. Breaking it down to the simplest terms, even if they tried to match make with both teams having the exact same toons, gear, zetas, mods, etc, at some point they would run into only have 5 teams left over(after completing all the groups of 8) that meet all that criteria, and they would have to either pull 3 teams that don't have all the same toons, gear, etc etc or leave one group as a group of 5.

• Options
    Man anyone that has the mentality of "you both only set the same number of defense" clearly doesnt understand roster and bench depth and neither does CG. If they have 50 more g12's sure you can only set X amount of teams but the diversity that player with 50 more g12s has can clearly out play the other player setting defenses to force the player to use certain counters. Still dont get how noone takes into account bench strength, take any sports team that's won a championship and ask them about roster depth.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    The guy im facing in the final has 700k less gp than me and man is he going to give me a kicking.
    His mods are sensational and a g13 malak at 327 speed.

Some guys hit way above their gp

blah blah blah....mods....blah blah blah(am not poking fun at u roney. u hit it right on for op's complaint)

i'll paraphrase: mods

the matchmaking is fine except that how fast ur toons are dont figure in...
    Post edited by uno on
  • Options
    My characters:gnibbczid2vt.png
    My opponent in GAC:
    m3diy5pmvd9f.png

He has DR while I don't.

Why could this happen?

C.G. wants you to $$$top whining and git guud.
  • Options
    It's so unfair my opponent has 3.7m gp and I only have 2.8. He has G13 Malak and I don't have malak. G13 Grevious and I don't. 5 other g13s, way more g12s, more g11s, more zetas... oh and I just destroyed him because he set typical defenses that took no thought of how to counter, sub par mods, and well, because GA is about...
    EFFICIENCY. (Though I do think they are a bit too narrow on pertinent gp and should expand it by 15%)
  • Rav1n
    20 posts Member
    Options
    My opponent had a roughly 800K GP advantage over me (1.4M to 2.2M) but I still won. He had 2 G12s (Luminara and Consular) to my 10 G12s (all BH). Sorry you had a tough round. Get up, dust yourself off, and get in the next round. Or quit.

aall5vlccleb.jpg
    teal900umfyz.jpg
    99odigd295mj.jpg