Clone Reworks and New Characters

Prev1
Which clones do you think will get reworked? What new characters do you think might be showing up next? Share your ideas and why.

Replies

• Options
    Cody, Echo, and Clone Sergeant all need it, Rex and Fives are the only questionable one imo
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Options
    History has taught me that the newest characters can't be had and don't return. Malak padme.....
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I think they actually teased Jar Jar. I think that’s an actual thing.
  • Neo43
    26 posts Member
    Options
    It sucks because the clone squad is actually a really good squad (mine is g12 and fully modded) but they just don't add up to the new squads being released
  • CT_3315
    17 posts Member
    Options
    All our current clones may be getting reworks, for example the Geo TB clone sarge has a new ability the would work well with a Cody lead. (Just a loop of assists). As far as new characters go, most likely Ponds, because he is already fully kitted out in the Geo TB and either Gregor and Wolffe because they were in rebels or Waxer and Boil for Cody. And if we truly believe, then hopefully Delta squad (No adviser). Other obscure possibilities are the rest of the 501st boys or other clone Captains and commanders alongside their Jedi general reworks (Ponds and Windu, Baccara and Ki Adi Mundi for example).
  • Options
    I'm thinking we will be getting 501st content later on in the year

What we will be getting now is waxer, boil, fox and wolffe
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    I’d like the shock trooper clones or whatever they’re called from the Geo TB.

They destroy me.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

They destroy me.

I think the sharpshooters are really interesting, I would like to get my hands on one. Maybe on an armor shred based team with Sabine and Zaalbar? Could be interesting.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

They destroy me.

Arc Trooper. Yeah he and the clone commander seems like they are placeholders for new playable toons. Hopefully Gregor and Wulff.
  • Options
    Neo43 wrote: »
    It sucks because the clone squad is actually a really good squad

yho3eb5e74zc.gif
  • Options
    We will get another clone or 3, I think Ponds looks very likely.
    I think they will rework them so that \\\leader abilities will become uniques instead - rex and cody can grant bonuses as sidekicks to jedi leaders. Then we will have enough for two Jed-Clone hybrid teams. Look for a a couple more jedi to get clone bonuses built into their leader abilities: Anakin, GK, Ki Adi Mundi (slap that forehead).
  • Options
    jawas and tuskens. also make cup and mob enforcer relevant
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Look for a a couple more jedi to get clone bonuses built into their leader abilities: Anakin, GK, Ki Adi Mundi (slap that forehead).

Mundi might be comming to the game but the Slap forehead comment is a direct reference to lame Jar Jar, a character as uninspired as that road ahead post was:

pw4cjqaclomc.png

• Options
    You could be right on the Jar Jar....I would be fine with him in the game as long as he wasn't useful, just like in the movies. Give him CUP status, let people farm him and theory craft but he should be a red herring.
  • mellamoroberto
    259 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Given there are only 5, it would be very odd/lazy (sorry) not to rework them all. Such a small faction shouldn't be partially reworked, especially given recent reworks have been highly synergy-focused, even to the extent that they render characters less viable outside highly specific teams.

For example, Dooku's anti-Jedi bonus was removed and his leadership ability lost its "applies to everyone" quality. (Please don't do this to Rex's leader ability btw!) If they aren't all reworked some may not fit into the new team dynamic as well as others, and could be noticeably weaker overall too.

The wording of the announcement also makes me think they'll all be reworked. At first I read that "a select few" will get updates and took it at face value... but a select few typically refers to a small percentage, since they aren't "select" at all if they make up the majority of a group... so I'm not sure it was meant to be taken literally. Maybe it was meant to refer to the 5 clones in the game, out of all the clones produced?
  • Options
    The synergy graphic for Shaak Ti didn't include the clone Sargent. I'm guessing he'll be phases out. I'm hoping the clone Sargent gets a new skin and name to become either Heavy or Hard Case. I don't think it will happen, but I can dream.

I think Cody will get a rework and become a damage dealer since he's an attacker. I also think 5s will get a tune up so he has a taunt.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    The synergy graphic for Shaak Ti didn't include the clone Sargent. I'm guessing he'll be phases out. I'm hoping the clone Sargent gets a new skin and name to become either Heavy or Hard Case. I don't think it will happen, but I can dream.

I think Cody will get a rework and become a damage dealer since he's an attacker. I also think 5s will get a tune up so he has a taunt.

Seriously the whole "tanks that can't taunt for themselves" thing needs to be reworked throughout the game.

Tanks that have passive Damage reduction for the whole team (like Vandor) or a building threat mechanic (like Sion) are ok. But without abilities like that tanks need a taunt. And the GR toons like 5s Mace Plo and JKG are the worst offenders of the bunch.
  • Options
    Why does everyone think/ want Clone sarge to be removed and/or changed into Heavy or Hardcase, its not going to happen because clone sarge is acquired at the start of the game and is an actual star wars clone type for Phase 1. it'd be easier for CG to leave him there and add either Heavy or Hardcase as a new character. It's the same idea as hoth rebel soldier or first order storm trooper. basic infantry archetypes.

(Low key some people are probably salty that a clone sarge 1 shot their Malak in Geo TB lol)
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm expecting all the clone troopers with names will (all but sarge)
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Cloning is a crime against humanity and anybody caught cloning should go to jail.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Arc_5555 wrote: »
    If Jar Jar is coming to the game I will consider quitting it’s bad enough we got Rose Tico and that’s a low as you can get

Oh get over it, Jar Jar’s been canon for twenty years and he’s honestly not the worst thing about Star Wars.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    If Jar Jar is coming to the game I will consider quitting it’s bad enough we got Rose Tico and that’s a low as you can get

Oh get over it, Jar Jar’s been canon for twenty years and he’s honestly not the worst thing about Star Wars.

You’re right Jar Jar ain’t that bad. The worst thing in Star Wars is Rose Kathleen Kennedy Rian Johnson JJ Abrams and the sequel trilogy

And why is that?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Have you not been watching the movies? JJ copies off Ep 4 for 7 and Rian Johnson took a big diversity riddled c r a p on the entire franchise with 8. Kathleen is a PR nightmare that blames men for everything and Rose is the worst character ever

So you don’t like diversity and believe that women are being sexist. And that’s why you don’t like the new trilogy.

(Btw the similarities from 4 and 7 are very much intended, not only for nostalgia (but mostly for nostalgia) but also for storytelling purposes.)
  • Options
    Have you not been watching the movies? JJ copies off Ep 4 for 7 and Rian Johnson took a big diversity riddled c r a p on the entire franchise with 8. Kathleen is a PR nightmare that blames men for everything and Rose is the worst character ever

So you don’t like diversity and believe that women are being sexist. And that’s why you don’t like the new trilogy.

(Btw the similarities from 4 and 7 are very much intended, not only for nostalgia (but mostly for nostalgia) but also for storytelling purposes.)

Having similarities is one thing, copy and paste is another. Also, as a teacher, the use of you using parentheses inside an existing set is absolutely cringeworthy
  • Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    We will get another clone or 3, I think Ponds looks very likely.
    I think they will rework them so that \\\leader abilities will become uniques instead - rex and cody can grant bonuses as sidekicks to jedi leaders. Then we will have enough for two Jed-Clone hybrid teams. Look for a a couple more jedi to get clone bonuses built into their leader abilities: Anakin, GK, Ki Adi Mundi (slap that forehead).

I'm hoping for three new Clones and then for Plo Koon to get a rework that is similar to Shaak TI's. Two Jedi/Clone teams or the option to make one viable full Clone team would be great.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Having similarities is one thing, copy and paste is another. Also, as a teacher, the use of you using parentheses inside an existing set is absolutely cringeworthy

Im, sory? welcome 2 the internet

As a teacher, you might know that history repeats itself. It’s a theme in Star Wars. Think trilogy, not individual movie.

While JJ created a similar movie, he set the grounds for a different ending and story. That’s also in keeping with Star Wars themes.