Wat Tambor shards - minimum gear?

I’m looking for feedback on the minimum gear level for Geos to be successful on the Wat Tambor mission - my current team didn’t manage but Brood only just hit 7* and still needs two yellow stun guns to reach G12!
—> My current target is zzBrood with full G12+3 Geos.
If this doesn’t cut it, I planned on G13 on Spy for DPS.

Replies

• Options
    I'd take Brood to G13 first, but as long as you get the modding and strategy right plain G12 should be enough.
    It's not the dps you need the most, but survivability and well-timed ability blocks (hailfire tank helps with tenacity).
  • Options
    In my last experience in this fight, I had a 7* gear 11 Brood (double zeta's) with gear 12+3 geo's and I managed to get to the last phase, though I had lost Soldier and Poggle in phase 3. I was quickly wiped out in the last phase. My thought is that I need to work on my strategy (ability block, when to taunt, that sort of thing) in addition to improving my gear levels.

It sounds like you know how amazing Spy is. I've also found grown to like the Brute and his special attack since it calls everyone to assist twice.

I've decided to take at least Spy and Brood to gear 13. Probably Soldier and maybe Sun Fac as well since they're pilots.

Good luck!
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I did it with G13 zzBrood, G12+1 Sun Fac, G12+0 Soldier, G11+4 Poggle and G11+3 Spy.
    Mods very mediocre on all of them, bordering pretty good on Brood.

I came close to disaster a couple of times, but finished tier 4 with close to full HP+Prot.

The most most challenging parts were ones with more than one priority clone to focus down - either with two sergeants or a sergeant+medic combo. You've gotta get that medic killed to avoid revives, but you also need to get those sergeants killed because one badly placed AOE can spell trouble for your whole team.
    Post edited by Krjstoff on
  • Options
    The fight is easy with a G11/12 up to stage 4...if you don't focus the arc trooper immediately in that stage it's game over as his aoe will pretty much wipe your team.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I didn’t get the chance to try the mission until I had my geos at G13/12 (brood and soldier 13). It was fairly easy straight through until the end, except for a short period when the troopers started getting turns in. But I never really felt I was in danger of failing so Im thinking my gear lvl is somewhat an overkill
  • Options
    i do it with zzg12 brood alpha and g11 other geo
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I heard it depends on whether you are using an iPhone or Android...
  • Options
    I did it with g11 zGBA, g12 soldier, g12 poggle, g11 sun fac, g11 spy
    Spread that ability block around and take it slow.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I actually failed it with G13 GBA/Soldier and G12 everyone else. I was fine up until the final wave, at which point an AOE instagibbed Poggle and Spy and it went downhill fast.

I was pretty surprised, since I'd just used the same team to beat the Acklay which is by all accounts much harder. Based on what other people are apparently beating it with, I'm hoping it was just really bad RNG.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    It's more about the strategy than the gear. Mine are g11 at most and did it. Read the kits of the clones and NEVER let the arc trooper use his AoE.

That, and the fact that if you get Mace instead of Aayla, it will be easier