Brood Alpha Zeta

I'm thinking of putting a zeta on Geonosian Brood Alpha, but I'm not sure which one to get first, or if I should apply both of them. Can any Geo experts give me a little advice on this?

Replies

• Options
    The unique for sure
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Unique, always
  • Options
    I went with Unique because getting an extra toon that taunts and attacks right off the bat is the honey for the bees.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to know if anyone has zeta'd the leader ability and not regretted it, I've been struggling to think of a good use for it since so many of the team dispel enemy buffs.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know if anyone has zeta'd the leader ability and not regretted it, I've been struggling to think of a good use for it since so many of the team dispel enemy buffs.

Against teams with locked buffs a la Padme. On offense you can also control dispels by not using those abilities.

Sun Fac dispels on his basic, and he's going to assist every turn. You can't really "not use it."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    There are too many out of turn plays with geos to be effective against a mediocre padme team. imo...

I havent found a need for alphas leader zeta yet
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    That's what I thought. It seems really badly thought out, I can't understand why they designed it that way, unless it was purely for the Acklay mission. I'll skip it for the time being.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    I only did queens will and it is a drastic difference. The best part is it scales to alpha so even if your other geos are absolute trash that tiered up taunt is already rocking.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to go with the unique zeta and hold off on the leader ability.
  • Options
    So would you ever use Poggle in leader position, with BA as a follower or Keep BA as leader but improve his leader ability to just under zeta?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    So would you ever use Poggle in leader position, with BA as a follower or Keep BA as leader but improve his leader ability to just under zeta?

Except for the forced Poggle lead mission in TB, I dunno why you'd ever use his lead over Alpha. 15k HP/Prot, prot restore on basics, and 50% health steal is so much better than a small offense boost. The increase in survivability when combined with Hive Mind is massive.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    It's possible that the He is might perform well with Nute leading. So Hive-Mind still operates with Brood's presence even without lead. Pretty nifty I think.
  • Options
    For the leader ability zeta, think about attacking KRU on an FO squad. He's going to be handing out Advantage to the squad. As he does, the assist attacks get 10% stronger per other buffed toon.
    Is it great or necessary, no, and you will be cycling that additional bonus with the cleansing, but if your opponent hands out buffs to allies during your turn, then geos hit harder.