GAC League Reward Structure

I just noticed that I’m 3000 points from Kyber league and ranked #3300. I should move up more with my 1000 points for winning and other moving up to kyber. This prompted me to check what kind of reward I could get for being near the top of aurodium. That’s when I noticed that how narrow the payout structure is for leagues.

Of the tens of thousands of people in Division 3 aurodium only the top 500 will increase their payouts (I’m guessing at this number because I started this last GA around rank #7500). This really removes incentive to complete feats (especially towards the end of GAC). I expect to be within 2000 points of kyber by the time this is done and I’m guessing that won’t be enough to make the top 500 in this league. People will probably need to be within 500 points to cross this threshold.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Of the tens of thousands of people in Division 3 aurodium only the top 500 will increase their payouts (I’m guessing at this number because I started this last GA around rank #7500). This really removes incentive to complete feats (especially towards the end of GAC).

However, it really gives you incentive to win more rounds, doesn't it? That's where the big points are, and that's fine with me.

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Of the tens of thousands of people in Division 3 aurodium only the top 500 will increase their payouts (I’m guessing at this number because I started this last GA around rank #7500). This really removes incentive to complete feats (especially towards the end of GAC).

However, it really gives you incentive to win more rounds, doesn't it? That's where the big points are, and that's fine with me.

No, the only incentive I had to win rounds (outside of my competitive nature) is to potentially advance to the next league. Once the chance of me advancing to kyber was gone, I was just playing for the rewards inside of the current matchups.

An update to my number given before: a guildmate is also Div 3 aurodium but currently ranked #25,000. So there’s many more than my 10,000 guess.
  • Options

To further elaborate on my initial point, I won my last match early this morning. Being done with The GA, I knew I only had 3 feats left to complete (squad arena, fleet arena, and spending credits). I had initially planned on spending 50 crystals if needed to to hit the squad arena feat, but after seeing that it would make no difference in my GAC rewards, I decided that I will just roll the dice on being able to complete that feat in time (no spending crystals).

Basically, your league determines your rewards. Your rank within that league is almost irrelevant.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I'm in Division 2. Won 11 of 12 matches. Cleared every feat but one (the GG one from today). Missed Kyber by 350 points.

What this gave me was an incentive to put worse teams on D.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH