To Ben or not to Ben?

When I saw Ben moved to cantina I say "wooooo", but many people suggest he's not worthy at the present.
Anyone has already tried his usefulness at 4* star?
So he can use his mental trick, and maybe can be killed.
To sum up:
Is he worth that 5 day grind to use him on arena?
(Consider that I've a full 7* team)

Replies

• Bigal
    85 posts Member
    Options
    he is literally my favorite character to have and play around with, read the Kenobi legends book and you will love him too.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Will I use him all the time, definitely not in the current meta. But I'm sure going to farm him anyway. It's Old Ben. One of my favourites so for me I must have him. I'll probably use him mostly I'm GW to play around with though
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I use my 5* Old Ben in GW for my B team. He does well there. I wouldn't suggest using him in arena though. While you may enjoy him on offense, anyone attacking you (and they will) will easily handle Old Ben. A Yoda on offense with just Battle meditation and Old Ben's mind tricks will be resisted and useless. A Dooku and Lumi combo or Dooku and RG combo can easily shut Old Ben down with stuns/ability block.

Now, we can safely say that all teams are terrible on defense (they are) and can be beaten by almost any human on offense (they can), but Old Ben just makes you an easier target. A human can play around him with ease and shut him down. With only his weak basic attack, he is easily ignored.

My opinion: if you use him in arena you will become an easy target and lose more ranks faster, making him not worth the arena spot anymore. In GW though, he's really nice to shut down those harder to beat teams

Edit: spelling.
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    My opinion: if you use him in arena you will become an easy target and lose more ranks faster, making him not worth the arena spot anymore. In GW though, he's really nice to shut down those harder to beat teams

+1

This is the best summation of OB I have seen. :)

• rocknroll64
    322 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well under qui gons speed leadership he isn't to bad. I feel another 10-20% potency would make a world of a difference on his viability. If he can hit a consistent 8/10 of his debuffs I would swap him in for poe as my tanky support guy of my team. I have him 4 star in early tier 8 gear and his ability just doesn't hit enough debuffs to make him great. But I have not seen his tier 9 gear upgrades. So MAYBE then he gets more potency. Lol I could check swgoh cantina to find out his max potency. But oh well. I will check it out after I max out dooku from cantina. Hope this helps a little.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    If his lead ability actually worked I'd try him