Kyber league

Aluxtu
420 posts Member
edited July 2019
Seeing as there is only 1 more ga round after our current round is kyber league even possible? No one is even in the league before kyber in division 2 yet.

Also how is it that both top 2 divisions are the only 2 divisions where getting into kyber league seems impossible.

Replies

• Options
    It is. Pretty sure you would have to have won all previous ga and continue winning throughout tho
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure winning them all with full clears and completing the feats wouldn't be enough.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    might be possible, but it is hard.
    Nevertheless, a little adjustment of the leagues promotion brackets for the first and second division would be meaningful:

In every league players reached already Aurodium, except for the first and second division, in which players are still 1500 points away to get the Aurodium promotion.
    If there is no intention of the developers to benefit players, with less than 3.8 MGP, we have now a situation, in which players with more than 3.8 MGM are hindered in their progression, compared to the players with less GM.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    Options
    Gac is dumb
  • Options
    I am in Division 6 undefeated so far and have made a decent effort on feats. I am confident I could lose 1 round and make it to Kyber and optimistic about making it in if I lose 2. Each GA has been a much stronger group of players than the one before it, so I am not sure whether or not I will make it, but it is definitely possible.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Given that the reward brackets start at a much lower level in Kyber than the other leagues (200+ for the highest vs 500+ in the others) I don't think a ton of people are expected to get there. I'd assume you need to win every matchup and complete most of the feats.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    If I remain undefeated, I will definitely make it to Kyber. That's not counting Feats I may or may not complete in that time. But I'm doubtful I will remain undefeated. (Also, I'm in Div 4.)
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Its possible just difficult as it is supposed to be.
    You basically have to win every match and average 57.5 points per battle.

720 for setting defense
    720 for clearing opponents defense
    460 points from battles
    1900 per match
    1000 win bonus for 2900 per match
    Times 12 is 34800
    For division 2 Kyber is 35,500 that means you would need 700 points from feats.
    So it is definitely possible, just very difficult
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    This is the third round of GAC arent there 5 rounds?
    It should be possible for even people with some losses if thats correct
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Options
    DPDJacob wrote: »
    Its possible just difficult as it is supposed to be.
    You basically have to win every match and average 57.5 points per battle.

720 for setting defense
    720 for clearing opponents defense
    460 points from battles
    1900 per match
    1000 win bonus for 2900 per match
    Times 12 is 34800
    For division 2 Kyber is 35,500 that means you would need 700 points from feats.
    So it is definitely possible, just very difficult
    its also assuming you’re able to one shot and full clear every round

So being undefeated isn’t good enough
  • Options
    4 rounds. Week 5 is a 7 day review phase
  • Options
    Malak will make it impossible for many players in division 1/2.
    In division 4 though, i'm lacking 10000 points to get the Kyber divisions, which means 4 wins with 4 clean, given that I lost 1 already. It's definitly doable (because there is still 5 rounds to do it) by a large amount of players there.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Debuff wrote: »
    Gac is dumb

Judging by some Reddit posts that happened today there is a distinct possiblity that CG has something planned that is going to anger a TON of people....but there are no details really just putting 2+2 together from what was posted....

It could actually get worse, or rewards worse or bracketing or whatever....no one knows but a few people... but people don't get angry unless something BAD is coming...

We will find out maybe a week maybe 2 but something bad is coming
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Gluckychou wrote: »
    Malak will make it impossible for many players in division 1/2.
    In division 4 though, i'm lacking 10000 points to get the Kyber divisions, which means 4 wins with 4 clean, given that I lost 1 already. It's definitly doable (because there is still 5 rounds to do it) by a large amount of players there.

Think about this....

If you have a bracket and 8 of those people have G12 maxxed Malak god teams.... only ONE ....only ONE of them will reach kyber...remember that... Kyber is so elite that even people who spent fortunes will not see kyber
    it only takes one loss really maybe two but if matching puts stronger against stronger (which may prove to be false from reports about matchs) only the gods of gods will EVER see kyber

And then the Powerball lottery guys who somehow are so magically lucky to get 12 squish matches that will never happen again in 1000 years may make kyber...

It's not something to even strive for...Kyber was determined the second this thing was put into place.... and the best of the best SHOULD not even be making kyber because they should be facing each other...

Now that seems to a bad way to make whales unhappy...spending 100k and not making kyber cause your fighting other guys who spent 100k..

Think about that when you want to know if the matchmaking puts the best against the best to find out who the best is.... because it CANNOT work that way because only 1 in 8 super uber whales fighing each other in a bracket would make kyber.....

so I think whatever formula they use has to at least account to let enough uber spenders the chance at kyber by never facing god teams of their own (it will happen but probably on a much lesser scale than it should)

Round 4 should be all gods vs gods and chumps vs me in the end...but it wont be.....to many uber spenders would be locked out of kyber and that's BAD for everyone
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    What is concerning is, say, you are in Aurodium and there is no possible way to get to Kyber by week 4, what do you do? I can see a lot of people setting 1 defense team to prevent opponents from reaching Kyber

You don't get mod slicing Mk II for winning but you lose out on weekly rewards + 450 GAC Tokens which might not seem worth the effort to lot of players who think they are paired against someone they can't win
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    What is concerning is, say, you are in Aurodium and there is no possible way to get to Kyber by week 4, what do you do? I can see a lot of people setting 1 defense team to prevent opponents from reaching Kyber

You don't get mod slicing Mk II for winning but you lose out on weekly rewards + 450 GAC Tokens which might not seem worth the effort to lot of players who think they are paired against someone they can't win

I won't do it....but why not... if you can't make top 500 your literally playing for the meh round rewards and if you lose first match or something not much to shoot for.... I can see people thinking the only fun thing to do is to screw this guy out of top rank or promotion or something..... crappy thing do to...but I can see the allure someone saying "well not much to lose but I'll get a seratoinin rush when the guy chat boxes me about how much ain **** I was"

EDIT read my post above and just think about what it would take to make kyber two losses and your out....but if gods are fighting gods...only 1 in 8 will make it...how angry will that make the biggest spenders... matchmaking almost has to have something to ensure those biggest spenders do not run into each other... making them angry by denying them kyber by fighting other god spenders.... might not be the best thing in the world for anyone
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gac is dumb

Judging by some Reddit posts that happened today there is a distinct possiblity that CG has something planned that is going to anger a TON of people....but there are no details really just putting 2+2 together from what was posted....

It could actually get worse, or rewards worse or bracketing or whatever....no one knows but a few people... but people don't get angry unless something BAD is coming...

Unfortunatly people get mad even when something Bad isnt happening. So thats not a good metric.

But I love GAC. Its my favoritenpart of the game. But.making rewards worse is not what they should do.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Just going to say this because it is annoying to hear people assume and speculate that something bad is coming when in fact nothing but good has been happening recently. Avocados are still readily available in your favorite local store, guacamole is still ,by far, the best dip ever, my mom still makes the best homemade applesauce, lasagna is one of mankind's greatest achievements, Warrior was never a good GC and his videos still suck and it was amusing to see him get his privileges revoked even if it was short lived and the new TB is awesome. Great things are happening in this world and this game so enjoy
    Post edited by Kokie on
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Just going to say this because it is annoying to hear people assume and speculate that something bad is coming when in fact nothing but good has been happening recently. Avocados are still readily available in your favorite local store, guacamole is still ,by far, the best dip ever, my mom still makes the best homemade applesauce, lasagna is one of mankind's greatest achievements, Warrior was never a good GC and his videos still suck and it was amusing to see him get his privileges revoked even if it was short lived and the new TB is awesome. Great things are happening in this world and this game so enjoy

Agreed on everything you just said, especially on lasagna is the greatest achievement of mankind. However the TB is just a re skin of hot TB it's not really "new"
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gac is dumb

Unfortunatly people get mad even when something Bad isnt happening. So thats not a good metric.

But I love GAC. Its my favoritenpart of the game. But.making rewards worse is not what they should do.

GAC>GA 100%

Just hope once everything is finalized all adjustments made the rewards dont suck so bad
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »

You would 99% of the time be correct. But something is going on that a lot of people are not gonna like (maybe... writing on the wall butcould be smoke n mirrors) would not put it past em

EDIT and since we dont have a complete picture your right no need to worry about it..... but funny thing once concern hits it is hard to forget