Divide and Conquer - BE SPECIFIC!!!

Prev1
Bully
27 posts Member
I used an undersized separatist team because I thought it would satisfy 2 feats. Turns out I sabotaged myself. My full team were separatists but there was only 4. If they can specify 3 clones they can specify 5 separatists. "Full" can be open for interpretation.

Replies

• Options
    Why would 4 out of 5 be a full squad?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why would 4 out of 5 be a full squad?

Basically this, full and undersized contradict each other when discussing a team in this game.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just gotta read bro.
  • Options
    LOL, the subtle difference between "a full team of separatists" and "a team full of separatists"...
  • Options
    It's pretty clear that you need a full squad. Counter an undersized squad.
  • Gamblor
    32 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I did it without a full squad. I ran two undersized separatists squads and completed the feat. One as GG droids, minus magna, and the other was bugs minus soldier. Maybe the bugs still count since they spawn a fifth?
  • Bully
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Luck was on my side...the back row was hiding the Phoenix squad. 3 bugs, nute, and a droideka later I completed the feat.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that it could probably be worded better - "a squad of five Separatists" would be impossible to misunderstand - but I went with the full squad just to eliminate all doubt.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Bully wrote: »
    I used an undersized separatist team because I thought it would satisfy 2 feats. Turns out I sabotaged myself. My full team were separatists but there was only 4. If they can specify 3 clones they can specify 5 separatists. "Full" can be open for interpretation.

Agreed, I'd be emailing support for that one.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Let's define full for a moment....."containing or holding as much or as many as possible; having no empty spaces" "not lacking or omitting anything; complete"

Now let's define undersized for a moment....."less than is common, normal, proper, or average."

Now what the heck is the problem again besides lack of comprehension?
  • Options
    I dont think brute counts as a seperatist, on the kill toons with seperatists feat, i sent in the bugs and it only gave me 4 kills last ga
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Let's define full for a moment....."containing or holding as much or as many as possible; having no empty spaces" "not lacking or omitting anything; complete"

Now let's define undersized for a moment....."less than is common, normal, proper, or average."

A team of 4 separatists is full of seperatists. It is easy to misunderstand thanks to all the idosyncrosies of the english language. Who knows how well that text translates into other languages.

Explicitly saying it requires a team of 5 seperatists has significantly less room for misinterpretation.
  • Options
    It’s pretty silly that it doesn’t apply. I’d guess it isn’t intended. It would be ridiculous to punish you for using a harder squad.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »

A team of 4 separatists is full of seperatists. It is easy to misunderstand thanks to all the idosyncrosies of the english language. Who knows how well that text translates into other languages.

Explicitly saying it requires a team of 5 seperatists has significantly less room for misinterpretation.

Full explicitly means exactly what it means....there is no room for debate on this one
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    It’s amazing how many times CG fails in using simple clear language. Note: I assumed full meant 5. But still.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Dont know how more clear it can be than saying a full squad of seperatist, I mean do you consider a half full bag of chips to be a full bag just because everything in the bag is chips?
  • Options

Full explicitly means exactly what it means....there is no room for debate on this one

As an adverb it means entirely. A team of 4 seperatists is entirely composed of seperatists. Are you saying you have NEVER heard anyone use the word full to mean contains? I have a glass full of water doesn't necessarily mean my glass has water to the BRIM it means my glass contains water.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

As an adverb it means entirely. A team of 4 seperatists is entirely composed of seperatists. Are you saying you have NEVER heard anyone use the word full to mean contains? I have a glass full of water doesn't necessarily mean my glass has water to the BRIM it means my glass contains water.

What is a full team in SWGOH? 5 toons. What would be a full team of seperatist? 5 seperatist. If that isn't clear enough then I dont know what to tell you lol
  • Options
    Dont know how more clear it can be than saying a full squad of seperatist, I mean do you consider a half full bag of chips to be a full bag just because everything in the bag is chips?

A bag of chips is a great example of why their wording is open to interpretation. When you bought that bag you say it's full? But when you open it isn't it mostly air? It can hold quite a few more chips right?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

like I said in this case I see it. It just seems odd that any possible confusion could have been easily avoided
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

A bag of chips is a great example of why their wording is open to interpretation. When you bought that bag you say it's full? But when you open it isn't it mostly air? It can hold quite a few more chips right?

Your lack of comprehension amazes me while also giving me great amusement. Let's say for argument sake that the bag of chips in question weighs 12 ounces full or a full squad. Now I eat half of the chips in the bag so it is no longer a full 12 ounces it is now 6 ounces or half a squad. Now that everyone in kindergarten is with me we can relate this example to the game. If a full squad or a bag of chips is considered 5 units or 12 ounces then it only stands to reason that 5 separatist or 12 ounces of bbq chips represent a full squad of seperatist or a full bag of chips.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Your lack of comprehension amazes me while also giving me great amusement. Let's say for argument sake that the bag of chips in question weighs 12 ounces full or a full squad. Now I eat half of the chips in the bag so it is no longer a full 12 ounces it is now 6 ounces or half a squad. Now that everyone in kindergarten is with me we can relate this example to the game. If a full squad or a bag of chips is considered 5 units or 12 ounces then it only stands to reason that 5 separatist or 12 ounces of bbq chips represent a full squad of seperatist or a full bag of chips.

Unless you also bought an 8oz bag of chips. Then a full bag of chips can at the same time be defined as 8 or 12 oz.
  • Options

So you're saying you weigh your bag of chips before declaring it is a full bag? If one person took 1 chip out of that bag you would no longer refer to the bag as full?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Unless you also bought an 8oz bag of chips. Then a full bag of chips can at the same time be defined as 8 or 12 oz.

We're not comparing 5v5 to 3vs3 lol
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

So you're saying you weigh your bag of chips before declaring it is a full bag? If one person took 1 chip out of that bag you would no longer refer to the bag as full?

No I'm saying common sense will take you far in life
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Well it's been a fun debate but I have to go bed and get a full 8 hrs of sleep before having a full 3 course breakfast and then filling my truck full of gas before going to put in a full days work. I will then top the day off with a full six pack of beer and probably a full pizza.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

We're not comparing 5v5 to 3vs3 lol

No, but if they choose a 4 person squad, that is all seperatist, then they have changed their definition of full to 4.

Honestly, I think you are right, but I also don't think ppl who misunderstood are necessarily stoopid. It really isn't as clear to everyone as is it is to you (hence all the confusion).
  • Options

No I'm saying common sense will take you far in life

And I'm saying life is open to interpretation. Things that are common sense for one culture are different then another cultures.
  • Options
    Well it's been a fun debate but I have to go bed and get a full 8 hrs of sleep before having a full 3 course breakfast and then filling my truck full of gas before going to put in a full days work. I will then top the day off with a full six pack of beer and probably a full pizza.

how did you manage the full days work, i assume you worked for 24 hours then as that is the full day...