Malak event return

Prev1
Bring it back already. Tired of waiting.

Replies

• Options
    We all are. Read every other "When is Malak Returning?" thread please.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    I did, and I added another one
  • Options
    100% this is a reply to the last comment. Haters will say it’s a bump.
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone keeps asking please read this everyone: from an underground site : Malek will get released when everyone that has him gets him to 7 stars and gear 13 till then no malek could take up to 1 yr it says.till then wait.
  • Options
    Everybody already has him 7* gear 13 so.....let’s gooooooooooo
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Everybody already has him 7* gear 13 so.....let’s gooooooooooo

At least everyone I've faced in arena for the past three weeks does, so let's roll!!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    DO IT!
  • Options
    Rekt!
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bring it back already. Tired of waiting.
    Then stop waiting for him and do something else instead
  • Options
    No u @Ultra
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    2fvbc2fglqn2.jpg
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    A lot of y'all don't seem to understand that Malak is a Mythical event not a legendary event.

I doubt Malak is going to return with 3 month intervals I think he will come back with 6 month intervals
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    JediFrost wrote: »
    I think 6 months is pretty steep, but more than 3 makes sense

Yeah but it wouldnt make sense to not combine JKR and DR events to tie in with Malak.

Sorta how the one famous wookie is tied to HMF

I think they're trying to connect those events together in a way
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone asking where's malak and here I am just patiently waiting for padme.....
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    A lot of y'all don't seem to understand that Malak is a Mythical event not a legendary event.

I doubt Malak is going to return with 3 month intervals I think he will come back with 6 month intervals

Well that’s dumb 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    I think 6 months is pretty steep, but more than 3 makes sense

Yeah but it wouldnt make sense to not combine JKR and DR events to tie in with Malak.

Sorta how the one famous wookie is tied to HMF

I think they're trying to connect those events together in a way

Yeah well that’s why I thought it would pop up with JKR, but he didn’t so now, who knows, perhaps he’ll pop up again with DR third return, which would be unfortunate

Hopefully lol I need my DR to get malak
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Re
    Set
    The

CLOCK!!!
  • Options
    I get that people say it's a "mythical event" or something but tbh i'm more baffled by the fact how bad this decision is for CG in terms of $$$... If they released him as quick as the first time everybody getting DR would have to immediately get him geared up quickly. And OR too. Meaning the potential to get money out of it would be much higher. Release them both at inconvenient times and it's even better. I'm no expert but i'd expect more from
    E(i'm greedy af)A. The way it is now people could basically push their Kotor toons to g13 and easily get malak for the **** and giggles. Imo that would make malak even worse as he wouldn't be "special tip of the spear" material anymore and everyone's got him.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Phrenesis wrote: »
    I get that people say it's a "mythical event" or something but tbh i'm more baffled by the fact how bad this decision is for CG in terms of $$$... If they released him as quick as the first time everybody getting DR would have to immediately get him geared up quickly. And OR too. Meaning the potential to get money out of it would be much higher. Release them both at inconvenient times and it's even better. I'm no expert but i'd expect more from
    E(i'm greedy af)A. The way it is now people could basically push their Kotor toons to g13 and easily get malak for the **** and giggles. Imo that would make malak even worse as he wouldn't be "special tip of the spear" material anymore and everyone's got him.

This analysis lacks long term perspective. Keeping a -mythical- exclusive for longer than other stuff will earn them in spades in the next such release since now a new sense of exclusivity is established by doing so. And the rush spending on 2nd run is uncomparable to the 1st run. Noone is getting caught off guard on the 2nd run.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly, the longer you can make it seem like paying for Malak is paying off, more people will pay in the future.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    62d0wolrrwwa.jpeg
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Options
    People have been saving gear and zetas for him. They will drop a new character that needs similar gear and zetas with the hope that they spend it on that. Once they feel the majority has done so they will release him again. That and or they will drop it immediately after Darth revan to give everyone another chance at getting him before Revan. But I agree it’s going to be a 6 month event.
  • Options
    I found Malak hes chilling comfortably in my roster 0f0ffqp7scyf.png
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Phrenesis wrote: »

This analysis lacks long term perspective. Keeping a -mythical- exclusive for longer than other stuff will earn them in spades in the next such release since now a new sense of exclusivity is established by doing so. And the rush spending on 2nd run is uncomparable to the 1st run. Noone is getting caught off guard on the 2nd run.

They want as many people getting him as possible to monetize the next meta

• Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    62d0wolrrwwa.jpeg

Malak is confirmed to appear during the release of The Rise of Skywalker. Join Jedi Knight Luke, Grumpy, CLS, X-Wing Pilot Luke and Farm Boy Luke as they shred the Old Republic and remind everyone whose franchise it is.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I'd say the odds of Malak's returns being included as part of the road ahead is about 100%. Best way to get some goodwill with the playerbase. Personally I wish he'd wouldn't return until 2020 though. 😁

Good point, even if they had a certain date planned for him, they can just release him to shift focus away from -end is nigh- rants that are across the galaxy these days. We just have 10 minutes of memory anyways xD
This discussion has been closed.