Crouching Rancor or In Game Mod Recommendations?

What is your guys' recommendation for mod advice? Historically I have looked to the Mod Advisor on crouchingrancor.com, but I am wondering if this site is still relevant? It concerns me that there are only 2 toons that it recommends using defense mods and only 2 toons that it recommends a tenacity set, but perhaps that is actually the best advice?

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    I read the website “gaming-fans” as that author breaks down the character texts, reviews the in-game suggestions, and then offers his take away

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I have no idea how good crouching rancor is, but the in-game recommendations are useless.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    The ingame mod recommendations are hilariously bad. Every time I've looked at them they've suggested something objectively much worse than what I'm using. I imagine it doesn't take into account that speed is like 10x more valuable than any other stat.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    It recommends that 2 toons use a tenacity set? That sounds a bit high.
  • Options
    It recommends that 2 toons use a tenacity set? That sounds a bit high.

Nest, Bossk, KRU, Zaalbar, and Jolee all do really well with tenacity mods. And I’m sure there are others that I’m not thinking of.
  • Options
    The in-game recommendation is obviously crap, since it's an algorithm, so any site with non-computer input will be superior.
    Honestly, what I do is trial and error, and I look at some of the top players in the game and see how they've modded toons.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).