The longer this takes the more undeserving people will get him

I use myself as a typical f2p reference when it comes to event farming. I'm f2p, I rank top 50-20 in arena and 20-5 in ships. I also don't hoard resources, the more crystals I have ever saved up was 5k and I only save gear when I have a goal, like Malak's return, I only save most of g12 pieces. I usually try to get on suspicious farms as early as I can as long as they don't interfere with the existing ones and usually after the event comes as suspected miss the 7 star/7 star unlock, I usually make the 5-6 star if it's not a journey character.

As the average f2p player I consider myself a decent reference point for legendary events considering I have gotten almost all legendaries on the second time, including early returns like Rey and Darth Revan. I'm ready for Malak which means that most consistent f2p should also be ready at this point, if they aren't it's probably because they have slacked a little too much.

If Malak takes much longer to return then lot's of "undeserving" slackers will still get him, while those who have been consistent with their farming will keep being punished in PvP from the existing Malaks as well as alot more people catching up so soon who didn't put the effort as they should.

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, first p2p players think they should unlock characters before f2p(which I dont have a problem with), but now F2P players think they should unlock before other f2pers.
  • Options
    Oh please my Lord do not take your vengeance out against the peasantry
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Wow, first p2p players think they should unlock characters before f2p(which I dont have a problem with), but now F2P players think they should unlock before other f2pers.

Some f2p slack too much, they don't get on legendary farms soon enough because they always have the mindset "I have plenty of time for this"
  • Options
    So isn’t absolutely everyone who is ready when Malak returns right when they say “I have plenty of time for this?”

Taking the position that anyone who was ready after you personally were ready is “undeserving” is as arrogant and self-important as I’ve seen from you. Which is not a throwaway statement.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    What makes a player "undeserving" if they meet all of the requirements?
  • Options
    So isn’t absolutely everyone who is ready when Malak returns right when they say “I have plenty of time for this?”

Taking the position that anyone who was ready after you personally were ready is “undeserving” is as arrogant and self-important as I’ve seen from you. Which is not a throwaway statement.
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

Didn't I spend an entire paragraph to explain why I think I'm a good example of a f2p who's neither achieved unrealistic status by hoarding nor shown slacking with my farming? Those are good enough reasons to consider me the average to slightly above average f2p, and if I made the requirements now it means others who have the same consistency within realistic parameters should also be on the same page
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    "Indeserving slackers"? Really, @BaldingHead90?

You didn't get HMF on the first go-around because you slacked. You didn't get on that farm soon enough because of your own mindset (in your own words). Do you really think of yourself as an "undeserving slacker"?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Careful OP...your entitlement is showing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

You didn't get HMF on the first go-around because you slacked. You didn't get on that farm soon enough because of your own mindset (in your own words). Do you really think of yourself as an "undeserving slacker"?

That's not true, there were indications that the falcon would come but nothing set in stone, you can't compare it with events that have already come once. I was also still catching up to 3PO AND Jedi Revan so I couldn't spare resources even if I wanted to, it was a conscious choice, and guess what if I had gone for the falcon I would have most likely missed Revan's early return
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    As the average f2p player I consider myself a decent reference point for legendary events considering I have gotten almost all legendaries on the second time, including early returns like Rey and Darth Revan. I'm ready for Malak which means that most consistent f2p should also be ready at this point, if they aren't it's probably because they have slacked a little too much.

A consisten f2p player could easily have unlocked Thrawn and HMF at 5* and gotten Chewie, EP, R2D2, BB-8 and C-3P0 to 7* on the first go-around, but not necessarily JTR, Revans and Malak. I don't consider you a decent reference point. But ok, we each have different reference points.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

That's not true, there were indications that the falcon would come but nothing set in stone, you can't compare it with events that have already come once.

From previous discussions and how you described your own thoughts and decisions back then it's evident that you yourself easily could have farmed for and been ready for unlocking HMF on the first go-around. Your could easily have farmed the remaining BH ships to 5* after the official announcements of the requirements for the event. So again:

Do you really consider yourself an undeserving slacker? I find that quite ... "interesting".
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I respectfully disagree with OP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    When OP does something it’s a “conscious decision”, when others do the exact same thing they are “undeserving slackers”

This guy is comedy gold

That's not true, there were indications that the falcon would come but nothing set in stone, you can't compare it with events that have already come once.

From previous discussions and how you described your own thoughts and decisions back then it's evident that you yourself easily could have farmed for and been ready for unlocking HMF on the first go-around. Your could easily have farmed the remaining BH ships to 5* after the official announcements of the requirements for the event. So again:

Do you really consider yourself an undeserving slacker? I find that quite ... "interesting".

Even by your own logic, and if I'm f2p AND a slacker I still got the requirements for Malak as a slacker that I am (according to you of course). So if a f2p slacker can get it, then it's time for it to return before more worse slackers get it
  • Options
    lol
    Don't worry about it. Malak will be back in early/mid August. Arena will be a madhouse for a couple of weeks to get everyone frothy about mirror matches, then the DR/Malak counter will be released in September just in time for the end of FY 2019. #profit
  • Options

Didn't I spend an entire paragraph to explain why I think I'm a good example of a f2p who's neither achieved unrealistic status by hoarding nor shown slacking with my farming? Those are good enough reasons to consider me the average to slightly above average f2p, and if I made the requirements now it means others who have the same consistency within realistic parameters should also be on the same page

The frequency with which you refer to “I” in this post merely corroborates my view.

How on earth can you claim to have enough insight to label yourself as the “average to above average” f2p? You’ve bragged in other threads about finishing top in HSTR consistently. Is that something the average f2p is doing?

And also, in this thread you have tacitly admitted that you are PeterBahama with the HMF discussion. Your current profile wasn’t active in the run up to and duration of the first HMF event.

But, to sum up, anyone who gets to unlock a toon / ship before you is an evil p2p gremlin, and anyone who gets to unlock a toon after you is a slacker. Is that right?
  • Options
    I'm ftp but hoard crystals and am a bit more focused than the op. I was ready for malak a week or so after the event because I was only a little bit short when it came.

Would it be fair to call anyone that was not ready when I was a slacker? Not really. It can vary greatly depending on when you started playing and other goals. I started in Nov 2016 so I had most all the other good characters and a stash of crystals when darth revan came. I'm sure some that played longer had a bigger stash and got malak while those that started later were still working on other goals so they may still not be ready.

At this point I'm not even worried about getting malak. Yes I'll get him and he'll be good but by the time he returns, the meta will shift within a month. So I'm more worried about saving for the next meta.
  • Options

The frequency with which you refer to “I” in this post merely corroborates my view.

How on earth can you claim to have enough insight to label yourself as the “average to above average” f2p? You’ve bragged in other threads about finishing top in HSTR consistently. Is that something the average f2p is doing?

And also, in this thread you have tacitly admitted that you are PeterBahama with the HMF discussion. Your current profile wasn’t active in the run up to and duration of the first HMF event.

But, to sum up, anyone who gets to unlock a toon / ship before you is an evil p2p gremlin, and anyone who gets to unlock a toon after you is a slacker. Is that right?

I didn't admit to being anyone, there are alot more players in the game than you seem to believe and it's all math really, we all get the same resources as f2p, and most of use use them the exact same way, the devs have drawn a clear path on which we all walk.
  • Options
    @DarkHelmet1138 the meta won't shift for 3-4 more months
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    we all get the same resources as f2p, and most of use use them the exact same way

Rarely have I seen a less accurate statement.
  • Options
    @DarkHelmet1138 the meta won't shift for 3-4 more months

That may or may not be true. If so, then malak may still be about a month or two away. Typically, you get about month or two with the second release of the last meta.

Even so, I'm still not worried. I can effectively counter malak in arena so I can still get top 5 in arena. When malak comes back, I'm ready with no additional resources (or very few at least). Considering I have g13 on 3 of the ds characters and jkr, I doubt I'll need much more gearing.

So at this point, it doesn't matter when he comes. I'll beat him until he does and when he does, I'll beat the new 5 star malaks eith with malak or with my current team depending on how quickly I decide to gear him.
  • Options
    All the people who "deserved him" got him when he came around, even the f2p. The rest are all at the same level.

Btw, I don't believe what i just said, I'm just talking at your level
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This has gone on long enough.

Closing this.

This discussion has been closed.