Ship advice please

Hi all,

I’m having difficulties clearing 4E hard on fleet battles as my ships just don’t seem to be strong enough.

I need some focus on what to farm and I’m asking for help not just of 4E, but on fleets ships in general, as I cannot do Moff Tarkins any higher or even really compete at in the Fleet Arena.

These are the ships I have and their levels and any advice on whether to farm new ships or keep on farming what ships I have, would be greatly appreciated including what squads I should make.

Ships –

7 star – Wedge – Biggs- Ahsoka – Jedi Cons -

6 Star – Tie advance – Umbaran – Geonosian Soldier -

5 star – Rex – Slave 1 – Clone Sergeant – Poe – Scimitar – Resistance – First Order – Imperial Tie

Home one at 6 Stars – Endurance at 6 stars and Executrix at 5 stars.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    You never mention the pilots. You say slave 1 5 stars but what about boba fett??? If the pilot isnt strong the ship wont be strong.
  • Options
    You should look into doing the Geonosian ships. You’ll eventually need them for geo TB, and with the new brood alpha, they are finally worth gearing for ground fights
  • Options
    You never mention the pilots. You say slave 1 5 stars but what about boba fett??? If the pilot isnt strong the ship wont be strong.

Sorry, good point. All my pilots are seven star and gear 8 and above.

Cheers.
  • Options
    You should look into doing the Geonosian ships. You’ll eventually need them for geo TB, and with the new brood alpha, they are finally worth gearing for ground fights

K bud, my Geo's are all 7 star but the ships are basically 2 stars bar soldier.
  • Options
    Solowinduu wrote: »

It’s a long grind, but worth the investment now. Also, I forgot to mention that the dark side ships will help you for the executrix challenge.
  • Options

It’s a long grind, but worth the investment now. Also, I forgot to mention that the dark side ships will help you for the executrix challenge.

Cheers again mate. I'll add them to my grind list.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    You didn’t mention hounds tooth.. @Solowinduu
    If you haven’t already farmed it and bossk to 7* then you should be..
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    You didn’t mention hounds tooth.. @Solowinduu
    If you haven’t already farmed it and bossk to 7* then you should be..

I don't have either bud. Are they both that good.

I've only come back in the last 3 weeks after over a year away, so I'm still rusty.

Not dropping any money, but will look at houndstooth and how easy both are.

Cheers bud.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    4* HT and thrawn are your goal can solo ship table
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Gotcha. Sounds like a plan to me.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options

This. Hound's Tooth alone can defeat all of the PvE ship content in the game (even the new Geo TB...which is just HT tanking shots until Thrawn's special goes off over and over again). Thrawn is the best capital all around unless you have the Falcon.

For fleet arena, assuming you aren't going to have the Millennium Falcon for a very long time, Hound's Tooth (again) is the best ship, but Imperial TIE and Poe Dameron are both great for all modes. Those three as a starting lineup can get you a long ways. Phoenix ships are also always great.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »

This. Hound's Tooth alone can defeat all of the PvE ship content in the game (even the new Geo TB...which is just HT tanking shots until Thrawn's special goes off over and over again). Thrawn is the best capital all around unless you have the Falcon.

For fleet arena, assuming you aren't going to have the Millennium Falcon for a very long time, Hound's Tooth (again) is the best ship, but Imperial TIE and Poe Dameron are both great for all modes. Those three as a starting lineup can get you a long ways. Phoenix ships are also always great.

Great info mate.

Many thanks.
  • Options

That is actually just fine. Go all in on Genosian right now. If you find yourself lacking a good Separatiat lead go for Nute Gunray. Him in front of the Genosians until you unlock brood is a good sub. Zeta his unique. Then when you get brood drop Poggle and put nite in
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options

That is actually just fine. Go all in on Genosian right now. If you find yourself lacking a good Separatiat lead go for Nute Gunray. Him in front of the Genosians until you unlock brood is a good sub. Zeta his unique. Then when you get brood drop Poggle and put nite in

In Fleet Arena, the Geos still aren't really viable, though if a Sep Capital Ship comes out, that could change instantly. But yeah, the Geos are some of the few pilots that now are useful in both fleet and ground (Vader, Boba, Bossk, Shore, and Anakin as notable others).

Back to the OP, the fool-proof advice would be to farm Hound's Tooth & Bossk NOW, as well as Boba & Slave 1. They will get you through all PvE and set you up for fleet arena. Added bonus is Bossk & Boba are all but required to complete the Chewbacca event, and are also required for Millennium Falcon (in the future).
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »

In Fleet Arena, the Geos still aren't really viable, though if a Sep Capital Ship comes out, that could change instantly. But yeah, the Geos are some of the few pilots that now are useful in both fleet and ground (Vader, Boba, Bossk, Shore, and Anakin as notable others).

Back to the OP, the fool-proof advice would be to farm Hound's Tooth & Bossk NOW, as well as Boba & Slave 1. They will get you through all PvE and set you up for fleet arena. Added bonus is Bossk & Boba are all but required to complete the Chewbacca event, and are also required for Millennium Falcon (in the future).

Cheers bud.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

All three of their ships appear in the Galactic War store, which is about the easiest place to farm things you could ask for.

Sun Fac's ship only shows up there once in a blue moon, so you'll probably need to supplement that one by also grabbing it in the fleet store and/or hitting its hard node.

Ordinarily, I'd also say to just forget Consular's ship exists because it's rubbish, but once Negotiators become common we'll likely have a Republic fleet meta, so it may end up being useful yet.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png