Acklay down!

Jarvind
3926 posts Member
I hope I made the first 100?

cqGHkrK.png

Sorry, there isn't a "Geonosis TB" subforum in guild events so I wasn't sure where else to put this.
u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Replies

• C4L3B87
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nice work! Do you think it could be done with less or are 2/5 at G13 (from your swgoh.gg page) minimum?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Nice work! Do you think it could be done with less or are 2/5 at G13 (from your swgoh.gg page) minimum?

The way the timing worked out, I had to eat one of the Acklay's AOE stompy tantrums while it was enraged. I'm not sure that it's avoidable; my Alpha has +90 speed and the Beast Tamer cooldown still had a full turn to go when the AOE hit.

That AOE instantly vaporized Poggle and the Spy, which is why they're dead in the screenshot. I think anyone other than Sun Fac that isn't G13 will probably die when that happens, so you probably need at least the Alpha and I'd lean heavily towards either Soldier or Spy as well to ensure you can keep some damage going.
    Post edited by Jarvind on
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

The way the timing worked out, I had to eat one of the Acklay's AOE stompy tantrums while it was enraged. I'm not sure that it's avoidable; my Alpha has +90 speed and he still had a full turn to go when it came up.

That AOE instantly vaporized Poggle and the Spy, which is why they're dead in the screenshot. I think anyone other than Sun Fac that isn't G13 will probably die when that happens, so you probably need at least the Alpha and I'd lean heavily towards either Soldier or Spy as well to ensure you can keep some damage going.

Thanks for the info. How did you handle the Jedi? Their AoE damage is through the roof as well and it was them who killed me in my attempts, not the Acklay. Did you kill them all right away or kept them around for retribution?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

The way the timing worked out, I had to eat one of the Acklay's AOE stompy tantrums while it was enraged. I'm not sure that it's avoidable; my Alpha has +90 speed and he still had a full turn to go when it came up.

Thanks for the info. How did you handle the Jedi? Their AoE damage is through the roof as well and it was them who killed me in my attempts, not the Acklay. Did you kill them all right away or kept them around for retribution?

I killed the one that AOEs and left the others alone. I think he's called a Sentinel? The one with two lightsabers. He stealths himself, so I had to use Spy's 2nd special to Expose and nuke him (spy's unique omega de-stealths targets when they get Exposed).

I accidentally killed another one (fish head guy) because he taunted after the Acklay AOE and one basic + assist frenzy was enough to kill him. Ideally I would've avoided that, because every living Jedi reduces the Acklay's damage, but apparently it's not a dealbreaker.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Great work, congrats!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I killed the one that AOEs and left the others alone. I think he's called a Sentinel? The one with two lightsabers. He stealths himself, so I had to use Spy's 2nd special to Expose and nuke him (spy's unique omega de-stealths targets when they get Exposed).

I accidentally killed another one (fish head guy) because he taunted after the Acklay AOE and one basic + assist frenzy was enough to kill him. Ideally I would've avoided that, because every living Jedi reduces the Acklay's damage, but apparently it's not a dealbreaker.

You had a pretty lucky accident, fish guy also has a devastating AoE.