Bug: Grievous doesn't gain a bonus turn when probe dies

Self-destruct doesn't activate metaloid monstrosity. :(

Replies

• Options
    Could be wai because it's self inflicted
  • Options
    The wording of each ability definitely sounds like IPD's self destruct should trigger a bonus turn. It is more likely that the wording of GG's unique will just be updated to exclude IPD rather than fix the interaction (if any action were to be taken on this at all).

fjpuve0esmop.jpeg
    brskaqydhcil.jpeg
  • Options
    There’s a difference between the words “defeated and self-destruct”.

The IPD defeats(self-destructs) itself. That’s why it’s working as intended.
  • Options
    The explanation of “self destruct” probably shouldn’t say “defeats” then, no?
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    The explanation of “self destruct” probably shouldn’t say “defeats” then, no?

Maybe self-destruction and defeat occur concurrently?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    “Itself” is the key word here.

Why? Grievous's unique doesn't say "when an enemy defeats a droid ally," and "self-destructing" is still "being defeated."
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is that IPD's mechanic is actually a "destroy" akin to being Annihilated by Nihilus, rather than a "defeat," since it can't be revived.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    My guess is that IPD's mechanic is actually a "destroy" akin to being Annihilated by Nihilus, rather than a "defeat," since it can't be revived.

If you annihilate a droid/seppie GG gets another turn.
  • Options
    But sometimes it works
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    It should work all the time according to the ability descriptions. I would submit a bug report.
    But sometimes it works
    Against Sith Empire it will work sometimes, because if GG is feared when probe droid self destructs, he takes a bonus turn but cannot dispel fear so he misses a turn
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    It should work all the time according to the ability descriptions. I would submit a bug report.
    But sometimes it works
    Against Sith Empire it will work sometimes, because if GG is feared when probe droid self destructs, he takes a bonus turn but cannot dispel fear so he misses a turn

Thanks
  • Options
    Wait i selected IPD in my droid team and geared it, only because i thought i could use self destruct to trigger myself another grievous turn and now you tell me it doesnt work ??
  • Options
    Wait i selected IPD in my droid team and geared it, only because i thought i could use self destruct to trigger myself another grievous turn and now you tell me it doesnt work ??

Nope, but why did you gear him?
  • Options
    Because i watched one gamechanger youtube video and he said to gear it to 12
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    But sometimes it works

GG does not get a bonus turn. I Know this because I have theory crafted a team that would beat Malak Everytime with a g7 6* probe with only spd mods.

(L)Ig88 g11 7*
    GGzz g13
    BB8zz g12 7*
    T3m4z g12 7*
    IPD g7 6* (health+protection = 11k)

Theory craft idea:
    1.bb8 special
    2.t3m4 Aoe
    3.ig88 Aoe
    4.GG health up special
    5.ipd self destruct malak (GG special causes IPD to lose health allowing him to explode Malak)
    6. GG Aoe. (Gets extra turn from self destruct)
    7. Finish

Like mentioned above I have tried this. Everything works except you don't get a bonus turn after IPD.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Options
    https://youtu.be/2ypcFYLAkww

Tested it. Forgot to switch to 1x speed but I was able to slow down on my phone and see what happened behind the scenes

Greivous DOES take bonus turn after IPD is kill BUT there is more going on

>IPD self destructs
    >while the animation of self destruct is going, IPDs turn is considered over so for a few seconds everyone starts filling turn meter
    >IPD animation ends and is now considered as a dead unit
    >GG again bonus turn but Thrawn was able to get 100% TM during that second so he goes before GG

EDIT: Playback the YT video at 0.25x speed to see what I mean
  • Bully
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    8rvo7jpqooyo.jpg

"WHENEVER a Droid or Separatist ally is defeated." Defeating itself is still being defeated. Nothing is specified about how it has to be defeated or who has to defeat it.

Self-destruct is just the name of the ability and has nothing to do with if it should/shouldn't trigger an ability.
  • Options
    It definitely gives him a bonus turn when he dies. I’ve been running this in arena for weeks now. Also you don’t need to blow up IPD to crush Malak teams with gg and the droids. Just get your turn order squared away and your crit chance up high enough. I think I’ve lost one arena battle in the past 3-4 weeks using this squad. They’re not great on defense but they melt sith empire and Malak even when g13
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/2ypcFYLAkww

Tested it. Forgot to switch to 1x speed but I was able to slow down on my phone and see what happened behind the scenes

Greivous DOES take bonus turn after IPD is kill BUT there is more going on

>IPD self destructs
    >while the animation of self destruct is going, IPDs turn is considered over so for a few seconds everyone starts filling turn meter
    >IPD animation ends and is now considered as a dead unit
    >GG again bonus turn but Thrawn was able to get 100% TM during that second so he goes before GG

EDIT: Playback the YT video at 0.25x speed to see what I mean

LOL! This is deeply screwed up... thanks for the insight.
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    Options
    @Ultra I think the guys win tm because of palp lead. Could you try again with another lead?
  • Therion
    82 posts Member
    Options
    SCCH wrote: »
    think the guys win tm because of palp lead. Could you try again with another lead?
    I thought the same at first, but there appears to be too much TM gain for that, and the enemies also gain TM. Still, a different lead would probably make for a clearer illustration of the problem.

• Options
    Yeah but where's Malak
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah but where's Malak
    unknown.png
    Screenshot_20190730-211002_Maps.jpg
  • Options
    Noice
  • Options
    Thanks guys, apparently the devs already know about this. @Kyno, can you close this.
This discussion has been closed.