GAC - insanely unbalanced!!!!!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Grand Arena Championships seems completely and utterly unbalanced!! I went wide in my character acquisition, to have FUN in this game, but my the last two people I got matched with have 115k power top tier arena squads with Revan and D.Revan..... how is that even a competition?? I mean, this guy had 13 zetas on one squad!!! I only have about 15 zetas TOTAL!

GAC is a broken, frustrating, system that only serves to disenfranchise me from this game!

If you want a fair assessment of whether your matchup is as totally unfair as you say then you really need to share the ally codes or swgoh.gg account links for both you and this person you were matched against - otherwise it's really just you moaning about being beaten (no offense intended)
  • Options
    The problem is that there are certain teams that almost always guarantee a win if you have them and your opponent doesn’t.

Eg: darth revan, Jedi Knight Revan, Traya
  • Options
    Guess i'm becoming the actual GAC MM advocate :)
    Really, i don't say it's perfect now, but today it's much more fun playing GAC than before GA, very close matches (i never had that in GA), i don't win all, some i do and some i loose, but it's really fun i have to say.
    A general GAC MM is crap is just no more justified today, there might still be some strange behaviours and some adjustments to do, but it's way better than it was before.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    GroggY wrote: »
    @CosmicJ
    So you say it is unfair because you have now close matches?

Kind of trolling I guess

@Topic Matchmaking is by now the best. Hope they keep it like it is. But there is so much crying going on... :(

You didn't read my post properly.

I spent a lot of time and resources focusing my roster because that made it good for the GA game mode under the set of rules CG originally set. CG completely changed the rules so now i only fight players who are also good at the game mode.

At this point you are going to say 'that's fair!'

The fight is, the rewards aren't. It's a much harder fight, and much more time spent (strategizing planning and analysing) for the same rewards or less than johnny-bloat, who sails his way to top rewards vs non-competitive opponents who could give two craps about GA.

Yes i want to fight tough competition, and i don't even mind losing a bit... but i also want to be adequately rewarded at higher levels of competition.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    The problem is that there are certain teams that almost always guarantee a win if you have them and your opponent doesn’t.

Eg: darth revan, Jedi Knight Revan, Traya

I'm facing a guy in the 3rd week of finals that has neither Revan and no real Padme or GG team with ok but not great mods. Everyone else in my bracket has one Revan and most have 2. And he is in the finals. Kinda has me worried honestly.

I guess I am trying to say, ever so politely, "get gud" man. Kidding about the meme of course, but strategy goes a long way.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Grand Arena Championships seems completely and utterly unbalanced!! I went wide in my character acquisition, to have FUN in this game, but my the last two people I got matched with have 115k power top tier arena squads with Revan and D.Revan..... how is that even a competition?? I mean, this guy had 13 zetas on one squad!!! I only have about 15 zetas TOTAL!

GAC is a broken, frustrating, system that only serves to disenfranchise me from this game!

Respectfully disagree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH