We need a Light Side Droid Leader

Skyfrager59
243 posts Member
edited July 2019
The only droid leaders are HK and IG-88, both Dark Side.
L3 is the best candidate to become a leader. She can have "droids revolt" as an ability, like in the Solo movie.
Lobot could also be a good candidate since most of the LS droids are rebels. He just needs a droid tag. Technically he is more a cyborg than a droid but so is Grievous...

Replies

• Options
    Don't forget about Chief Nebit, ability cooldown plus taunt.
    Very underestimated as LS-droid-leader...
  • Options
    Droids typically are support characters in the story. C3P0, R2, L3, bb8, etc.

That's just the way they are written. It's really bizarre to have an all Droid team apart from ig88 (all BH have leads) or GG (obviously a sep Droid leader). HK's should've just been removed and replaced with a unique or a special.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Lobot rework!
  • Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »

Not a droid...
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »

Not a droid...

Jawa are droids #facts

Not really the point of the discussion but...

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jawa: "Jawas were a sentient species of meter-tall humanoids native to the Outer Rim desert world of Tatooine."

• Options
    What about this guy? ;) It's WAC-47 who even achieved to be promoted to Corporal during the Clone Wars. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/05/Epguide510.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20131021231901
  • Options
    Hal 9000
    LS, droid, support, leader
    This conversation can serve no purpose anymore (Basic): Target enemy gains 3 stacks of damage over time for 2 turns (cannot be resisted).
    The mission is too important for me to allow you to jeapordize it (Special, 3): Target ally becomes stunned and loses all turn meter (cannot be resisted or dispelled). All other droid allies gain offense up, critical chance up and critical damage up until the end of the turn and are called to assist against random enemies.
    I’m sorry Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that (Leader): All droid allies gain +100% max protection. Droid allies deal double damage against non-droid enemies. Non-droid allies lose all protection, and at the start of their turns gain 1 stack of damage over time that lasts until Hal is defeated.
    Stop, Dave. I’m afraid (Unique): When Hal is first about to be defeated, instead he is reduced to 1 health and all enemies lose all turn meter.
  • Dirty_Litle_Smuggler
    933 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Edit: (double post)
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Not a droid...

Episode IV Jawas literally have a droid smuggling business and have a market for them.
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Lobot has a leader trait, he just needs a zeta
  • Options
    Very interesting facts. Maybe I might remind you again about the coincidence, that leading Nebit is working perfectly fine with various droid-combinations. He is a taunter and has the ability of cooling down the specials of allied droids, plus he spreads protection at his team with his basic.
    Properly modded...

Excellent LS-droid leader for pure ls-droid-team.

But you want a DROID, right?

:p

• Options
    Very interesting facts. Maybe I might remind you again about the coincidence, that leading Nebit is working perfectly fine with various droid-combinations. He is a taunter and has the ability of cooling down the specials of allied droids, plus he spreads protection at his team with his basic.
    Properly modded...

Yeah, a full LS Droid team. Someone to lead zz3PO, zzR2, zzBB8 and zK2, what a defensive team that would make...
    Lobot would be great since he's a rebel, he just needs a droid tag (and a rework...)
  • Options
    Properly modded...

Yeah, a full LS Droid team. Someone to lead zz3PO, zzR2, zzBB8 and zK2, what a defensive team that would make...
    Lobot would be great since he's a rebel, he just needs a droid tag (and a rework...)

Except...... he's not actually a DROID. Sorry. I thought that was a slightly important detail.
  • Options
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Properly modded...

Except...... he's not actually a DROID. Sorry. I thought that was a slightly important detail.

It would be... except Shaak Ti is the best leader for clones right now and she is no clone. So clearly Lobot is still an option. He will need a rework thou....
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    JTR is the light side droid leader.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    JTR is the light side droid leader.

This is the sad truth.

I think there was a missed opportunity to make L3-37 a great droid leader. Like OP said, she did spearhead a droid revolution in the Solo movie. It makes way more sense for her to be a leader than it does for HK-47 (who literally is a subservient assassin droid).