I like GAC matchmaking. It must be said.

Tanzos
219 posts Member
I only speak for myself as anyone should, but I think this matchmaking is much much better than before.

The reason why is that I don't feel bad for upgrading my characters anymore. That is the biggest reason it was updated was because the old algorithm hurt players who upgraded characters below a usable level. They stated it was against their philosophy to create a game mode that didn't make you feel good about putting gear on someone.

Yes it is not perfect but it will never be perfect because it's an imperfect game mode. There are numerous things wrong with it. But at least matchmaking doesn't hurt you (as bad) for playing the game as it's meant to. To collect and battle with characters from Star Wars.

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I do like that aspect of it. Needing to suppress character development to remain competitive was not my idea of fun.
  • Options
    I’m happy with it as well. I went 2-1, then 1-2. My matches were all close. Winning was determined a bit by defense strategy and who was more efficient on offense. Huge improvement over the old raw GP approach.
  • Options
    Except for NS initiate- co is still okay with intentionally not gearing her.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in the mid GP range and the MM has been really good. I think they could probably expand the algorithm to X + 25% or something like that, but otherwise its pretty good and have had close matches. Ive beaten people with more GP than me and lost to people with significantly less GP than me. I havent even been able to complete most of my feats because most have the matches have been too close. Working pretty well I think.
  • Options
    I’m having a blast with new matchmaking. So many battles won or lost by ten or fewer points. GP can vary by 200k ish, but that doesn’t seem to matter.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Been undefeated but now I face my toughest opponent.

I'm not whining like these other kids I'm actually strategizing
  • Options
    All my matches have been very competitive, not a single blow out. I love this new system, facing bigger players has made it a lot more exciting.
  • Options
    I like the actual MM, all fights are very close, several times decided by 1-10 points difference, i won and i lost, but it feels fair in the end.
    i didn't face any hopeless fights as i did before MM rework, therefore from my pov well done devs!
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I do like it much more than GA mm. I also agree with % extension on cut-off number. Yet it has one thing it's absolutely blind at, G13. If kept as is, future topics will be about disparity on this front.