Facing players with WAY more teams then me and 1 mill average higher gp???

was this system not tested ???

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    the system is based on character GP, and at that only the top 60-80.

Players that run a bot and show this data have shown that it is almost identical.

as many have been pointing out this is not ideal, but the total GP is not what is being matched and is misleading.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    the system is based on character GP, and at that only the top 60-80.

Players that run a bot and show this data have shown that it is almost identical.

as many have been pointing out this is not ideal, but the total GP is not what is being matched and is misleading.

Not only that and correct me if I'm wrong but supposedly as you move up leagues your only fighting people in those same leagues (no matter of division). We are nearing the end of the championship soon so scenarios exist where if you were say division 3 and somehow got to aurodium league your gonna be fighting people from div 1 In the same league that could have way way more than you.

It's my understanding that GP is really only used for the beginning. As you move up leagues your gonna encounter people from higher divisions that have maybe lost and didnt move up fast enough. So they are in the same league as you.

Could be totally wrong but that's my understanding of the leagues.

• Drepd
    130 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    What would be cool if all of this was divison based. every division fights themselves. So div 1 fights each other all the way through the leagues. Div 2 does the same. Div 3 the same etc. Leave them all separate.

I get why its not though. Best of the best
  • Options
    I have like 10 squads im going against players with 20 squads to throw at me how is that evenly matched character gp
  • Options
    even if it didnt' account for ships, guys 1 mill gp difference when im 2 mill and they are 3 mill ? huge difference in squads available to you
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Options
    I have like 10 squads im going against players with 20 squads to throw at me how is that evenly matched character gp

I think it's because of whatever league your in (not division). Your seeing people now from higher divisions than you. I dont see anything wrong with this if it's working the way I understand the patch notes. We should all be seeing some randomness
  • Options
    i know what league im in, the wrong league. also, nothing random about my last two GAC being behind by 1 mill gp across 14 players and clearly with less squads to use then my opponents.... lol
  • Options
    i know what league im in, the wrong league. also, nothing random about my last two GAC being behind by 1 mill gp across 14 players and clearly with less squads to use then my opponents.... lol

But the bottom squads aren't as likely to take out your better squads. Whenever I've been 600k+ behind, I've destroyed them because I have both revans and they typically don't have either. I've also destroyed them on mods. Gp alone is a horrible metric for this. They can throw 69 teams at my Darth Revan team (shout out to ahnaldt101's recent live stream) and won't beat it most of the time
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like your character roster is extremely top-heavy. That would get you matched with larger but less focused opponents under this system.
  • Options
    Easy fix to matchmaking: only count characters over 10k gp, but you can only use characters over 10k gp. If it can be played, it should be counted.
  • Options
    Easy fix to matchmaking: only count characters over 10k gp, but you can only use characters over 10k gp. If it can be played, it should be counted.

Then people under like 2mil gp will barely have enough teams and the number of squads would have to be vastly decreased...
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »

Then people under like 2mil gp will barely have enough teams and the number of squads would have to be vastly decreased...

I'm at 2.4mil gp, somewhat top heavy, and I just counted I have 80 toons at 10k gp.
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »

Then change it to 5k gp. Or make the gp cut off different per division. People should only be matched inside a division anyway.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Options
    Drepd wrote: »

Not only that and correct me if I'm wrong but supposedly as you move up leagues your only fighting people in those same leagues (no matter of division). We are nearing the end of the championship soon so scenarios exist where if you were say division 3 and somehow got to aurodium league your gonna be fighting people from div 1 In the same league that could have way way more than you.

It's my understanding that GP is really only used for the beginning. As you move up leagues your gonna encounter people from higher divisions that have maybe lost and didnt move up fast enough. So they are in the same league as you.

Could be totally wrong but that's my understanding of the leagues.
    I'm pretty sure this is wrong. You are matched with others in the same league, but they'll still have a similar top60/70/80 gp.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Post the discord bot comparison.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Krynn007 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Post the discord bot comparison.

How can I do that?
    I'd like try this?

Get discord, get DSR bot and use the command with the 2 ally codes (yours and your opponent's) to get the stats overview.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg