The game always restarts if its minimized. Pls fix this.

Rake6
442 posts Member
This bothers me a lot! Please fix that. The moment I minimize it it restarts and I have to wait till its loaded again. I minimize the game a lot. Its frustrating.

Replies

• Options
    Sounds like a personal device issue
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Samsung S8 and have a similar problem. It's not all the time bit seems to happen on a raid run often when I need to switch to anything else for more than 30 seconds
  • lolz
    89 posts Member
    Options
    This happens to me only if i minimize and then run a lot of apps to drain RAM or when there are a lot of background apps already running.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    It's more a device RAM issue than an app issue.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I have a lot of space on my phone and it happens to me all the time. Even if I minimise the game to check the time or a text, I’ll open it back up and it restarts. Every single time.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options
    All the time bruh!
  • Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    I have a lot of space on my phone and it happens to me all the time. Even if I minimise the game to check the time or a text, I’ll open it back up and it restarts. Every single time.

Does it happen when you've closed most/all other apps? Some apps like browsers take up quite a lot of memory.
  • Options
    ive had that ever since the upgrade to android 9
  • Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Danubiss wrote: »

Does it happen when you've closed most/all other apps? Some apps like browsers take up quite a lot of memory.

It actually takes up more space to be constantly closing all of your apps. The demand required to boot from scratch compared to boot from an already open app is a lot greater.
  • mellamoroberto
    259 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Some of you mentioning memory are referring to storage space, which isn't memory; others are referring to RAM, which actually is memory. There's a difference.

When you launch the game it's loaded from storage into RAM. If it needs to reload when you leave the app and switch back, it would make the most sense for that to mean all the necessary files aren't in RAM anymore because your phone let them go to handle other tasks/apps. Thus they need to be loaded from storage again. Of course, even small, unannounced game or server upates could require loading too.

Personally, it used to be quite rare for the game to reload itself on my phone, and now it's pretty common, regardless of how little or how much I use my phone. I've suspected it might be due at least in part to Android updates, and I'm in the Android beta program, so it would make sense for me to experience some issues like that, as I've experienced others.

Has anyone else started to experience the reloading issue more often recently? Within the last month, perhaps?
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It's more a device RAM issue than an app issue.

I don't know about that. I have an IPhone XR and the app restarts between switching sometimes. I don't think the XR should have RAM issues. Maybe its a connection issue? Where I live doesn't always have the greatest cell reception, it depends on which way the wind blows. I notice this issue happens more at home than it does anywhere else.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    As many have said, this is not a game issue, it is a phone "issue". The game doesnt decided to close that is solely on the phones end, it could be a setting or a hardware reason, but the game doesnt decide when to close.

In the interest in keeping a phone operating fast, they only run so many background operations, depending on what you do between minimizing the app and going back, the phone may close it.
  • Options
    Do you use an app like battery doctor? The s8 has a memory optimisation app too which could be to blame. But yes, everytime I had this issue on previous phones it was due to either running low on memory so phone bins apps to free room or a battery optimisation app binning it when not in use.