Idea how to implement sandbox/practice

Yes lots of people ask for this, but here's an idea on how to actually implement it. let me know what you think.

-Add a button on any PvP battle engage screen and in an Ally Lookup screen called "save to practice". This saves a copy of the selected opponent's arena team to your list of Practice Squads (same for ships). You can save up to 3 squads and ship teams at a time to your Practice List. If full, it allows you to delete and replace a saved squad/ship team.

-Add a practice table to the main cantina and/or ship room to engage practice battles. Same screen as arena, shows you the (up to) 3 teams you have saved in each mode. Pick any team from your roster and engage in a timed practice battle.

-Optional - Up to 5 battles free per day, with ability to refresh battles for escalating cost (i.e. 25, 50, 100 crystals, or maybe use ally points).

-NO rewards necessary. If you insist on rewards just make it small, ally points or a handful of credits. Whatever, the point in my mind is the ability to do some free battles against selected teams

There you have it. I don't code so I don't know what kind of effort this would be but aside from copying teams its really just rehashing the arena functions without looking for current opponents. I'm sure it's harder than it seems. Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Like you, I don’t code. My thoughts hinge around the ability to enter a VS Mode on the table, from which you could select someone from either your guild or your ally list, from which you could select toons to make up the team you’re fighting against. It seems simple enough, no need to “save teams” to fight against, but I really don’t know what hangups exist within that potential code.
    Ooba hutar.
  • kurtisblow
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I think you could certainly add some complexity to this feature by giving you more latitude in picking your opponents. I just thought it would be fairly easy to make a feature to copy a team that's already being featured on the screen and save it to practice against later.
  • Options
    There is a semi-sandbox mode already.
    Go to GW until node 12. Keep node 12 and practice there
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    There is a semi-sandbox mode already.
    Go to GW until node 12. Keep node 12 and practice there

wrong mostly :)

While I'm not opposed to sandbox.... I do not want a sandbox over new content..... if they have to spend development time on a sandbox over say a ship raid.... then sandbox can go take a hike
  • Options
    GW is not a substitute for this. You don’t know what teams you will be facing. The whole point of this mode is to allow you to theory-craft and/or practice against specific teams.

Also it kind of is new content. It’s a way you can play the game and use your roster in a completely free-form way. Like plenty of others have stated, we built these teams and we just want to use them. More character progression isn’t really what this game needs.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps an easier way for the teams 'chosen' to be coded into the game is much like how when you manually do a light side battle for example it saves the leader toon youve used, and other can use it.
    Change that so that your whole team is saved and then others could then fight it.
    In the end this will never happen, greater variation in squad arena meta teams is the more immediately achievable goal in terms of fun IMO
  • Options
    A