Darth Starkiller Concept

cmqxlmrps9vv.jpg

Note: This is the Starkiller from the Dark Side DLCs where he has replaced Vader as Palpatine's apprentice.

Darth Starkiller: Dark Side, Sith, Empire, Attacker

Basic: Duel Saber Strike: Deals physical damage equal to 40% of target's max health.

Special 1: The Force Unleashed: Darth Starkiller places shock and stun on all opponents, granting Darth Starkiller offense up for three turns.

Special 2: Monster of the Rebellion: Instantly defeat one Rebel enemy. Starts with a Cooldown of eight. Cooldown is reduced by one each time Darth Starkiller takes damage.

Unique: Apprentice of Two Masters: If either Emperor Palpatine or Darth Vader are present (both ally or enemy) Darth Starkiller recieves a bonus turn whenever he uses The Force Unleashed. If neither Darth Vader or Emperor Palpatine are present Darth Starkiller recieves foresight and health up. (ZETA: If Emperor Palpatine or Darth Vader are in the leader slot the Cooldown for Monster of the Rebellion is decreased by four at the beginning of the encounter.)

Replies

• Options
    This is the Starkiller we need. Seriously.
  • Options
    This is the Starkiller we need. Seriously.

Glad you like it
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I don't like this kit that much. Mostly because it's got some problems in it that make no sense and it doesn't fully synergise with Vader or Palp (or at least not as much as I would like). (p.s. he was just Starkiller. Never was he referred to as darth. He was a sith thou. This was just the first hint that he was just being used by Vader and Palp. Or that is my interpretation anyway. Either way he is just "Starkiller").

To begin with, These ability's make no sense. Or at least the basic and 2 specials. The basic deals Percentage health damage (which isn't dependent on offence) and the second special instantly defeats an enemy (or does nothing if there are no rebel enemies and is also not dependent on offence). Finally, the first special deals no damage and grants offence up. Seeing as none of his attacks are dependent on his offence, the offence up is USELESS!!! Seriously. This is a serious design flaw. Thou I think the basic needs a fix. Cause it is either way overpowered or completely useless.
    Another thing are the names. These names are too generic for my taste (thou I do kinda like the reference to the game itself). Where are some of the more unique ability's starkiller used, like Sith Seeker (which, according to the wiki, he is the only known user of) or Force Repulse (shared with a few, thou not many).
    Also, why only 4 ability's. He's a pretty powerful character. I think he deserves 5. But this is a personal thing.
    Vader's lead is very Damage over time focused, and Palpatine's is verry debuff focused. Yet there is no damage over time in this kit. I think this is a shame, especially since this could very well display his lethality in lightsaber combat.
    The unique is pretty nice. Overall I like it. But when does he gain the foresight and Health up? When they are defeated? at the start of battle? and how long do they last for that matter?
    Overall there is a nice concept here but it needs some work. I've come up with a few ability Idea's of my own. Thou it's up to you what you do with them.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    Mortal Wounds (basic)
    Deal physical damage to target enemy twice and inflict 2 damage over time effects. These attacks deal 5% more damage for each Damage over Time effect on the target. If target enemy is Shocked, this attack can't be Evaded.

Force Repulse (Special) (cooldown: 3 turns)
    Deal Special damage to all enemies, Inflict Speed Down on them for 2 turns and Shock them for 2 turns. For each enemy damaged by this attack, Starkiller gains +10% Turn Meter. This attack can’t be Countered.

Sith Seeker (Special) (cooldown: 4 Turns)
    Deal Special damage on target enemy and Dispel all Buffs on them. Then deal Special damage to them and Shock and Stun them for 2 turns. If target enemy is Shocked, the Stun can’t be Dispelled or Resisted. These attacks can’t be Evaded or Prevented.

Electric Conduction (unique)
    Starkiller gains +10% Speed and +20% Defence for each Shocked enemy. Whenever Shock Expires from an enemy, that enemy takes damage Equal to 10% of their Max Health.
    (Zeta) Whenever an enemy suffers damage from a Damage over Time effect or from the Shock Expire effect, Starkiller Recovers Protection equal to the amount of damage they suffer.

Trained to Kill (Unique)
    Starkiller has +50% Health Steal and Potency. Whenever an enemy Resists a Debuff from Starkiller, or Whenever Starkiller Suffers a debuff, he gains +15% Offence (stacking) for 2 turns.
    (Zeta) Starkiller can’t be Critically hit and dispels all debuffs from himself at the start of his turn.

Post edited by Ichiraikou on
  • Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    I don't like this kit that much. Mostly because it's got some problems in it that make no sense and it doesn't fully synergise with Vader or Palp (or at least not as much as I would like). (p.s. he was just Starkiller. Never was he referred to as darth. He was a sith thou. This was just the first hint that he was just being used by Vader and Palp. Or that is my interpretation anyway. Either way he is just "Starkiller").

To begin with, These ability's make no sense. Or at least the basic and 2 specials. The basic deals Percentage health damage (which isn't dependent on offence) and the second special instantly defeats an enemy (or does nothing if there are no rebel enemies and is also not dependent on offence). Finally, the first special deals no damage and grants offence up. Seeing as none of his attacks are dependent on his offence, the offence up is USELESS!!! Seriously. This is a serious design flaw. Thou I think the basic needs a fix. Cause it is either way overpowered or completely useless.
    Another thing are the names. These names are too generic for my taste (thou I do kinda like the reference to the game itself). Where are some of the more unique ability's starkiller used, like Sith Seeker (which, according to the wiki, he is the only known user of) or Force Repulse (shared with a few, thou not many).
    Also, why only 4 ability's. He's a pretty powerful character. I think he deserves 5. But this is a personal thing.
    Vader's lead is very Damage over time focused, and Palpatine's is verry debuff focused. Yet there is no damage over time in this kit. I think this is a shame, especially since this could very well display his lethality in lightsaber combat.
    The unique is pretty nice. Overall I like it. But when does he gain the foresight and Health up? When they are defeated? at the start of battle? and how long do they last for that matter?
    Overall there is a nice concept here but it needs some work. I've come up with a few ability Idea's of my own. Thou it's up to you what you do with them.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________
    Mortal Wounds (basic)
    Deal physical damage to target enemy twice and inflict 2 damage over time effects. These attacks deal 5% more damage for each Damage over Time effect on the target. If target enemy is Shocked, remove 20% Turn Meter, which can't be Resisted.

Deal Special Damage to all enemies, Shock them for 2 turns, and remove 30% Turn Meter from them. This attack can't be Countered.

Dispel all Buffs on target enemy, Deal Special damage to them Twice, and Shock and Stun them for 2 turns. If target enemy is already Shocked, the Stun can't be Dispelled. This attack can't be Evaded.

Starkiller has +50% Health Steal and Potency, and he gains +10% Speed and +20% Defense for each Shocked enemy. Whenever Shock expres from an enemy, they take damage equal to 10% of their max Health.
    Whenever an enemy suffers damage from a Damage over Time effect or from the Expired Shock effect, Starkiller Recovers Protection equal to the amount of damage they suffer (max 3 Damage over time effects and 1 expired Shock effect per turn).

Some things to change for your proposed kit, good though it may be:

Add that fifth ability, first of all. Starkiller was very powerful, and this kit doesn't have a ton of utility right now.
    His DOTs should be unable to be resisted.
    Force Repulse should inflict stagger and/or daze, perhaps blind, but not as much shock: that simply doesn't go well with it.
    Give him 10% offense for each shocked enemy, defense isn't helping him much, whereas an auto-offense up is really good. Change wording to "Max 40% protection recovery" or something along those lines.
    Give direct synergy with Vader and Palpatine. He should have a "Master and Apprentice", Revan and Bastilla type thing with them. Give him a new ability while they are his leader, or a stealthing capability, as he was their assassin and, I imagine, he'd be relatively Darth Revan -tier health and defense (without ferocity).
  • Options

Mortal Wounds (basic)
    Deal physical damage to target enemy twice and inflict 2 damage over time effects. These attacks deal 5% more damage for each Damage over Time effect on the target. If target enemy is Shocked, remove 20% Turn Meter, which can't be Resisted.

Deal Special Damage to all enemies, Shock them for 2 turns, and remove 30% Turn Meter from them. This attack can't be Countered.

Dispel all Buffs on target enemy, Deal Special damage to them Twice, and Shock and Stun them for 2 turns. If target enemy is already Shocked, the Stun can't be Dispelled. This attack can't be Evaded.

Starkiller has +50% Health Steal and Potency, and he gains +10% Speed and +20% Defense for each Shocked enemy. Whenever Shock expres from an enemy, they take damage equal to 10% of their max Health.
    Whenever an enemy suffers damage from a Damage over Time effect or from the Expired Shock effect, Starkiller Recovers Protection equal to the amount of damage they suffer (max 3 Damage over time effects and 1 expired Shock effect per turn).

Add that fifth ability, first of all. Starkiller was very powerful, and this kit doesn't have a ton of utility right now.
    Force Repulse should inflict stagger and/or daze, perhaps blind, but not as much shock: that simply doesn't go well with it.
    Give him 10% offense for each shocked enemy, defense isn't helping him much, whereas an auto-offense up is really good. Change wording to "Max 40% protection recovery" or something along those lines.
    Give direct synergy with Vader and Palpatine. He should have a "Master and Apprentice", Revan and Bastilla type thing with them. Give him a new ability while they are his leader, or a stealthing capability, as he was their assassin and, I imagine, he'd be relatively Darth Revan -tier health and defense (without ferocity).

Tnx for the feedback. But this wasn't meant to be a full kit or anything (yet). Just some loose idea's. In fact, I had already edited the post with some better idea's by the time you uploaded this. I will take your feedback thou. Seems it has some useful thinks in there. But again. These where just some first drafts and loose idea's to trow against the wall. A full kit I really need to think about. It takes time and I'll probably make a separate discussion for that. Seeing as it then isn't an reaction to his idea anymore.
  • Options

Mortal Wounds (basic)

Tnx for the feedback. But this wasn't meant to be a full kit or anything (yet). Just some loose idea's. In fact, I had already edited the post with some better idea's by the time you uploaded this. I will take your feedback thou. Seems it has some useful thinks in there. But again. These where just some first drafts and loose idea's to trow against the wall. A full kit I really need to think about. It takes time and I'll probably make a separate discussion for that. Seeing as it then isn't an reaction to his idea anymore.

I would absolutely love to see what you come up with. I don't mention it enough but I see your kit ideas all the time and they're awesome, It brings me joy to see them and how they evolve.