Best way to farm speed secondary mods

ZaneMorell
83 posts Member
edited July 2019
I’ve been struggling to acquire 20+ speed secondary mods.

It seems like there two main approaches (not including the mod store, for the sake of this post I’m not factoring that in).

1. Use mod energy to farm desired mod set and hope/wait for gold and purple mods to hit with speed secondary, upgrade them to 12 and hope/pray RNG hits on the speed secondary.

2. Acquire mods through out the game and minimal farming then upgrade your grey, green, blue to see if speed hits. If it does use mod energy to slice the mods and again hope/pray RNG hits on the speed.

What are people finding is the better use of mod energy, farming purple and gold mods or farming slicing material?

Replies

• Options
    A mix of both above, farm mods till you get secondaries you like, slice, pray, rinse, repeat
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Farming blue and green are actually better, wastes less credit and easier to find. One of my best non speed arrows is a Protection with a 23 speed secondary that started out green.

While purples and golds may cost less overall in terms of slicing mats(since green and blue require more to get to purple or gold), the hope for a 20+ speed is pretty low. I had a purple with a flat offense, flat protection and speed that rolled 3 times for the hidden tenacity stat.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Its worth noting there is no "best" way. Its all random and if any way is "better" its usually in your head. I use the above method because balance has done me well so far.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly all my best mods came from challenges farming mods is ****. Maybe I'm lucky but at least I don't have to delete mods every day